In God We Trust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: In God We Trust
(07-02-2014 03:00 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 02:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, it is true. But many of them come here for some unknown reason.

Is that so?
Try googling best country in the world.

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3894041/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2...ries-2013/
When we stop Democrats and rhinos Republicans from destroying this country everything will be better.
America has to wake up and fight with political class who tax people until they can not breeze and turn them to welfare recipients.

Why do 11 million illegals do not go to Europe? Why do they dream about amnesty?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2014, 03:15 PM
(07-02-2014 02:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 02:20 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Oh Jeebus.
Here we go again...
1. Where did I say I "hate America"?
I didn't say you said this. I only asked you a question: "why do you hate America?"
I expected an answer :'I don't hate America, I LOVE America" or "Yes, I hate America because..."

(07-02-2014 02:20 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  2. America is not the best country, sorry to burst your bubble.
I can say this because America is the only country that gives the most opportunities to legal immigrants. Many people die to come here. Not to many people die to come to other countries.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

(07-02-2014 02:20 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  3. Stop insulting the Cubans, I'm sure they'd hate to be used as one of your anti-European puns.
I am not insulting Cubans. I didn't say anything offensive. I only suggest that may be it is a better place then USA.Smile

Is English your first language? This is an honest question. If not:
1. Your question assumes that I hate America.
2. Please provide some evidence of your claim.
3. This is what's called a "back hand compliment", it was suppose to be humorous since people would expect I'd mention Europe.

Atir aissom atir imon
07-02-2014, 03:18 PM
(07-02-2014 03:08 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Quick language tip for you. You did say he hates America by the way you phrased the question.
My question is just an assumption that he hates America. I assumed this because of his reply. Assumptions can be wrong.
But I didn't say that he said:"I hate America". So, he asked me : "where did I say I hate America?" I answered:" I didn't say you said this"

07-02-2014, 03:22 PM
(07-02-2014 03:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 03:08 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Quick language tip for you. You did say he hates America by the way you phrased the question.
My question is just an assumption that he hates America. I assumed this because of his reply. Assumptions can be wrong.
But I didn't say that he said:"I hate America". So, he asked me : "where did I say I hate America?" I answered:" I didn't say you said this"

You have to get the assumption from somewhere. Your question implies that I said it.

Atir aissom atir imon
07-02-2014, 03:25 PM
(07-02-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Is English your first language? This is an honest question.
No, it is not

(07-02-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  If not:
Exactly. It was my assumption. My assumption was not based on words "I hate America". So I never said you said this.

(07-02-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  2. Please provide some evidence of your claim.
I can't because assumptions can be wrong and I will be the first person who will reject this assumption when I know it is not true.
So, do you love America? And what do you love the most about America?

(07-02-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  3. This is what's called a "back hand compliment", it was suppose to be humorous since people would expect I'd mention Europe.
Actually it was humorous. It really was.
Are you embarrassed to be an American?

07-02-2014, 03:27 PM
(07-02-2014 03:22 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 03:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  My question is just an assumption that he hates America. I assumed this because of his reply. Assumptions can be wrong.

You have to get the assumption from somewhere. Your question implies that I said it.
Yes, you are right.

07-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I was the one who said I was embarrassed to be an American. I am not all the time, but when I see videos like this I am. The rest of the industrialized word would probably stare in awe at the absolute stupidity of these people, and the fact of the matter is, this stupidity is not just isolated in this little town in North Carolina, there are MILLIONS of people just like that in this country. It is embarrassing.
[+] 1 user Likes mrlmichael's post
07-02-2014, 03:44 PM
(07-02-2014 03:27 PM)mrlmichael Wrote:  I was the one who said I was embarrassed to be an American. I am not all the time, but when I see videos like this I am. The rest of the industrialized word would probably stare in awe at the absolute stupidity of these people, and the fact of the matter is, this stupidity is not just isolated in this little town in North Carolina, there are MILLIONS of people just like that in this country. It is embarrassing.
Believe me people like this exist in every country. You don't have to be embarrassed to be an American.
But any way, I wish you save flight(I assume) and have a great life. What country in Europe?

07-02-2014, 03:47 PM
(07-02-2014 03:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Is English your first language? This is an honest question.
No, it is not

(07-02-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  If not:
Exactly. It was my assumption. My assumption was not based on words "I hate America". So I never said you said this.

(07-02-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  2. Please provide some evidence of your claim.
I can't because assumptions can be wrong and I will be the first person who will reject this assumption when I know it is not true.
So, do you love America? And what do you love the most about America?

(07-02-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  3. This is what's called a "back hand compliment", it was suppose to be humorous since people would expect I'd mention Europe.
Actually it was humorous. It really was.
Are you embarrassed to be an American?

OK that makes sense. Let me teach you something here:
When you ask a question like you did, it implies that I actually said it. If this is not what you mean, then the sentence is grammatically incorrect.
You should've said: "Ryan, do you hate America?"

Let me show you an example:

Incorrect: "Alla, why do you hate Europe?"
Correct: "Alla, do you hate Europe?"

See the difference?

2. Then an argument based on an assumption is not worth my time.

3. Yes, sometimes.
I do like my country, I don't hate America. I hate what it has become.
There is more patriotism in voicing your concerns about your country than there is in blindly following it. Too many people do not understand exactly that, which is a founding principle of America.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
07-02-2014, 03:47 PM
(07-02-2014 03:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 03:27 PM)mrlmichael Wrote:  I was the one who said I was embarrassed to be an American. I am not all the time, but when I see videos like this I am. The rest of the industrialized word would probably stare in awe at the absolute stupidity of these people, and the fact of the matter is, this stupidity is not just isolated in this little town in North Carolina, there are MILLIONS of people just like that in this country. It is embarrassing.
Believe me people like this exist in every country. You don't have to be embarrassed to be an American.
But any way, I wish you save flight(I assume) and have a great life. What country in Europe?

Well, in my two years in Germany and two years in Belgium, I rarely encountered people like the fundamentalist Christians you see here. There might be a few isolated pockets in some of the Muslim or Turk communities.

I am heading back to Belgium(flying yes). I appreciate the well wishes.