In-and-out burger.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: In-and-out burger.
(14-05-2015 11:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  There's also a retail store chain that puts john 3:16 on bags. I wanna say forever 21...but not sure because I never shopped there.

Yea, it's Forever 21. I discovered the verse on one of my shopping bags one day. Thought it was weird considering how a lot of what they sell doesn't exactly scream modesty. Rolleyes

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kristenkjordan's post
14-05-2015, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2015 06:30 AM by Dunkleweizen.)
That place is awesome. Best fast food ever,,,only that gay bashing chicken place is close (yes, it does taste good even though I did avoid it for years).
14-05-2015, 10:32 PM
I only said I don't like it because everyone else said that.
It's really fucking exquisite! Thumbsup
15-05-2015, 10:41 AM
I've never been much of a fan of burgers but In n Out is pretty decent IMO. Yeah it's a limited menu but the prices are reasonable and it's not THAT slow, considering all the traffic they get. I'd say their drive thru lanes moves about twice as fast as any other fast food joint. They make a point of using fresh ingredients, like the veggies and lettuce are always crisp.

I'm not sure where this greasy complaint is coming from, they are drippy, and they're wrapped in paper I think to prevent the drip from getting all over you, but this is generally from the thousand-island-like sauce they use (mayo/ketchup blend), not the grease of the burger itself. The fries are fresh and tasty too, not too greasy at all, unlike.... other options. My only complaint really (food-wise) is that they don't have Ranch dressing for the fries... not much of a ketchup fan myself.

Finally, they are religious and the quotes are there, but not in your face. It's never bothered me, and I've always been an atheist. They also don't discriminate against gay people as far as I know, unlike Chick Filet, who put a lot of their profits into anti-gay causes. I actually feel guilty eating at Chick Filet, not so at In n Out. Unfortunately it's just a fact of life that most people in the US are religious, so I just deal. Food is food, and when it's quick, cheap, and fresh, I can't complain too much.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
15-05-2015, 11:34 AM
(15-05-2015 10:41 AM)MustangManda Wrote:  I'd say their drive thru lanes moves about twice as fast as any other fast food joint.

Your experience and mine are diametrically opposed. In my experience they have the slowest drive-thru lanes by far. The counter service is also slow, especially considering the limited menu, but nowhere near as bad as the drive-thru (and I've been to multiple locations over the years and never had fast service).

Quote:Finally, they are religious and the quotes are there, but not in your face. It's never bothered me, and I've always been an atheist.

Somehow, the way the verses are hidden actually bothers me more. It is like they are trying to get away with something by pushing bible verses on their customers without letting them know. Maybe they expect their magic sky daddy to see us drinking from a cup with a hidden verse and work some magic to make us believers or maybe they just think it is somehow good for us to be exposed to religion without our knowledge. Whatever the reason, it is pretty creepy when you first see them.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
15-05-2015, 11:55 AM
(15-05-2015 11:34 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-05-2015 10:41 AM)MustangManda Wrote:  I'd say their drive thru lanes moves about twice as fast as any other fast food joint.

Your experience and mine are diametrically opposed. In my experience they have the slowest drive-thru lanes by far. The counter service is also slow, especially considering the limited menu, but nowhere near as bad as the drive-thru (and I've been to multiple locations over the years and never had fast service).

Quote:Finally, they are religious and the quotes are there, but not in your face. It's never bothered me, and I've always been an atheist.

Somehow, the way the verses are hidden actually bothers me more. It is like they are trying to get away with something by pushing bible verses on their customers without letting them know. Maybe they expect their magic sky daddy to see us drinking from a cup with a hidden verse and work some magic to make us believers or maybe they just think it is somehow good for us to be exposed to religion without our knowledge. Whatever the reason, it is pretty creepy when you first see them.

I've certainly encountered slow ones, and counter service tends to be a bit slower, but the drivethru usually does about 1 car per 30 seconds at most, even when the line is 10-15 cars long. It varies a bit by location though, plus you always risk some asshole ordering for like 10 people and holding up the line.

I could see the subliminal attempt being a bit creepy, never really thought about it that way, since they're not overtly religious in any other way. If the quotes were in big print all over the restaurant I would be much more disturbed. No

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
15-05-2015, 12:28 PM
(15-05-2015 11:55 AM)MustangManda Wrote:  I've certainly encountered slow ones, and counter service tends to be a bit slower, but the drivethru usually does about 1 car per 30 seconds at most, even when the line is 10-15 cars long. It varies a bit by location though, plus you always risk some asshole ordering for like 10 people and holding up the line.

I've never timed it but if I had to guess I'd say more like 3 minutes per car.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP