In God's Image

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 11:18 PM
RE: In God's Image
Good questions.
1)So, supposedly you are a spirit. You (a spirit) have physical body.
2)Supposedly, God is a Spirit.
3)Supposedly, you are organized in His image.
So, if you are a spirit in physical body and you are organized in God's image, can I assume that God is also a Spirit in physical body?

Why can't we control our spirit? Incorrect question. Correct question: why can't my spirit sometimes control my physical body? sometimes I(a spirit) can control my body. But God(a Spirit) can control His body all the time.
The answer: we(spirits/mortal men) only learn to be like God. We makes mistakes. We have temptations because we have mortal imperfect flesh.
God has immortal, perfect physical body and He already LEARNED what we didn't learn yet. He can control Himself easily.

CosmicRaven Wrote:Why would we be trapped in our physical bodies?
So, God(a Spirit) and us(spirits) have physical bodies. It is a BLESSING to have physical bodies. Without them we can not become like God. Without physical bodies we can not have experiences that only spirits with physical bodies can have.
If God was a Spirit withot physical body He would NOT be able to have His Son Jesus Christ and He wouldn't be able to have us(His children).
Spirits without physical bodies can not procreate, they can not enjoy delicious food, they can not smell a rose, they can not feel hug and kiss (heavenly things in my opinion)

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2016, 02:27 AM
(quote='Alla' pid='985648' dateline='1461686624')
SYZ Wrote:Do you have any empirical evidence for this,
No. and your point is?

—Empirical evidence forms the basis of all factual claims. If you have no evidence to support your claims about your god, then it becomes merely personal opinion, and therefore worthless in any meaningful debate.

SYZ Wrote:or are you simply regurgitating what you've read in a 2,000-year-old collection of stories cobbled together by a disparate group of ill-educated desert nomads?
No, those books do NOT have this info. But more modern books have it. God doesn't change (according to Him), He spoke 2000 years ago, He speaks today.

—Again, this is nothing more than a bizarre personal opinion, or a guess even. Worthless as such.

SYZ Wrote:And what exactly do you mean when you say "Jesus is God"?
That He is God.

—Uh... this answer is without any logical meaning. It's obvious you can't even explain your own claims clearly LOL.

SYZ Wrote:Is it erroneous if I claim "SYZ is God"?
I don't know.

—It seems that there's a lot you don't know. A simple 'yes' or 'no' would suffice.

SYZ Wrote:can you be 100% certain that I'm not the Abrahamic god?
I don't remember anybody ever telling me this.

—Again, a very adept avoidance of a simple question. When you're pushed for answers, you invariably seem to lack any answers. So... does your non-answer mean you may be concerned I am your god?

SYZ Wrote:And if that's an affirmative, again, can you tell me how you know I'm not God?
Are you? If "yes" your point is?

—So you're admitting that you can't tell if I'm your god or not? Laughable.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-04-2016, 05:14 AM
(26-04-2016 11:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  Good questions.
So, if you are a spirit in physical body and you are organized in God's image, can I assume that God is also a Spirit in physical body?

Why can't we control our spirit? Incorrect question. Correct question: why can't my spirit sometimes control my physical body? sometimes I(a spirit) can control my body. But God(a Spirit) can control His body all the time.
The answer: we(spirits/mortal men) only learn to be like God. We makes mistakes. We have temptations because we have mortal imperfect flesh.
God has immortal, perfect physical body and He already LEARNED what we didn't learn yet. He can control Himself easily.

CosmicRaven Wrote:Why would we be trapped in our physical bodies?
So, God(a Spirit) and us(spirits) have physical bodies. It is a BLESSING to have physical bodies. Without them we can not become like God. Without physical bodies we can not have experiences that only spirits with physical bodies can have.
If God was a Spirit withot physical body He would NOT be able to have His Son Jesus Christ and He wouldn't be able to have us(His children).
Spirits without physical bodies can not procreate, they can not enjoy delicious food, they can not smell a rose, they can not feel hug and kiss (heavenly things in my opinion)

This is according to Mormon beliefs though. Does the Bible even say that the father has a physical body. I know it says that "God is spirit."

I never said it's bad to have a physical body. I was just wondering why we can't control our 'spirits' if we do have them. I'm thinking of then as being separate from out physical bodies.

If God had to have a physical body to have sex with Mary, wouldn't that make him not omnipotent? Also, wouldn't that also make her not a virgin? Wouldn't this also be sex outside of marriage? I may be misunderstanding what your saying.

I don't recall anything in the Bible saying that God 'had' us.

