"In God We Trust" Over Courthouse Doors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2016, 06:42 PM
"In God We Trust" Over Courthouse Doors
I haven't gone into the Courthouse since they put "In God We Trust" over the doors. I literally get angry when I drive by. Looks like a church.Censored

Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negativity...Kiss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: "In God We Trust" Over Courthouse Doors
That is a very strange second post. Tongue.

That's cool, as long as you aren't legally required to go in for some reason. Then that's a poor excuse. I haven't been in a courthouse ever except maybe 20 years ago with my mom who is a lawyer.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
27-01-2016, 07:03 PM
(27-01-2016 06:42 PM)jeepgirl Wrote:  I haven't gone into the Courthouse since they put "In God We Trust" over the doors. I literally get angry when I drive by. Looks like a church.Censored

What courthouse?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2016, 07:13 PM
(27-01-2016 06:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  That is a very strange second post. Tongue.

That's cool, as long as you aren't legally required to go in for some reason. Then that's a poor excuse. I haven't been in a courthouse ever except maybe 20 years ago with my mom who is a lawyer.

Guess I was just jumping right in there with how I felt about living in a town that thinks we all believe in the same God...didn't realize there was a protocol on how many posts I make before sharing views. Don't think I would break any laws to avoid entering. Just think it is ridiculous.

27-01-2016, 07:13 PM
(27-01-2016 07:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 06:42 PM)jeepgirl Wrote:  I haven't gone into the Courthouse since they put "In God We Trust" over the doors. I literally get angry when I drive by. Looks like a church.Censored

What courthouse?

Small town called Clinton in TN

27-01-2016, 07:25 PM
It's okay. There are no protocols. Talk about whatever you want. You just can't post nudity. So if you posted a pic of you driving by the courthouse naked as you flipped them the finger--that would be a problem. Hobo Laugh out load
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
27-01-2016, 07:31 PM
(27-01-2016 07:25 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It's okay. There are no protocols. Talk about whatever you want. You just can't post nudity. So if you posted a pic of you driving by the courthouse naked as you flipped them the finger--that would be a problem. Hobo Laugh out load

Damn, that was my next post...Banana_zorro

[+] 8 users Like jeepgirl's post
27-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Some rules are not enforced too strenuously, though.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
27-01-2016, 07:56 PM
(27-01-2016 07:13 PM)jeepgirl Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 07:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  What courthouse?

Small town called Clinton in TN

Ugh....moving to bumfuck backwoods TN very soon...bought a home there last Nov.....bible belt will strangle me Shocking

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
27-01-2016, 08:32 PM
(27-01-2016 07:13 PM)jeepgirl Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 06:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  That is a very strange second post. Tongue.

Guess I was just jumping right in there with how I felt about living in a town that thinks we all believe in the same God...didn't realize there was a protocol on how many posts I make before sharing views. Don't think I would break any laws to avoid entering. Just think it is ridiculous.
Haha, no there is no requirement. I just tend to imagine internet interactions like in-person interactions. It was just very familiar--and specific. Unexpected from a brand newcomer (based on observing this site for years). Don't mind me, I'm useless. Believe me haha.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.