In the beginning...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 11:07 AM
RE: In the beginning...
(16-08-2014 10:10 AM)Katyn Wrote:  Some Catholics like cafeterias...I prefer Mom and Pop cafes and theology by the book.

Although I really do miss American soda fountains....

Theology "by the book". Consider The question is who's "book".

Moral theologians (and your catechism) say "intention" is the crux of a moral decision. Then along comes Rome and says Natural Family Planning (where the intent is clearly to prevent a pregnancy) is somehow an exception to the "intent" rule. Oh well. All that temperature taking and abstinence. And here they must think thought their god wouldn't notice.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 12:59 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
(16-08-2014 10:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 10:19 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I was a catholic once. But then I took the red pill.
This is going to come off as very offensive but...
I assume you go to mass and put some dough in the collection plate. How do you feel about aiding the worlds largest pedophilia ring?

Yup. That's not appropriate for the Introduction section.

Tsk! Tsk!

General policy anyway is to NOT treat people who are self-confessed members of an officially criminal organisation as though they, themselves were criminals.

That's just bad form, old boy.

I guess I missed that one when reading the rules.. You'll forgive my hatred for the Vatican I'm sure. It's an evil organization responsible for much despair.
But yes perhaps I should save my vitriol for a more suited thread.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
16-08-2014, 02:27 PM
(16-08-2014 09:03 AM)Katyn Wrote:  Hello! I am a Roman Catholic gal who is currently traveling Europe and looking for fun discussions to fill in all of those empty hours on buses...So, why not try something different and post on an Atheist forum :-D I have my own forum (Link removed until we get to you know better... sorry... forum rules) which is a small Catholic website that pretty much does it's own thing. No real moderation beyond please don't be a dork on purpose. Anyhow, I enjoy chatting with Catholics but I also really enjoy debate with people who do not share my beliefs. And this looks like a fairly fun place. Ciao!

Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-08-2014, 02:50 PM
(16-08-2014 09:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I believe that Europe got a man in to install internet last week.

Ahem, but I believe the web was invented in Europe Angel

Hate the belief, love the believer.
16-08-2014, 02:54 PM
(16-08-2014 09:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 09:35 AM)kim Wrote:  Hi Katyn - you're traveling Europe and you're on the internet? This is beyond my comprehension.

I believe that Europe got a man in to install internet last week.

Drinking Beverage

"Do you know if there is a train coming in very soon?"
"Oh yes, very soon. They're building it now."
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
16-08-2014, 03:19 PM
I have spent a lot of time throughout Europe, gorgeous place, so much history. Welcome to the forums, start a thread if you like, read a few, watch some podcast on the home page (highly recommended), no one here wants to convert you, most enjoy a civil debate if you so wish to jump into the intellectual discourse end of the pool, relax, pull up a chair, and avoid our newest pest hbl. We are here to assist you on your path to knowledge if it is a trip you wish to take, or we can exchange different points of view, your involvement level is totally up to you obviously, enjoy your stay. Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
16-08-2014, 04:11 PM
(16-08-2014 02:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 09:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I believe that Europe got a man in to install internet last week.

Drinking Beverage

"Do you know if there is a train coming in very soon?"
"Oh yes, very soon. They're building it now."

In Budapest I was informed that Metro Line. 5 (I think, do not quote me for exacts) had been in the building process for well over 5 years. It covers a particular area of the city, and the joke was if you needed to get there...just head on over to the terminal and walk the track as they built.
[+] 1 user Likes Katyn's post
16-08-2014, 04:15 PM
So where else are you heading Katyn? I live in Munich myself and love the Bavarian alps. My husband and I had our honeymoon there. I presume you're going south into Austria and then Italy? The Alps get better as you go further into them.
16-08-2014, 04:25 PM
(16-08-2014 02:50 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  

Ahem, but I believe the web was invented in Europe Angel

Gasp You mean it wasn't Al Gore?! Shocking
16-08-2014, 05:41 PM
@2:15

#sigh