In regards to former Atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 12:34 PM
RE: In regards to former Atheist.
(26-04-2015 12:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If it can disappear at any given moment, then since the odds of it happening at a moment in the next 100 years are next to nil
odds are anywhere between 0% and 100% because we know practically nothing about Universe
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 12:44 PM
(26-04-2015 12:34 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 12:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If it can disappear at any given moment, then since the odds of it happening at a moment in the next 100 years are next to nil
odds are anywhere between 0% and 100% because we know practically nothing about Universe

Odds are more likely that you know nothing about probability. Crawl back into your corner and resume the fetal position 'cause "OH NOZ. WE ALL GONNA DIE!"

[Image: The_End_is_Near_by_Amethystic.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-04-2015, 12:50 PM
(26-04-2015 12:34 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  

No, they are SOMEWHERE between 0 and 1. Not anywhere. Big difference.

The chance that the universe ends tomorrow is somewhere between 0 and 1. How about GirlyMan sets up an escrow account and you and I put in $10,000. If the world disappears tomorrow, you haven't actually lost anything because you (and I) won't be here. If it's "anywhere" as opposed to "somewhere", you'll consider this a fair bet.

Of course, you won't accept this bet because you basically know you're talking complete and utter bullshit.
26-04-2015, 02:26 PM
(25-04-2015 12:44 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I've have had a few discussion with people that say they used to be Atheists. Most of the time I find this hard to believe. The more I talk with them I feel that either they just don’t know what Atheist means. Or that they are simply say this because they want to make you think “Oh if he found god maybe he knows something I don’t. I should go back to believing.”

Has anyone had these feelings?

Has anyone ran into similar situations?

Or is there any Theists that are just that. A person that was a former Atheist. Maybe you could elaborate?

Isn't atheism just a lack of belief in God? If so, sure I'd say that I was an atheists for sometime in my early 20s.
26-04-2015, 03:05 PM
(26-04-2015 02:26 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Isn't atheism just a lack of belief in God? If so, sure I'd say that I was an atheists for sometime in my early 20s.

Jeez, with that degree of conviction, you get a 5th degree black belt in atheism. No need for 30 years training.

You actually have no idea about atheism, have you?

Are we still on for the $10,000 bet? I suggest the winner cuts GirlyMan $1000 + expenses. Sounds reasonable to be.
26-04-2015, 03:12 PM
(26-04-2015 02:26 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Isn't atheism just a lack of belief in God? If so, sure I'd say that I was an atheists for sometime in my early 20s.

Yup, that's the only qualification. I too used to be an atheist, but now ... well,
[Image: pogo_1.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-04-2015, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 03:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-04-2015 03:05 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  Are we still on for the $10,000 bet? I suggest the winner cuts GirlyMan $1000 + expenses. Sounds reasonable to be.

You're mistaking Tomasia for dimaniac. Tomasia just don't understand God properly, dude just ain't found his Gwynnies yet, dimaniac's just a morbid morose idiot. Big Grin

26-04-2015, 03:17 PM

Are you sure that religion didn't just take a backseat for a while? Or were you walking around shaking your head about what believers said?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-04-2015, 03:23 PM
(26-04-2015 03:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 03:05 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  Are we still on for the $10,000 bet? I suggest the winner cuts GirlyMan $1000 + expenses. Sounds reasonable to be.

You're mistaking Tomasia for dimaniac. Tomasia just don't understand God properly, dimaniac's just a morbid morose idiot. Big Grin

Sorry, Tomasia. I stuffed it up. No excuses. i stuffed it. My sincere apologies.

Thanks for pointing it out, GM.
[+] 1 user Likes jockmcdock's post
26-04-2015, 05:33 PM
(26-04-2015 03:23 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 03:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're mistaking Tomasia for dimaniac. Tomasia just don't understand God properly, dimaniac's just a morbid morose idiot. Big Grin

Sorry, Tomasia. I stuffed it up. No excuses. i stuffed it. My sincere apologies.

Thanks for pointing it out, GM.

Don't apologize to it. It feeds off weakness.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post