In Uncharted Lands with Alla
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 09:11 PM
In Uncharted Lands with Alla
Hi Alla,

Thank you for being volonteer for this interview (to other readers, she accepted my invitation via privae message). Has an individual, I don't think we could be any more different. So I really look foward to your answers and see if I can truly put myself in someone else shoe. Let's not waste anymore time in introduction and attack the subject.

1) What is the name of your religion?

2) Since when do you claim to belong to that religionÉ

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
13-12-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: In Uncharted Lands with Alla
Hi epronovost, thank you for inviting me.

1)LDS
2)since 2003

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what does LDS stand for exactly (I suspect its Later Days Saints)?

Do you consider yourself to be part of a subsect of that religious group?

Since you consider yourself to be part of the LDS since 2003, did you consider yourself to be part of another religious group (or groups) before that and if so which one(s)?

13-12-2015, 09:45 PM
1) Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
2) I am member of this Church
3) Not really. I visited some Christian churches because I was invited. But in 2003 I suddenly started to have a desire to go to Church every Sunday with my family. I was not sure which one I should go. I started to attend Catholic church near by. Just to fulfil my desire. About 4 weeks later LDS Missionaries knocked on my door.

13-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Why did you started to have a desire to go to church every Sunday? That seems like an odd urge, where you raised in a religious family and wanted to emulate your parents in a certain fashion?

13-12-2015, 10:04 PM
I was raised an atheist. I was an atheist till I was 19 years old.
But then something happened and I was convinced in one moment that Christ is real. From that time I wanted to know which Christian church teaches true religion. I was thinking, thinking and realized that I will never find out. I didn't care about any religions. I never read the Bible. I mean I tried but it was like Chinese grammar for me. I didn't understand it and that is why it was too boring.
I lived my not very simple life but suddenly in 2013 I wanted to go to Church. I was convinced God is real but I wanted to be more close to Him.
LDS missionaries visited me.

13-12-2015, 10:21 PM
1) Since you were raised as an atheist, where did you learn who Christ was and stood for before your religious epiphany (since English isn't your first language an epiphany is a moment of sudden realisation and clarity. It's mostly used to talk about sudden scientifical, philosophical and religious discovery/experience)?

13-12-2015, 10:36 PM
I heard that Christ was Son of God and that He was crucified. I knew that Orthodox Christians believe in Christ. I also heard words "Trinity" and "God, Son and the Holy Ghost." I knew that Christians baptize babies in Church. I didn't know anything else about Christ or God.
I heard from someone that Christ is Son of God. May be from some old women who believed in God. I really have no memory of that. I didn't care about God because I knew that there was no God.
I knew that religion is opium for the people and only old uneducated people would believe in silly fairy tails.
P.S. thanks for explaining to me word "epiphany".

14-12-2015, 08:16 AM
So if I understand you correctly, all that you knew about Christ before your conversion came from your cultural background which thought you the basis of the Christian mythologie without you having to really to dig into it.

1) How would you describe your epiphany? (Was it in 2003 or 2013? You mentionned you were 19 years old at the time, but in post #4 you said the date was 2003 and in post #6 you mentionned the date was 2013)

2) What didn't you liked in the Catholic Church you attended for the few months before missionnary came knocking at your door?

3) What do you rember the most about the missonnaries that converted you?

14-12-2015, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2015 09:59 AM by Alla.)
epronovost Wrote:So if I understand you correctly, all that you knew about Christ before your conversion came from your cultural background which thought you the basis of the Christian mythologie without you having to really to dig into it.
1) How would you describe your epiphany? (Was it in 2003 or 2013? You mentionned you were 19 years old at the time, but in post #4 you said the date was 2003 and in post #6 you mentionned the date was 2013)
I am sorry. 2013 was a mistake. I had to type 2003.
So, I became a believer in Christ when I was 19 and when I was an atheist. Later in 2003 I had desire to be more close to God and spend time in Church on Sundays.
epronovost Wrote:2) What didn't you liked in the Catholic Church you attended for the few months before missionary came knocking at your door?
There was nothing I didn't like in the Catholic Church while I was attending it for about 4 weeks. Opposite, there was something that I liked. I liked when they prayed together. I was planning to continue to visit Catholic Church but LDS missionaries knocked on my door.
epronovost Wrote:3) What do you rember the most about the missonnaries that converted you?
3)Things that I remember the most were these: young men, basically kids, were teaching me things that I never heard before. I remember I was thinking: what makes this kids to do what they do instead of enjoying life in full, like for example, dating girls, watching movies, go to the beach or whatever.
And I know now that for some reason they told me things that usually missionaries do not tell to investigators right away. But they told me. And those things were exactly what I needed to hear to have a desire to learn more. Those things impressed me the most.
Oh, and missionaries didn't convert me. No man can/could convert me.

Thread Closed