In the event of the zombies...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2012, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2012 05:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: In the event of the zombies...
(29-05-2012 03:06 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Will you have easy access to the supplies needed to survive the dead hordes?

I plan to eat them first. Once I finish procuring the necessary food irradiation gear to kill off the virus, I will have access to an unlimited food supply which comes to me instead of me having to hunt for it. ... Prolly gonna require some serious spices and marinades, though.

Here's mine:

[Image: zombiemap.png]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Zombies aren't a threat. They are so fucking stupid.

I'd get out a couple nice big kitchen knives. Wear several layers of clothes with my kevlar bike jacket, pants, and gloves. My steelcap boots.

The headgear I use for kickboxing/sparring (covers head and face).
The jackets and scarves underneath to help pad my neck.

Then I'm ready to cut my way through hordes of zombies. I'd clear out the nearby hospital first and help fortify it.

I don't get why people don't do this in the walking dead. I suppose if they could think and used proper tactics the show would be over.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
29-05-2012, 07:43 PM
See now we have to clarify which zombocalypse we are participating in. Are these Romero no room in hell shuffling zombies, toxic avenger style teeming with radiation and much more diverse as well as deadly, or the newer not really zombies but still cannibals 28 days later style?

I don't think there are other styles unless we can include brain slug/ pod person as a class. In which case we are even more fucked. Oh wait there is another class. Resident evil style with varying degrees of functionality and the of super power and aversion to death by explosives. In this class animals also become infected thus increasing the danger level many times over.

What if it was all of them? I wouldn't last a day in that scenario. But I would try to last just long enough to feed them Scot.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
30-05-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm afraid that they are already among us...

Quote:Revealed: Homeless man whose face was eaten by the Miami cannibal in horrific attack as photos of his injuries emerge

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1wKYtn8nL
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2012, 12:45 AM
In the case of zombies I would have to say that all my future plans would totally be disrupted and I would go on a plain fight for survival.
30-05-2012, 01:23 AM
I live on an island. Once the immediate zombie threat is dealt with (which will be small). The only land access point to the island will be destroyed. The only way to get onto the island will be the water but due to the freezing temperature of the water and the extremely strong currents, I don't have much to worry about. As for food and supplies. Most of the island is farmland so food won't be a problem. We also have many wind farms so electricity will also not be a problem. In the event that the island is lost to the zombies, I have many escape routes planned and many locations that can be easily fortified mapped out. Weapons are not an issue as I have many melee weapons and know people who are the proud owners of their very own armoury.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
30-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Don't worry Leela, I already have my zombie-fighting kit prepared. There is a Garda station right up the road where we can get some riot gear, hopefully (the map doesn't mark it). We'll have to probably hunt zombies with bows and arrows though (we can get some more when we raid the DCU Archery club, provided nobody else has beaten us to it). There's a doctor's office downstairs for medical supplies, and a hardware store right down the road for improvised weaponry.

See? I have it all planned.

If the infection ever spreads to Ireland, we will be ready for it. There are plenty of small islands along the west coast where we can hide out as well, assuming zombies can't swim, and the Wicklow Mountain idea falls through.

Bring it on, zombie scum! Beat_stick

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
30-05-2012, 06:23 AM
The rational side of me says:

A zombie outbreak would probably be an airborne contagion like most other viruses. The thought of it only being transmittable by a bite is highly unlikely to me. Maybe if it's like an STD or something I guess.

To entertain the idea of zombies (I do love zombie movies):

1) Melee weapons are a MUST. Quick and mostly unlimited. My Melee weapon of choice is a sword. I'd carry a short and long Katana sword. I'd have a gummy stone in the pocket to sharpen the edges when needed. Even if I didn't sharpen it, they would still be effective.

2) I'd make base in a supermarket until supplies run out then move onto the next one. Preferably, the supermarket would be near a car dealership. I wouldn't refuel, I would just get another vehicle (would probably need to anyway after running over zombies). My choice would be trucks so I don't get stuck in anything like a pile of zombies.

3) I'd make base at a mountain during the winters so I can still snowboard. It's unlikely many zombies would climb up a mountain, especially during the winter. Even if they did, they'd be dispersed enough for me to just avoid while shredding.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
30-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Second the melee weapon NoahsFarce. Mine is a machete.

The problem with making your base in a supermarket is all the rotten food. The vegetable aisle is going to stick worse than the unwashed zombies, and all the meat products will start going off before you've run out of canned foods as well. The bread will go mouldy. And the worst part is, while the lack of windows will protect you from a sudden zombie attack, they will also mean the stench will have nowhere to go.

But then, you might be aware of that? And that is the true reason you're training yourself to smell your own farts to much? In which case I salute your foresight Bowing

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 4 users Like Smooshmonster's post
30-05-2012, 07:18 AM
I think Cracked.com did an article on why a zombie apocalypse would be a complete letdown by analyzing zombies through science. It was quite entertaining.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]