Poll: In need of advice regarding leaving or staying.
Stay.
Leave.
[Show Results]

In need of advice re' leaving or staying.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2017, 01:37 AM
RE: In need of advice re' leaving or staying.
Thanks guys.

As I said, I can no longer fully trust my decision making. You've been a great help. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
16-03-2017, 06:38 AM
Five pages of responses, pretty much all of them asking you to stay.

Count me in amongst the hordes that value your input here.

When trolls like Tomato, Celestial Wanker and the like show up spewing their feces all over the place, please bear in mind that their behaviour reflects 100% on them and 0% on you. That's what the ignore button is for.

Please stay.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
16-03-2017, 06:45 AM
I'm fairly new here, so my input probably isn't as valued as other members, but from what I've seen so far, you're a pretty cool dude Banjo! Keep posting away as I enjoy reading Smile

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
16-03-2017, 07:47 AM
(15-03-2017 04:51 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.

The reason I am writing this has to do with my recent abandonment of the site. The speculation resulting from my disappearance caused concern.

Hug

That's all you need to know. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-03-2017, 09:08 AM
You have to have a support network, Banjo. If that's online or if it's in person, it is necessary. Everyone needs a support network, but especially someone recovering from such heavy treatment such as yourself. Family, friends, therapists, etc. You need people in your life to check in on you, lift you up when you're down, give you strength, and help you through. Even if you're a loner by nature- it seems like it's necessary right now.

So, if you get that support by being here, stay here and be extra diligent about blocking people that are toxic for you. Ask your closest friends here to help you see when things are spiraling into toxicity. Maybe set a limit for yourself of how many posts you're willing to engage with someone for. If you're arguing about politics or religion, maybe promise yourself to stop after you've made 3-5 posts or something so that you don't find yourself becoming swallowed up by an argument that's going to keep eating at you or so that you don't let yourself become food for trolls.

Maybe also consider connecting with your closer friends from here on other platforms- give them your number, have text conversations, or message on FB messenger or whatever. Something so that there are other ways for people to get in touch with you to alert you to a convo that's spiraling into dangerous territory for you.

I'm trying to think of other suggestions- but it's important to be able to have ongoing conversations with some people that you check in with every few days or one a week or something so that you know someone is looking out for you. Because you're worth it, buddy.

So, I voted stay- but really, I voted that way because I want you to have a support network. If it's not here, and this place is too risky- then you need to leave. But if you leave, you better have a support network somewhere. That is critical.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
16-03-2017, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2017 09:36 AM by adey67.)
Banjo I like many others here have a special place for you in my heart, compare the number of people who respect, like, admire and even love you, with to the number of stinky trolls like Tomasia.
Stay for your own wellbeing, if you're lonely virtual friends are better than no friends. Put Tommy boy on ignore, if you like I'll start harassing the shit out of him who knows he might leave Big Grin ( mods please note that was just a joke)
But seriously although I don't believe in karma and all that shit, I do believe that if you give a troll like Tommy enough rope they'll hang themselves ; his asshole behaviour and attitude will catch up with him eventually.

So with Tommy fuckface on ignore you can continue to engage with all your friends and acquaintances here who love and care for you deeply.

Edit: I saw your concerns about him still being able to slander you with him being on your ignore list, while this is true, I will personally jump down his fucking throat if he tries any thing and your mates here all know whatever he says will be bullshit anyways so I say fuck him.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
16-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Dale my friend,
Sorry I am late coming into this thread, I have had problems myself lately and so haven't been around much lately.
I think you may have already decided to stay. This is your social life with a lot of friends who do care about you, respect you and wish you nothing but the best.

Would it be worth asking the mods if it is possible to have a private thread where only people who are invited by you can post? I suspect not but nothing to lose by asking. It will not help in the general threads that you post in but could give you a sanctuary away from the trolls.

As has been said by many people just ignore those trolls. Even if that means putting all members who you don't know on ignore.

If you need a virtual shoulder to cry on or someone to shout at you can PM me any time. I'm sure a lot of others will make the same offer. Don't feel alone, we have your wellbeing at heart.
Best wishes
Steve

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 2 users Like stevec's post
16-03-2017, 10:35 AM
I would just stay out of the more controversial parts of the forum. If your main reasons for coming here are the people then just chill in the off topic areas.

Also, like most everyone else has said, ignore Tomasia.
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
16-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Staying doesn't have to be total commitment. The mind always needs rest and a break from regular input.

The only thing I can advise, is to do right by your health and do not put so much pressure on yourself to do anything that may cause stress - be flexible. Commitments are not flexible.

Staying means we all have each other. Leaving still means we all have each other, just not quite as present or accessible.

Be healthy, Banjy. Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
16-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Don't deprive me of the pleasure of your company and wisdom because Tomatillo fucked up big time. You're one hell of an inspiration not only to me but to the whole goddam planet. Don't know what the idiot was thinking when he thought he could make a joke in the first place. Not only does he just suck at it he couldn't have picked a worse topic or a worse person. I think you should stay and continue to slap the fuck out of him every time you see one of his posts. I know I enjoy it.

P.S. You're looking good in Samir's latest viddie. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post