In Which The Forum Helps Pops With Critical Thinking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Ask some questions about evolution here.
(05-10-2015 07:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 06:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Was that a question about evolution?

Lemme help you by rephrasing.

Repeat after me:

"How can someone, who is not an expert in a given field, tell the difference between contentious evidence that has been ignored by people who don't want their pet theories to be undermined vs. evidence that has been thoroughly investigated and dismissed (for whatever reason)?"

That, is a reasonable question.
You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand that head trauma could cause problems with cognitive function. Similarly, you don't have to be a nuclear physicist to learn that curtain things are generally only caused by nuclear reactions. You don't have to be an archeological paleontologist to understand that artifacts, bones, and impressions logically made by humans within sedimentary dated prior to the conventional knowledge of man's arrival definitely tell a different story than that commonly known. You act as if professionals of their fields didn't happen across these findings, but that some ignoramus did. There are any number of reasons that these things could be kept from the limelight. Greed and bribery being partial reason in itself.

Then how does one tell whether something is conspiratorial/covered up or evidence backed with consistent results?

If you say common sense then I know you're just a completely generic fool who has overhyped confidence that "I" (as in you) have that leg above the negative outsiders from my perspective.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 07:19 PM
(05-10-2015 07:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
You act as if ...

You act as if you missed my point.

Facepalm

05-10-2015, 07:21 PM
(05-10-2015 07:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 06:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Was that a question about evolution?

Lemme help you by rephrasing.

Repeat after me:

"How can someone, who is not an expert in a given field, tell the difference between contentious evidence that has been ignored by people who don't want their pet theories to be undermined vs. evidence that has been thoroughly investigated and dismissed (for whatever reason)?"

That, is a reasonable question.
You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand that head trauma could cause problems with cognitive function. Similarly, you don't have to be a nuclear physicist to learn that curtain things are generally only caused by nuclear reactions. You don't have to be an archeological paleontologist to understand that artifacts, bones, and impressions logically made by humans within sedimentary dated prior to the conventional knowledge of man's arrival definitely tell a different story than that commonly known. You act as if professionals of their fields didn't happen across these findings, but that some ignoramus did. There are any number of reasons that these things could be kept from the limelight. Greed and bribery being partial reason in itself.

It's true, you don't have to be an expert in the field of neurophysiology to know that boo-boos to the head can confuse.
As to how it actually works, I think you may need instruction, but the basic facts, sure; any idiot can tell that that hitting your head can disorient.

For much the same reason, sure any idiot can go 'Well gee Billy-Bob these dun look like people tracks, and thems right next to them di-no-sores footmarks. That ain't right!'
It takes somebody who knows that their doing to be able to look at them and go 'Wait, that isn't right. And here's why...'

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
05-10-2015, 07:22 PM
(05-10-2015 07:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 07:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand that head trauma could cause problems with cognitive function. Similarly, you don't have to be a nuclear physicist to learn that curtain things are generally only caused by nuclear reactions. You don't have to be an archeological paleontologist to understand that artifacts, bones, and impressions logically made by humans within sedimentary dated prior to the conventional knowledge of man's arrival definitely tell a different story than that commonly known. You act as if professionals of their fields didn't happen across these findings, but that some ignoramus did. There are any number of reasons that these things could be kept from the limelight. Greed and bribery being partial reason in itself.

Then how does one tell whether something is conspiratorial/covered up or evidence backed with consistent results?

If you say common sense then I know you're just a completely generic fool who has overhyped confidence that "I" (as in you) have that leg above the negative outsiders from my perspective.
All the things would already be sparse. So claiming conspiracy would of course just look like a conspiracy theory. Technically I don't know any of this for fact I didn't find any of these things. That does not mean that someone else didn't. Independent non-biased research coupled with complete translucency of all media and governing agencies would prove or disprove these miniscule findings quite easily in my opinion.
05-10-2015, 07:23 PM
(05-10-2015 07:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 07:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand that head trauma could cause problems with cognitive function. Similarly, you don't have to be a nuclear physicist to learn that curtain things are generally only caused by nuclear reactions. You don't have to be an archeological paleontologist to understand that artifacts, bones, and impressions logically made by humans within sedimentary dated prior to the conventional knowledge of man's arrival definitely tell a different story than that commonly known. You act as if professionals of their fields didn't happen across these findings, but that some ignoramus did. There are any number of reasons that these things could be kept from the limelight. Greed and bribery being partial reason in itself.

It's true, you don't have to be an expert in the field of neurophysiology to know that boo-boos to the head can confuse.
As to how it actually works, I think you may need instruction, but the basic facts, sure; any idiot can tell that that hitting your head can disorient.

For much the same reason, sure any idiot can go 'Well gee Billy-Bob these dun look like people tracks, and thems right next to them di-no-sores footmarks. That ain't right!'
It takes somebody who knows that their doing to be able to look at them and go 'Wait, that isn't right. And here's why...'
No s*** so what were the scientists reasons for disclaiming or discrediting these findings?
05-10-2015, 07:23 PM
(05-10-2015 06:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 06:53 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hug

Some one's questions are kind of getting out of hand?

Perhaps said line can be split off and people can continue to inform Pops about things separately?

It's Zeke's thread and I'll split it if he wants me to.

I'd like to see if Pops can work it out for himself.

Watching...

yes please but where pops started.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-10-2015, 07:24 PM
How many of you actually went to that website and reviewed some of the things that were on there?
05-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Oh wait, that's right, I'm not supposed to ask questions here.
05-10-2015, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 07:48 PM by DLJ.)
(05-10-2015 07:23 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 06:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  It's Zeke's thread and I'll split it if he wants me to.

I'd like to see if Pops can work it out for himself.

Watching...

yes please but where pops started.

OK. Gonna hafta dun close it for a few mins.

Patience sayeth the lord.

"Yes", said Patience. "What have I done now?"

Thread split

Original thread here

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-10-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: In Which The Forum Helps Pops With Critical Thinking
(05-10-2015 07:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 07:23 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  yes please but where pops started.

OK. Gonna hafta dun close it for a few mins.

Patience sayeth the lord.

"Yes", said Patience. "What have I done now?"

Thread split

Original thread here

Thanks Deej. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user