In your opinion, will mankind ever invent the perfect religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: In your opinion, will mankind ever invent the perfect religion?
The perfect, is a concept most things you won't ever likely achieve.

Why would those labels really equate that though, I would say if you want that, much of those concept you proclaimed already exist in a religion, from the Baha'i faith.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Religion is merely a form of cultural evolution that allowed us to survive when our needs were no longer in line with our base instincts. In that regards, though religions have an unfortunate tendency to stick around after they are no longer beneficial, within the context in which they were adopted they were, arguably, perfect.

'Murican Canadian
20-10-2015, 09:31 PM
(20-10-2015 09:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Meh. I'm not impressed.
Now if there was a god of door nobs, I might worship that one.

Well all exits and entries really. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Clockwork's right, the only "perfect" religion would be a "true" religion. And there are no religions like that because they are invented by a bunch of different people, which leads to contradictions. They need the threat of hell to convince people. And btw our existence can be explained without a creator, it is extremely narrow minded to assert otherwise, especially without evidence.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 2 users Like Imathinker's post
21-10-2015, 12:39 AM
(20-10-2015 06:49 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 06:02 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  And what kind of religion do you build around that?
http://www.subgenius.com
When I first saw the page some time ago, I thought it was done crazy cult Tongue

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
21-10-2015, 01:22 AM
(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  In your opinion, will mankind ever invent the perfect religion?

No. Perfection is unachievable.

(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  I think many religions are correct of there being a creator, because we couldn't have gotten here any other way.

Thinking so does not make something true, so prove it.

(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  But at the same time they each have imperfections of what a creator would be like.

How do you know that there is creator?

(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  1. No violence of any kind (even for religious reasons).
2. No contradictions.
3. Agrees with science and reason.
4. Choosing this religion would be based on free will and not based of condemnation in the afterlife.
5. The holy book of this religion could be read clearly without having to make excuses for it.
6. Belief in one God.

It's shit just like any other religion as it is based on childish fear of taking responsibilty for one life and some bizzare longing for slavery where slaveholder is invisible man in the sky.

(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  If there is ANY religion like this, let me know. What is your opinions on this?

It's somewhat funny at first glance, but fater that it's sad. So many years of evolution and people still want to believe in primitive tales whose function were to explain word to ignorant.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
21-10-2015, 05:25 AM
All religions are based upon a lie, it's best not to even play the game.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
21-10-2015, 06:09 AM
(20-10-2015 05:38 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  In your opinion, will mankind ever invent the perfect religion?

I see no reason to think religion is a good thing to have at all. The only perfect religion is none at all.

Quote:I think many religions are correct of there being a creator, because we couldn't have gotten here any other way.

Facepalm

How did an incredibly intelligent, powerful creator get there? Obviously there had to be a meta-creator.

Big fleas have little fleas,
Upon their backs to bite 'em,
And little fleas have lesser fleas,
and so, ad infinitum.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
21-10-2015, 06:18 AM
oxymoron

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
21-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Ya jumped the shark at point #6.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post