I wouldn't know what a spirit can and can't do. What a spirit even is is kind of vague to me.
27-04-2016, 08:32 AM
SYZ Wrote:
Alla Wrote:No. and your point is?
—Empirical evidence forms the basis of all factual claims. If you have no evidence to support your claims about your god, then it becomes merely personal opinion, and therefore worthless in any meaningful debate.
I agree.
SYZ Wrote:—It seems that there's a lot you don't know. A simple 'yes' or 'no' would suffice.
True, very true. I don't even know what I don't know.
I can not say "yes" or "no" to your question when I don't know which answer is correct.
SYZ Wrote:So... does your non-answer mean you may be concerned I am your god?
No, not concerned. I don't know you ever claimed that you are God. So, why would I be concerned?

P.S. Jesus is Creator of heaven and earth. He is God of Israel. He is Savior of humanity.

27-04-2016, 09:05 AM
CosmicRaven Wrote:This is according to Mormon beliefs though. Does the Bible even say that the father has a physical body. I know it says that "God is spirit."
The Bible says that Adam was created in God's image. Adam had physical body according to the Bible. Is it reasonable to say that God also has physical body?
The Bible says that God has face, feet, hands. Is it reasonable to say that God has body?

Yes, God is a spirit according to the Bible but does the Bible say that spirit can not live inside of the physical body?
CosmicRaven Wrote:I was just wondering why we can't control our 'spirits' if we do have them
It is not correct to say "we can not control our spirits". Correct to say "I, spirit, sometimes can not control my physical body." Why? Because I am not perfect yet.
CosmicRaven Wrote:If God had to have a physical body to have sex with Mary, wouldn't that make him not omnipotent?
I didn't say that God has physical body to have sex with humans. God could place His seed in Maries body some other way, without having sex with her.
CosmicRaven Wrote:I wouldn't know what a spirit can and can't do. What a spirit even is is kind of vague to me.
If you believe that you are spirit who lives in your mortal physical body then you know some things you(spirit) can do and some things you(spirit) can not do.
CosmicRaven Wrote:I don't recall anything in the Bible saying that God 'had' us.
In Jer 1:5 God says: I knew you before I formed you in the belly.
In other words God says that before physical body is formed He already knows the one who is going to live in this body. God already knew me(spirit) before my physical body was formed in my mom's belly.
The Bible also says that we are offspring of God. How are we His offspring?

27-04-2016, 12:47 PM

Are you sure the LDS is not Buddhist influenced? 'Cause that sounds a lot like Buddhism.

#sigh
27-04-2016, 12:55 PM
(27-04-2016 12:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Are you sure the LDS is not Buddhist influenced? 'Cause that sounds a lot like Buddhism.

As it sprung out of religious ideas around the same time and areas as Transcendentalist spiritual ideas did, its not surprising they share ground. That mid to late 19th century era had lots of incoming eastern philosophy/spiritualism from arabic, indian, and eastern asian regions. So they began to alter the common christian ideals with those eastern ideas then. LDS is connected to that.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
27-04-2016, 01:01 PM
(27-04-2016 12:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

It seems to me more like chucksterism. Mormons want to be like Chuck Norris but all of them will fall short. Nobody can match Chuck Norris power.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post
27-04-2016, 01:22 PM
(27-04-2016 01:01 PM)Leo Wrote:  It seems to me more like chucksterism. Mormons want to be like Chuck Norris but all of them will fall short. Nobody can match Chuck Norris power.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-04-2016, 01:40 PM
(28-03-2016 03:39 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Every once and awhile during a debate with a Christian I bring up how the Bible says Adam was made in God's image. What does this mean? It wouldn't make any sense for God to have a mouth for example, he doesn't need one to eat or speak, he doesn't need eyes to see or ears to hear, being an incorporeal all knowing being and immortal it wouldn't make sense for God to have any of the physical traits of a man.

Usually once they realize the impossibility and the silliness of a God looking like a hairless upright primate they say "No, it's not his actual image but his characteristics, like his morality, intelligence, etc." but, even that interpretation is not right, we don't have nearly the amount of intelligence God has, the story of Genesis makes it very clear that God is not like the ignorant, easily tempted, emotionally weak being that Adam is. The Bible states several times when God does something truly awful that it's ok, God can do that but humans can't, we are not on the same level in any way. Is it the the idea that we have a "soul" and so does God? Ok who gave him his soul? Is it a gift only for humans and why are our souls so easily corruptible to the point where it can be damned forever? if God gave it to us and it's his "image" of a soul, shouldn't it be perfect because he's perfect?

We aren't the only self-aware intelligent animals after all, even Gorillas have been taught sign language and can understand death and morality, were they made in God's image as well? So...
When the Bible says we/men were created in God's "image" what does that mean?

It means we're not there either.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.