In regards to former Atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2015, 05:51 PM
RE: In regards to former Atheist.
(25-04-2015 05:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 05:46 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You have to welcome him into your stomach to truly know him.

I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner Tongue

Now you know Smile

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2015, 05:52 PM
DroolingDrooling
(25-04-2015 05:51 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 05:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner Tongue

Now you know Smile

pasta Drooling
25-04-2015, 06:00 PM
(25-04-2015 05:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  DroolingDrooling
(25-04-2015 05:51 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Now you know Smile

pasta Drooling

May he bless you with his noodly appendage Smile

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
25-04-2015, 06:22 PM
(25-04-2015 06:00 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 05:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  DroolingDrooling
pasta Drooling

May he bless you with his noodly appendage Smile

And to you as well Thumbsup btw I'm sorry my smileys are drooling on your head lol
25-04-2015, 06:49 PM
(25-04-2015 12:44 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I've have had a few discussion with people that say they used to be Atheists. Most of the time I find this hard to believe. The more I talk with them I feel that either they just don’t know what Atheist means. Or that they are simply say this because they want to make you think “Oh if he found god maybe he knows something I don’t. I should go back to believing.”

Has anyone had these feelings?

Has anyone ran into similar situations?

Or is there any Theists that are just that. A person that was a former Atheist. Maybe you could elaborate?

Everyone is an atheist at birth. The religious belief comes later. So all the theists are former atheists.

A period in life where a person doesn't go to church and/or has a wild and wooly time for a while doesn't make them an atheist.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Most theists don't even know what an atheist is, it's how you get all those strawmen of that we eat babies and are deceived by Satan or that we're in rebellion against god or some nonsensical argument.
So, they feel that is what they experience and call it atheism. Ignorance, that's all it is. Unless they are just making shit up which could also happen...get a book deal or some shit, and get back on their high horse and go public with it.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
25-04-2015, 07:33 PM
I think 'former atheists' just weren't very good atheists, that is to say they were atheist for the wrong reasons.
[+] 2 users Like Bad Wolf's post
25-04-2015, 07:42 PM
I don't think it's possible to go from atheist to theist.

People who claim to have done that either don't know what an atheist is or are just lying.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
26-04-2015, 05:01 AM
This sounds like a fallacy in the making. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-04-2015, 05:05 AM
(25-04-2015 07:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't think it's possible to go from atheist to theist.

People who claim to have done that either don't know what an atheist is or are just lying.
Maybe I was not true atheist but I was atleast apatheist. Everything changed after realization of my own mortality. Death is too scary to accept it.