In the beginning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2014, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 03:13 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
RE: In the beginning
I love the different insane delusional life creation stories, the Pima life creation (Native American Indian tribe) is that the life creator was floating in nothingness, and got tired of floating so he wiped his hand across his sweaty chest and got a bit of sweaty dirt, rolled his fingers three times until it was a tiny ball of dirt and set it in space beneath him. Then he created ants and had the ants build a nest on the dirt ball bigger and bigger, but since it was taking so long he created bigger ants to build the dirt pile higher and faster, until it was big enough for him to sit on it and rest, an all was good and thus became the world. Lol

At work on my phone and thus is a condensed version of it, look it up, funny stuff

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2014, 08:23 AM
(07-11-2014 02:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 01:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  ...
A created human wouldn't look like a modern human at all. I couldn't begin to fathom what that would look like.

(07-11-2014 02:18 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  ...
Basically God creates Man and Woman out of dirt.

... in his own image.

Therefore:
[Image: pileofdirt.jpg]

Haha! Reminds me of Chet in Weird Science:

[Image: Fat-Toad-Chet-weird-science-6348446-450-334.jpg]

So if we were the focal point of creation, then why create all of the superfluous things like trees and animals? If we were created by a deity, why not have a creation that derives it's existence from god's spirit? Why should we require breathing, eating, drinking, and what's up with the child-bearing thing? Why not a ritual in which we offer dirt to a deity and then the deity shapes it into a fully grown adult?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-11-2014, 01:35 AM
in the beginning god said "let there be light" to himself like a loon
09-11-2014, 05:34 AM
Alla that stuff is just backstory to authenticate Moses. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user