In your opinion, will mankind ever invent the perfect religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2015, 05:38 PM
In your opinion, will mankind ever invent the perfect religion?
My agnostic friend told me that all religions have their strong points, even those religions like Islam. However, every single religion has it's downfalls and this is where all the violence comes in. In your opinion, will mankind ever invent the perfect religion?

I think many religions are correct of there being a creator, because we couldn't have gotten here any other way. But at the same time they each have imperfections of what a creator would be like. Now let us try to imagine what a perfect religion would be like...

1. No violence of any kind (even for religious reasons).
2. No contradictions.
3. Agrees with science and reason.
4. Choosing this religion would be based on free will and not based of condemnation in the afterlife.
5. The holy book of this religion could be read clearly without having to make excuses for it.
6. Belief in one God.

If there is ANY religion like this, let me know. What is your opinions on this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: In your opinion, will mankind ever invent the perfect religion?
No.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 10 users Like Banjo's post
20-10-2015, 05:55 PM
They've had a long time to try already.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
20-10-2015, 06:02 PM
In the end, you'll end up with some deity that created the universe for no apparent reason that either doesn't care what the fuck happens on earth or one that is powerless to do shit.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 4 users Like Lightvader's post
20-10-2015, 06:02 PM
And what kind of religion do you build around that?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
20-10-2015, 06:05 PM
(20-10-2015 06:02 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  And what kind of religion do you build around that?

xianity, islam etc...

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
20-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Ahh, ok first of all there is no such thing as a perfect delusion, but I will expand on your points..

(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  My agnostic friend told me that all religions have their strong points, even those religions like Islam. However, every single religion has it's downfalls and this is where all the violence comes in.
true
Quote:I think many religions are correct of there being a creator, because we couldn't have gotten here any other way.
Uhm, no. That would be at best a gnostic deistic outlook, and that is not a supported position. You can't just posit that without backing it up.
Quote:But at the same time they each have imperfections of what a creator would be like. Now let us try to imagine what a perfect religion would be like...
1. No violence of any kind (even for religious reasons).
I think that would be something to say about a "perfect society". Although the definition of violence can expand to sports and martial arts for some people. That's an area of gray.
Quote:2. No contradictions.
Sure, that'd be nice
Quote:3. Agrees with science and reason.
Sure, that'd be nice. Although it would be more accurate to say that it agreed with the scientific method.
Quote:4. Choosing this religion would be based on free will and not based of condemnation in the afterlife.
So it's not really a religion then?
Quote:5. The holy book of this religion could be read clearly without having to make excuses for it.
Sure, that'd be nice
Quote:6. Belief in one God.
Why? Why not multiple gods? Why not sentient forces that aren't exactly gods? What's a god got to do with it? got to do with it..

Quote:If there is ANY religion like this, let me know. What is your opinions on this?
As an anti-theist my opinion is that you are searching for something that will never exist because it is contradictory to what religion is. There can never be a perfect religion because as long as religions involve magic/supernatural that means religions are effectively causing people to live in a fantasy worldview. No matter what, this is never perfect IMO.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 5 users Like Adrianime's post
20-10-2015, 06:15 PM
(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  I think many religions are correct of there being a creator, because we couldn't have gotten here any other way.

You might like to attempt to support that assertion. Otherwise,

[Image: 1397272829165.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like Chas's post
20-10-2015, 06:18 PM
(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  My agnostic friend told me that all religions have their strong points, even those religions like Islam. However, every single religion has it's downfalls and this is where all the violence comes in. In your opinion, will mankind ever invent the perfect religion?

No.

1. "Perfect" is a meaningless term due to it's subjectivity; no two humans will agree on the exact metrics by which they can define perfection.
2. If it were a perfect religion, I would agree that threats of damnation would not be required. However, at the same time in the case of a 'perfect' religion, the choice could not possibly be a free one, as it would be so incontrovertible as to force people to accept it by the nature of its sheer, inarguable accuracy.

(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  I think many religions are correct of there being a creator, because we couldn't have gotten here any other way.

Citations required, in a different thread.

(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  1. No violence of any kind (even for religious reasons).
2. No contradictions.
3. Agrees with science and reason.
4. Choosing this religion would be based on free will and not based of condemnation in the afterlife.
5. The holy book of this religion could be read clearly without having to make excuses for it.
6. Belief in one God.

If there is ANY religion like this, let me know. What is your opinions on this?

I am unaware of any religion which follows all these stipulations.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
20-10-2015, 06:20 PM
But then you name the thread "In your opinion, will mankind ever invent the perfect religion?

If you think there is a creator, how do you invent one instead of discover it?
[+] 5 users Like Clockwork's post