Poll: In need of advice regarding leaving or staying.
Stay.
Leave.
[Show Results]

In need of advice re' leaving or staying.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 04:42 PM
RE: In need of advice re' leaving or staying.
(18-03-2017 03:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 07:30 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm recommending to the mods this procedure for all the trolls on TTA Big Grin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist_chop

Impalement seems quite bad as well.

The mod's and admin' stay strictly within the rules of the site. These rules are in themselves troll friendly. It is the one thing I despise about this website.

Why is it troll friendly? I don't know. It may perhaps be that the hope of turning a troll/theist into an atheist exists.

I do not know. One must also understand that Seth has been an atheist for a very short period. As a result he lacks real experience. Therefore I see many of these rules as being naive in the extreme.

I have been told I have been given a LOT of leeway. Even though it is well known I have been severely ill since Day 1.

I am also a lifelong atheist. Unlike most here. I did not need to be converted because I was too smart at age 4 to fall for this stupid BS.

Were it not for the friends I have made, I would have dropped this place like a hot potato a LONG time ago.

I love many of the people here. However, I have serious issues with the site and administration.

Id have been offed ages ago if we had tougher laws mate, while I have every sympathy for your situation and believe me i have your back bud, I think the mods do a pretty good job and in some respects I like the fact I can shit on a trolls head without too much comeback. Some sites are so far up their own arse in terms of political correctness that they are a joke an almost banal parody of freedom of expression. Swings and roundabouts mate, swings and roundabouts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2017, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2017 06:01 PM by Banjo.)
RE: In need of advice re' leaving or staying.
(18-03-2017 04:42 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Id have been offed ages ago if we had tougher laws mate, while I have every sympathy for your situation and believe me i have your back bud, I think the mods do a pretty good job and in some respects I like the fact I can shit on a trolls head without too much comeback. Some sites are so far up their own arse in terms of political correctness that they are a joke an almost banal parody of freedom of expression. Swings and roundabouts mate, swings and roundabouts.

I am not criticising the mod's or admin. They follow the rules.

However, when trolls can slander and get off scot free, something is wrong.

What I must keep in mind that the show, The Thinking Atheist, is agenda driven. It exists to promote atheism. As a result theists are given a greater length of rope than usual.

I am not debating whether to leave the site due to Tomasia. Frankly, he is beneath me. I am considering it due to the seeming favouritism given to theists over atheists.

As an atheist, I feel unprotected here. But this is where my friends are. Hence this thread.

BTW. I was the one who voted, Leave.

(18-03-2017 03:16 PM)JesseB Wrote:  If I may, I kinda agree with you. I'm not a fan of Trolls regardless of which side the represent (or pretend to). That said it can be a bit challenging to both protect free speech and expression, foster and encourage an exchange of ideas on potentially flammable topics, while protecting effectively against trolls.

I think that's why the site rules are a bit troll friendly. Personally I wouldn't be opposed to them being slightly less accommodating of trolls, only because I'm far more interested in meaningful discourse but I wouldn't want it to become too restrictive, I think it would be hard for me to build a set of rules that could curtail things a little bit, while allowing the great freedom we have on this site.

One thing I do know though. I got your back. So do many people here. There's people here I think you can trust who like and care about you (I mean who else is gonna plan orgies with me!) Smile

We'll be happy to help keep you safe k. At least I know for sure I will be happy to do so.

Agreed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply