In worried about my papa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2016, 11:48 PM
In worried about my papa
So far giving up religion has been pretty easy, till today. My dad is out camping so I went to hang out and eat dinner. I mentioned in a joking way how grandma and papa would be mad that I didn't visit them this weekend. Dad understands I have a lot of homework to catch up on and I had a quiz and exam due today, grandparents don't normally get that. Well dad said "papas upset but it's not about that"
The other day when I did stop by papas he mentioned a tooth infection and going to the dentist.. Not much detail. Today dad filled me in. Tuesday papa is going to have a tooth and part of his jaw removed. There is infection but he was asked to get off his blood thinner.. He also has a pacemaker. My dad told me today the blood thinner is to keep him from having a stroke. Papas dentist told him over the doctors that he would rather him stay on the blood thinners. If he bleeds a ton they can deal with it but a stroke is different.
This is the hard part, I'm used to praying over these things. Papa is my rock. Took care of me when I was little after my parents divorced.. While dad worked. He's always been there for me. Now I'm scared because this didn't seem so scary till my dad said "stroke"
It's scary when the people you view as strong are scared. Prayer brought me comfort at times like this.. Now. It's just fear and I don't know what to do.
If something happened to papa I wouldn't be able to function as a person. I'm terrified.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2016, 12:12 AM
RE: In worried about my papa
Take it easy. The docs and dentists are professionals. They'll give him the best care they possibly can. Clearly the infection needs to be dealt with. If things take a turn for the worse... well, it can happen. But it hasn't yet and hopefully won't. Time for getting stressed is when it happens, not before. The docs are aware of the problem ahead of time, it means they can plan for it. So much better than having to deal with it as an emergency.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
04-04-2016, 02:35 AM
Hug

Hope everything goes well for your relative.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
04-04-2016, 05:11 AM
While noone (but the doctors) maybe can change a thing, you can at least talk to your friends and loved ones and even get a response (= aka support), whereas praying...lets face, there never happened anything anyway, right?

So having sympathy from real people is to be prefered over the non reaction of a imaginary being, correct? Yes

Oh, and i dunno if it may help you, but: If it hurts, then you are still alive and human. Isnt that some good news after all? Smile

I am crossing my fingers for you and your dad.
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
04-04-2016, 05:41 AM
Vibes, empathy and hope!

You could try reading up on the procedures being done. The procedure itself sounds fairly routine, it's just the complications. As far as a stroke goes, the blood thinners help, but awareness helps a lot too. If everyone is aware that it may be an issue, then he's more likely to get treatment faster, which is key in stroke cases. Read up on the warning signs so you can recognize them too.

Vibes, empathy and hope!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
04-04-2016, 06:28 AM
Put your faith in the doctors and dentists, reach out to your friends and family for support, hug your animals. It's your turn to be the rock for your papa, help him with whatever he needs, tell him you love him, comfort him. *hugs* to you and good thoughts for your Papa that all goes well.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
04-04-2016, 07:38 PM
As a lifelong atheist, I obviously have never believed in the purported "power" of prayer that the Christians claim to exist. If anything positive can be said for prayer, it's that it can provide psychological reassurance for the person praying that they're doing something positive to encourage a satisfactory outcome for the subject of their prayers.

And I know it can be difficult to resist the temptation to pray in times of personal duress, but as the other guys have suggested, there are more practical things you can do in order to ease your own concerns, plus smooth the way for your papa.

And I'm sure the medicos will work out a practical approach, considering your papa's medical condition, and the fact that they've done this sort of thing perfectly satisfactorily a thousand times before.

My thoughts are with you. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
04-04-2016, 08:03 PM
thanks everyone! my dad is supposed to call me tomorrow when everything is done to let me know how it goes. yall are right, im sure the docs have dealt with this before. i have seen people in worse conditions go in for worse things. hopefully this will be just another surgery and he can get back on his meds.
[+] 3 users Like Jewelarcher's post
04-04-2016, 11:53 PM
I agree with those above. Trust the doctors. This sort of operation is routine. Things can go wrong. Let's hope all goes smoothly.

My empathy and thoughts are with you. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-04-2016, 10:34 AM
dad just texted said they are on the way and everything went well.

its hard when you were never taught to put your trust in the doctors. just to pray about everything. but i guess i should trust them after all..
[+] 4 users Like Jewelarcher's post