In your opinion, are Christians immature?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 05:22 PM
In your opinion, are Christians immature?
They love to shove John 3:16 in my face, but whenever I try to quote the bible like Numbers 15:32-36 or Deuteronmy 22:28-29, they just love to ignore me and play the apologetics game. I understand some people are busy with their lives and might not have the time to read a 2,000 page book; whether it be from work or family. But to a group of people that actually know the evil quotes in the bible, lie to us, and punish us for actually reading it, do you think these people are immature?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: In your opinion, are Christians immature?
Immature? Perhaps, in a limited sense. Fear (of death and the unknown) is certainly a part of it, as is indoctrination and early training in how to not apply critical thinking to the god claims. Add in the comfort of having your beliefs reinforced continually and it's a hard thing to break out of.

The fact that so many have not actually read the entire bible, and many haven't actually read much or any of it at all, is what I find most interesting. If I believed that the creator of the universe had inspired a book that told me how I should live I would be reading it repeatedly.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Oh, well you see you just don't seem to understand that Numbers is the OLD Testament, so that doens't count because it didn't have enough Jesus...and everything from the New book you are just interpreting it wrong to make it sound like how you want it too. But the parts you are interpreting wrong are ONLY the ones that I don't agree with and when read out loud, sound really really bad. Nothing bad can be there so there for your wrong.

Does that help at all?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
28-04-2016, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016 06:53 PM by Banjo.)
(28-04-2016 05:22 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  They love to shove John 3:16 in my face, but whenever I try to quote the bible like Numbers 15:32-36 or Deuteronmy 22:28-29, they just love to ignore me and play the apologetics game. I understand some people are busy with their lives and might not have the time to read a 2,000 page book; whether it be from work or family. But to a group of people that actually know the evil quotes in the bible, lie to us, and punish us for actually reading it, do you think these people are immature?

There are too many people for there to be an all inclusive answer. The work itself is also do disjointed and lacking in, let's say, good editing. So many contradictions, yet still claims perfections. I only really want to speak with people who have actually read the entire work. Sadly these xians are few and far between.

I think most xians are lazy. If I truly believed an all powerful creator of the entire universe had written a book about it, I would consider it the highest possible priority. Therefore laziness must play a huge part in what it takes to be a true believer.

Denial is also a huge part of many question. For example, often when confronted with an evil passage, a xian will simply show a more easy going passage. And yet the babble says
2nd Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Back in the good old Landover Baptist days, nice xians were shocked when it was pointed out what their babbles actually said. Which in many ways was most gratifying because it meant these people were actually better than their scripture.

People would go to many lengths to disprove a scripture said one thing and meant another. Show them the KV 1611 and they would come back not with a doctorate, but rather another translation attempting to ease the language.

However when one is working alongside theologian atheists who read the ancient languages, it was quite hard to ignore the truth.

I also think much of it relies on intelligence and education. For example this sudden phenomena of suicide attacks. Were these people more educated perhaps it may hinder it. The funny thing is though, the Monty Python film, The life of Brian, was very true when it showed Jewish suicide squads. These did exist and people would kill themselves in protest over Roman rule. So it is not so modern after all.

Having never been a believer myself it is difficult for me to understand such belief. I do lose patience with such ignorance. They interpret this impatience as anger. Perhaps as a way of better understanding the contempt.

I think weakness of character exposes itself through this willingness to fall for a fairy tale such as thee babble. Having lived many months on a cancer ward and witnessing death, it was strange to see the most religious were the most frightened and most easily drawn to tears as their time came to a slow, or perhaps fast, end. The end of an orthodox Greek man remains a painful memory for me. Try as I might I could not make him smile as he clutched his cross and cried to Jesus. At no point did I attempt to deconvert him. However he was the strongest in that room, the most religious, and then the first to pass away.

I shall never understand it.

I have fought it for many years simply because I have always seen through the system as being evil and anti life. When the focus is on the afterlife, not much is given to life itself. The leader of this cult, Yahweh or Jesus or whatever name some faith chooses for him, has always been the most vile creature in history. No human comes close. Although sadly for the human race, many have tried. Your Constantine's, Justinian's, Constantius', Hitler's, Khan's etc etc, all pale in comparison to this madman/god of the ancient Hebrews.

The most horrific genocide in a fictional tale of a false history is attributed to a so called "Loving God".

And yet people buy it. Indeed kill themselves and murder for it.

I think simply unevolved is possibly a reason. Cool

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
28-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Immature? No.

"Stupid" is the word you want to use.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
28-04-2016, 10:57 PM
The word you're looking for is "stupid" to which the answer is yes.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-04-2016, 11:33 PM
Individuals are immature. A lot of them happen to be Christian. But that's what we should expect when they make up such a large percentage of the population.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-04-2016, 12:01 AM
(28-04-2016 05:22 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  They love to shove John 3:16 in my face, but whenever I try to quote the bible like Numbers 15:32-36 or Deuteronmy 22:28-29, they just love to ignore me and play the apologetics game.

Cause their god is always good just like USSR was always progressive.

(28-04-2016 05:22 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  I understand some people are busy with their lives and might not have the time to read a 2,000 page book; whether it be from work or family.

Such book contain word of god and they don't have a time for reading it? It hardly could be called being serious about one faith.

(28-04-2016 05:22 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  But to a group of people that actually know the evil quotes in the bible, lie to us, and punish us for actually reading it, do you think these people are immature?

Immature? Why? Indoctrinated.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post