In God's Image

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2017, 09:28 AM
RE: In God's Image
(28-03-2016 03:39 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  When the Bible says we/men were created in God's "image" what does that mean?

It means they know man created God in our own image and they're trying to cover it up because it doesn't jibe with their devilish plans to take over the world.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-05-2017, 03:50 AM
(28-03-2016 03:39 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  When the Bible says we/men were created in God's "image" what does that mean?

It's an attempt to suggest human beings are special, and not animals [which we are] and thus can only look/act the way we do, because an almighty being tried to mold us into what he/she/it looks like.

As you've rightly suggested, an omnipotent being that creates the universe shouldn't really need eyes/mouth/hands etc, so are we really in their image or not? Plus you'd have to take into consideration the earth environment, like did we get created in it's image....but then they added bunchs of stuff on?

"Ok and done...oh wait, they'll need eyes to see. And hands for climbing away from dangerous things. The last lot died as they don't create energy like I do...best give them a mouth to supplement their bodily energy's. Oh wait, now I'll have to create a digestive system for the food...hand on a tick..."

*several hours later*

"...annnnd....DONE. Finally, totally 100% in my image, besides all the add on's. Hmm, actually this isn't working out the way I thought it would at all...screw it, I'm going home."

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
02-05-2017, 04:06 AM

To me, it means that if there was a god and he created us in his image he fucked up royally.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
02-05-2017, 04:58 AM
(02-05-2017 03:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  

It's an attempt to suggest human beings are special, and not animals [which we are] and thus can only look/act the way we do, because an almighty being tried to mold us into what he/she/it looks like.

As you've rightly suggested, an omnipotent being that creates the universe shouldn't really need eyes/mouth/hands etc, so are we really in their image or not? Plus you'd have to take into consideration the earth environment, like did we get created in it's image....but then they added bunchs of stuff on?

"Ok and done...oh wait, they'll need eyes to see. And hands for climbing away from dangerous things. The last lot died as they don't create energy like I do...best give them a mouth to supplement their bodily energy's. Oh wait, now I'll have to create a digestive system for the food...hand on a tick..."

*several hours later*

"...annnnd....DONE. Finally, totally 100% in my image, besides all the add on's. Hmm, actually this isn't working out the way I thought it would at all...screw it, I'm going home."

You're taking it too literally. "In his image" means "Nothing like him at all" Tongue

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post