Poll: In need of advice regarding leaving or staying.
Stay.
Leave.
[Show Results]

In need of advice re' leaving or staying.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2017, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2017 04:54 PM by Banjo.)
In need of advice re' leaving or staying.
Hi guys.

The reason I am writing this has to do with my recent abandonment of the site. The speculation resulting from my disappearance caused concern.

My original decision involved the troll, Tomasia. His slander came at a time while I was suffering regular thoughts of suicide, I believe resulting from the massive chemical assault upon my body/brain which I endured over the period of 18 months of 256 chemo treatments, and the neurological damage sustained by the 19 months spent on a trial cancer drug. A drug known to cause neurological problems.

I do not believe I am psychologically damaged. I do feel very strong within myself and having fought what was an extremely deadly form of leukemia, after being told I had 8 weeks to live, am confident.

The damage to my brain has left me confused. In fact for around 4 hours last night I could barely keep a thought straight. I think it was reflected in my posts.

This site is inhabited by members I hold dear. Who supported me through much of my illness. Although the worst, the first 12 month stay in hospital, was a time I did not post.

So I am faced with a decision, and frankly do not fully trust my decision making skills at this time. This decision is based upon these factors.

1. The general freedom offered to trolls such as Tomasia endangers my life.
2. I am mostly alone. Not being mobile and suffering the after effects and shock of the disease.
3. I have friends here.
4. I have zero social life due to my health issues.
5. I am lonely.

The biggest concern, above points 2-5 is # 1. My life may be in danger.

So the question is this: Were you me, would you leave or stay?

BTW. This is not an attention seeking post. It is a serious post I have left in an unsafe area for people to speak their mind.

Should I stay or should I go now. If I stay there will be trouble, if I leave it will be double. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Banjo's post
15-03-2017, 04:53 PM
RE: In need of advice re' leaving or staying.
I think you should stay and block or iggie any members who are bothering you and just stay here and talk to your friends. Now that we know you were so hurt by another member's posts, we'll be extra diligent to have your back. I hope you stay *hugs* this place is not the same without you.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 13 users Like jennybee's post
15-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Put Tomasia on ignore and stay.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 16 users Like unfogged's post
15-03-2017, 04:56 PM
I think you should stay, Banjo. Like you said you have friends here and you have support here. Smile
I hope you stay too. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Larai19's post
15-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Dude, I want you to stay. That other dude's ideas are rubbish. You make me smile and laugh. And who will join me in all the orgies?!

It has now been decided you must stay.

All joking aside dude, I can't tell you what to do, but I hope you stay. I'll do my best to have your back! Shit like that happens where I can see it, you bet your ass I'll fucking call it out.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
15-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Definitely voted for stay mate, just put Tomasia on ignore.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-03-2017, 05:04 PM
Get out a set of scales.

Put Tomasia on one side and all the people you have bonded with on the other.

I really think the sheer number of people here who care (and worry) about you are much more important than one person who said something that hurt you.

On a more selfish note...I do worry about you. If you aren't posting I check to see if you are logging in. When I see that you are I exhale.

Most of us are far, far from you physically but there are many here who are right there cheering you on and wanting to hear what you have to say and want updates on how you are doing.

Of course, the decision has to be yours.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 14 users Like Anjele's post
15-03-2017, 05:15 PM
(15-03-2017 05:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Get out a set of scales.

Put Tomasia on one side and all the people you have bonded with on the other.

I really think the sheer number of people here who care (and worry) about you are much more important than one person who said something that hurt you.

On a more selfish note...I do worry about you. If you aren't posting I check to see if you are logging in. When I see that you are I exhale.

Most of us are far, far from you physically but there are many here who are right there cheering you on and wanting to hear what you have to say and want updates on how you are doing.

Of course, the decision has to be yours.

Heart

That scale would shift so quickly it would send Tomasia flying to space.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
15-03-2017, 05:21 PM
I'd agree with the others matey. Stay.

I always enjoy your comments—particularly your Aussie sense of piss-taking and dry wit (well, I would wouldn't I LOL). And I seriously think you offer a helluva lot more to the forum than your nemesis—whom I wouldn't miss if he left tomorrow to be honest.

—Cop you later. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
15-03-2017, 05:22 PM
I would stay. I am staying.

You illness is probably a lot worse than mine but I have suffered from something for years that robs me of balance, proper speech and thought on a regular basis.
Makes it difficult to participate in longer conversations or make eloquent points - which is frustrating.
Despite that I enjoyed the forum I migrated from. The good people were worth dealing with the trolls.

It's never better to be alone without friends, and these people clearly care about you.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 8 users Like M. Linoge's post