In memory and what are you listening to...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2015, 10:15 PM
In memory and what are you listening to...
An old friend from my high school days died of a heart attack at his desk last Saturday. He was one of the smartest people I have ever known. He was best friend to a high school boyfriend of mine who I am still friends with. The old boyfriend and I were talking about Randy last night on Facebook.

My first memory of him was of he and the boyfriend playing Dueling Banjos in my parents' back yard. Both of the guys played multiple musical instruments and played in bands of various lineups from the time they were midway through high school. He was also a really nice guy. Recently he was living in Hawaii making a living as a dentist and playing music in various clubs.

I told the old boyfriend that my worst memory of Randy was the day that I went with them to Dubuque to take the ACT. They were both amazingly smart and I was worried that I would be handed a box of crayons to take the test with.

Anyway, I have been checking out Youtube videos of him and remembering him fondly. The female voice in this video is that of one of his older sisters...the whole family was pretty musically inclined.

So...

Here comes the sun, Randy...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
20-03-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: In memory and what are you listening to...
(20-03-2015 10:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  An old friend from my high school days died of a heart attack at his desk last Saturday. He was one of the smartest people I have ever known. He was best friend to a high school boyfriend of mine who I am still friends with. The old boyfriend and I were talking about Randy last night on Facebook.

My first memory of him was of he and the boyfriend playing Dueling Banjos in my parents' back yard. Both of the guys played multiple musical instruments and played in bands of various lineups from the time they were midway through high school. He was also a really nice guy. Recently he was living in Hawaii making a living as a dentist and playing music in various clubs.

I told the old boyfriend that my worst memory of Randy was the day that I went with them to Dubuque to take the ACT. They were both amazingly smart and I was worried that I would be handed a box of crayons to take the test with.

Anyway, I have been checking out Youtube videos of him and remembering him fondly. The female voice in this video is that of one of his older sisters...the whole family was pretty musically inclined.

So...

Here comes the sun, Randy...

So sorry for your loss Anj. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Sorry for your loss. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-03-2015, 06:40 AM
Hug

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-03-2015, 12:20 PM
What a great tribute, Anj. Sounds like a great guy that will be missed by a lot of people Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
21-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Wow, Anj ... thank you for sharing Randy's love of music with us. That voice will be missed ... in so many ways.
Hawaii... damn ... lucky bastard. Shy He clearly seems to have been content with life.
It's too bad this friend can only be a memory now - sorry for your loss, Anj. Hug He seemed way too young to be gone.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-03-2015, 03:22 PM
I'm sorry, Anj!
[Image: smiley-hug013.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
22-03-2015, 04:49 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend Anjele. Hug take care.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post