In God's Image
(02-04-2016 09:17 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: giphy.gif]

I want to worship this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: In God's Image
(24-04-2016 05:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 07:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  So, an eternal being needed a navel to eat in a womb???

Bwahahahaha you're too much!

GIVE. IT. UP. Dodgy
An eternal being (mortal man) can become God one day. So, this God to be was in a womb once and had it all his mortal life. In the resurrection this man(God to be) will have this navel.
Why? Hmm, I may assume that as a reminder that Gods were mortal men once who lived in a womb.
The same I can say about nipples and other organs. Some of these organs may be something that doesn't make sense and useless but who knows, may be IMMORTAL RESURRECTED men need them for the purposes that unknown to us now.

Jesus Christ Who is God and Creator of this world was a mortal man once and He had navel. When He resurrected His immortal body had everything His mortal body had except one thing - BLOOD. There is no blood in immortal beings.
But don't tell me that LDS Doctrine doesn't teach this. It would be false.

How about God the Father? Does He have navel? You know, they say:"Like Father like Son". Don't they say this?
If Jesus was mortal and actually in his mother's womb, he would need a umbilical cord.

There's also no claim like mam with creation of Adam that Jesus also was made in God's image. Zeus's children don't often have to resemble him as a god image.

Also suddenly immortal beings have no blood. What's this arbitrary distinction from? Why do they have any physical form at all then

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-04-2016, 06:49 PM
ClydeLee Wrote:If Jesus was mortal and actually in his mother's womb, he would need a umbilical cord.
Yes. What is your point?
ClydeLee Wrote:There's also no claim like mam with creation of Adam that Jesus also was made in God's image
Jesus is God in whose image Adam was created. Jesus created Adam's body.
Jesus also claimed that He was express image of His God and His Father. Jesus was also descendent of Adam.
[quote="ClydeLee"]
Also suddenly immortal beings have no blood. What's this arbitrary distinction from? Why do they have any physical form at all then
Not suddenly. For all eternity immortal beings have no blood. Any being that has blood is 100% mortal.
Immortal beings have spirit instead of blood in their veins.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
24-04-2016, 06:58 PM
So where did the very first god come from?
24-04-2016, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 07:36 PM by ClydeLee.)
(24-04-2016 06:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  Not suddenly. For all eternity immortal beings have no blood. Any being that has blood is 100% mortal.
Immortal beings have spirit instead of blood in their veins.
Jesus isn't god they're seperate gods.

Who tells you these rambling things you state as facts?

24-04-2016, 07:32 PM
(24-04-2016 06:58 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  So where did the very first god come from?
may be there is no such thing as the very first god or the very last god.
ETERNITY
INFINITY
can we(mortal imperfect men) comprehend eternal or infinite things?

24-04-2016, 07:36 PM
(24-04-2016 07:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 06:58 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  So where did the very first god come from?
ETERNITY
INFINITY

you just did it...

What kind of question is that... like I've said before, the sad part is how little you give yourself credit, how you seem to denigrate your own accomplishments and self and other humans while thinking you're doing the opposite. But you attributing these lesser elements to what actually is capable and done already by yourself and humans is something you should be able to reflect on. How you feel about it is up to you but you should be well more aware of it.

24-04-2016, 07:57 PM
(24-04-2016 07:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
ETERNITY
INFINITY

So that would mean that god didn't create the universe, right?

Whoops, sorry. I meant "a god", since you believe in multiple gods, apparently.
24-04-2016, 08:35 PM
If we assume that the Universe is absolutely all infinite space and absolutely everything in it than the answer is "no".
If the Universe is just a part(many worlds) of infinite space then the answer is "yes"

24-04-2016, 08:43 PM
(24-04-2016 07:36 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 07:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  may be there is no such thing as the very first god or the very last god.
ETERNITY
INFINITY

you just did it...

What kind of question is that... like I've said before, the sad part is how little you give yourself credit, how you seem to denigrate your own accomplishments and self and other humans while thinking you're doing the opposite. But you attributing these lesser elements to what actually is capable and done already by yourself and humans is something you should be able to reflect on. How you feel about it is up to you but you should be well more aware of it.
I can not comprehend space without limits. I can not comprehend worlds without number.
I can not comprehend "there is no such thing as first god". I only believe that there is no such thing as the very first god. I only believe that there are worlds without number.
God Yahweh is only a link in the ETERNAL chain of Gods. That is why Yahweh is Eternal God. His body is organized from eternal elements so does my body. I can say that I am eternal and every human being is eternal. We are organized from eternal elements. We belong to eternal family. This is what LDS Doctrine teaches. This is what Joseph Smith taught and I believe this Doctrine.
I don't find this Doctrine stupid or ridiculous or of 9th grade level.