Inadmissable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Inadmissable
(02-12-2015 05:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 02:43 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Mr. Carlin was a brilliant comedian, very funny. I mean that. However, for ones touched by things like murder and adultery, there is a time for laughing and a time to be serious. So I'll ask you, what do you think God thinks about the movement to tear down His commandments? What do you think righteous people think about this, and what do you think adulterers and murderers think in this instance?

Gods don’t exist so your first question is moot.

Righteous people...Consider I would say that if you live in a first world country all the laws are written down in the law BOOKS. Imagine chiseling all the laws down on a block of stone in a public place...that’s so 1st century. No, I think righteous people know that we have invented paper and now we even have the internet where everyone can google them and look them up.

The second part of this answer has to do with your term “His laws” and separation of church and State. You would have a hissy fit if you saw Sharia law engraved somewhere on the courthouse property wouldn’t you? So who’s religious laws are we going to include? This is why it is so fucking important to separate the two. You and your god have no more claim to State property than do the ragheads and their god. Apparently you don’t understand this.

As for adulterers and murderers I think they could have the laws tattooed to their foreheads and they still would be adulterers and murderers.

Quote:if you saw Sharia law engraved somewhere on the courthouse property wouldn’t you? So who’s religious laws are we going to include? This is why it is so fucking important to separate the two. You and your god have no more claim to State property than do the ragheads and their god.

I wish this statement could be pounded into every Christians head!

Laugh out load

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2015, 12:40 PM
(03-12-2015 09:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:27 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The framers intervened in the issue of the Barbary pirates and are on record as rejecting Islam totalitarianism. They would have no problem whatsoever with Christianity as part and parcel of public life.

You are truly an ignorant douche.

The Treaty of Tripoli, Article 11 states:
"Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims); and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan (Mohammedan) nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The treaty was written in the administration of Geo. Washington and signed in the administration of John Adams.

Congratulations on presenting an actual fact for once, Chas, along with your usual slurs and insults!

You are likely unaware of Jefferson's stance on the issue:

http://www.city-journal.org/html/17_2_ur...erson.html

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2015, 04:53 PM
(07-12-2015 12:40 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are truly an ignorant douche.

The Treaty of Tripoli, Article 11 states:
"Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims); and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan (Mohammedan) nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The treaty was written in the administration of Geo. Washington and signed in the administration of John Adams.

Congratulations on presenting an actual fact for once, Chas, along with your usual slurs and insults!

You are likely unaware of Jefferson's stance on the issue:

http://www.city-journal.org/html/17_2_ur...erson.html

What is your point?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user