In God We Trust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: In God We Trust
(07-02-2014 10:34 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yes I do believe that it's been historically proven that its easier to just follow the herd.

No No No!

We're all individuals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVygqjyS4CA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2014, 06:05 PM
(07-02-2014 05:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 03:47 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Too many people do not understand exactly that, which is a founding principle of America.
Could you please name some of those people(groups)?

If you are curious to find out more about the people who founded the United States and their ideas, here is a list of people that will help you.

Thomas Jefferson (my personal favorite). Author of the Declaration of Independence and 3rd President.

James Madison. Author of the United States Constitution and 4th President.

Thomas Paine (one of my personal favorites). Author of the short book "Common Sense" (which I think should be required reading in every U.S. History class, but is somehow rarely mentioned)

John Adams. 2nd President.

George Washington. 1st President.

Benjamin Franklin. Never a President, but possibly the most influential of the entire group.

I could go on and on, but I would say these are the most important.

Random factoid: I am sure you are aware that The Declaration of Independence was signed (at least when we historically celebrate it being signed) was July 4th, 1776. Both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on July 4th, 1826.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes mrlmichael's post
07-02-2014, 06:31 PM
(07-02-2014 03:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  What is founding principle of America according to your understanding?
And thanks for a little lesson. I appreciate any help from others.

That "We the People" are suppose to control the government, not the other way around. It is our patriotic duty to abolish a government that does otherwise.

Direct quote from the Declaration of Independence:
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.
Link to online copy

What all that gibberish means in modern day English:
When it becomes necessary to end one political process due to lack of representation, it's only fair to list the reasons why. We believe everyone is created equal, and should be afforded the right to pursue life, liberty, and happiness as they see it. We believe these rights a fundamental truth, and no government’s right to curtail, now, and forever more. That to protect these rights, governments are designed by and get their powers from its People. And when any design of government begins to remove their freedoms, it's the sole responsibility of the People to repair or replace it. We shouldn't change government lightly, for when we do, people suffer. Therefore, it's important that whatever form of governing process we agree on, we build it well. When however through ANY actions this governing body we create, seeks to reduce our civil liberties, or reduce our ability to self govern, it's not only our right, it's our civic obligation within any real Republic to amend or throw off such governments, and provide a new governing body that supports civil liberties for all, now, and for future generations. To enjoy civil liberties, our participation in maintaining their security lands squarely on us, those who live under them.
Taken from Google Translations

(07-02-2014 05:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 03:47 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Too many people do not understand exactly that, which is a founding principle of America.
Could you please name some of those people(groups)?

Oh I'm sure I could make a huge a list, but it wouldn't change anything. It's not about specific people, it's about the general public's lack of knowledge of their own country and patriotic duties as a citizen. All those lying politicians who misquote, bend, misinterpret and purposely lie about it to gain votes.
This is what makes me sick, people that believe what they don't know and blindly follow any self-proclaimed "sheperd" to their own deaths.
This is what embarrasses me.
It's not the founding principles of America, nor the country itself. It is the corrupt government and corporations combined with willfully ignorant American citizens.

Now Alla, have made myself clear?

Atir aissom atir imon
07-02-2014, 10:17 PM
(07-02-2014 10:28 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I suppose this is more for the non-merikan members here. I continually hear things like, "they can't really believe this stuff", or "no way people are really that crazy". This documentary gives it to you straight from the mouths of the people. This is what we live with.

You can actually see the cognitive dissonance happening when reasonable questions are asked to some of these people about the bible. Faith vs. reason, it's a motherfucker. But it's so much easier to follow the herd.....

Well that was fun! Some real winners in there! I really liked the ancient astronaut dude with the paint on his face. I mean he was no more crazy than the others but he certainly stands out more.
And then there's the guy that said he was 100% sure of his faith but he had some doubts. Comedy gold man..
07-02-2014, 10:39 PM
It would be interesting to see him go back and interview the Harold Camping rapture people today and get their reaction and see what's become of their lives.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-02-2014, 11:24 PM
(07-02-2014 02:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 01:42 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Take me with you!
Ask Santa Obama to help you if you are not capable to do it on your own.
Why do you hate America? I am immigrant and I love America. The best country in the world.
Oh, there is a better place then Europe. Cuba!

Remember, the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side, NO MATTER WHICH SIDE YOU'RE ON.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
08-02-2014, 02:27 AM
(07-02-2014 06:00 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 10:34 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yes I do believe that it's been historically proven that its easier to just follow the herd.

No No No!

We're all individuals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVygqjyS4CA

I am not an individual !
[+] 1 user Likes PigMonkeyandFrog's post
08-02-2014, 08:43 AM
(07-02-2014 10:39 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  It would be interesting to see him go back and interview the Harold Camping rapture people today and get their reaction and see what's become of their lives.
Yes. I would watch that. And I would laugh.
08-02-2014, 06:51 PM
(07-02-2014 06:31 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 03:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  What is founding principle of America according to your understanding?
And thanks for a little lesson. I appreciate any help from others.

That "We the People" are suppose to control the government, not the other way around. It is our patriotic duty to abolish a government that does otherwise.

Direct quote from the Declaration of Independence:
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.
Link to online copy

What all that gibberish means in modern day English:
When it becomes necessary to end one political process due to lack of representation, it's only fair to list the reasons why. We believe everyone is created equal, and should be afforded the right to pursue life, liberty, and happiness as they see it. We believe these rights a fundamental truth, and no government’s right to curtail, now, and forever more. That to protect these rights, governments are designed by and get their powers from its People. And when any design of government begins to remove their freedoms, it's the sole responsibility of the People to repair or replace it. We shouldn't change government lightly, for when we do, people suffer. Therefore, it's important that whatever form of governing process we agree on, we build it well. When however through ANY actions this governing body we create, seeks to reduce our civil liberties, or reduce our ability to self govern, it's not only our right, it's our civic obligation within any real Republic to amend or throw off such governments, and provide a new governing body that supports civil liberties for all, now, and for future generations. To enjoy civil liberties, our participation in maintaining their security lands squarely on us, those who live under them.
Taken from Google Translations

(07-02-2014 05:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  Could you please name some of those people(groups)?

Oh I'm sure I could make a huge a list, but it wouldn't change anything. It's not about specific people, it's about the general public's lack of knowledge of their own country and patriotic duties as a citizen. All those lying politicians who misquote, bend, misinterpret and purposely lie about it to gain votes.
This is what makes me sick, people that believe what they don't know and blindly follow any self-proclaimed "sheperd" to their own deaths.
This is what embarrasses me.
It's not the founding principles of America, nor the country itself. It is the corrupt government and corporations combined with willfully ignorant American citizens.

Now Alla, have made myself clear?

Very clear. Thanks.
Who do you blame the most in the government now? What would you like to change the most?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
08-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Alla, how old are you?