Inauguration Countdown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: Inauguration Countdown
(13-01-2017 01:15 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 12:53 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Uh... you obviously don't know that Clinton received 2.9 million more popular votes than Drumpf?

Some "stomping" LOL.

What is a popular vote? Is that something they use in other less advanced countries? In this country, we use a method that gives voice to all states and affords the opportunity for a state to match their presidential choice with their legislative choice. It's called the electoral college. This prevents overly populated states full of uneducated people from having a greater influence on smaller states.

I guess you don't know that the number of electoral votes is proportional to the state's population. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-01-2017, 02:04 PM
(13-01-2017 02:00 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 12:17 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump has big plans for his 1st day. #1 on his list is the cancellation of Obama's executive actions DACA and DAPA.

Just a few quick questions about the repeal of those two laws. What the hell is going to happen to the children of illegal immigrant who were born in the us if their parents are deported? Will they be deported too? Will they be taken in foster family, or with relatives who have the American citizenship, should they, or their parents, wish to stay? Should they be deported, could they retain their american citizenship should they want to return the the US later? For the "dreamers" and their family, how will their assets (houses, businesses, etc.) be handled? Will they be bought or seized?

BTW, should those two laws be repealed and deportation efforts become rapidely very vigorous, the photos of children and families being forced into planes and trucks by police forces is going to make great pictures for history books. Episodes of mass deportations and exodus were always so pleasant and good for the reputation of the country conducting them. Imagine if those millions of illegal immigrants and their supporter decided to resist en masse to those deportation efforts. But let's not beat the dru of the worst possible scenario. It's unlikely that such an effort would be botched to that point. Yet, I wonder how will the new governement prepare for the worst case scenario.

Sell them on E-bay??

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-01-2017, 02:05 PM
(13-01-2017 01:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A presidential inauguration is almost as exciting as watching NASCAR...(which is just watching a bunch of cars making a left turn)

Just without beer.......

Sad

Sometime there's a car crash to punctuate the race. It doesn't make the show much better, but it can make for a cool compilation on Youtube. If Trump gets a pie in the face and a gets a good wedgy it could get funny and entertaining. The wedgy would have been better on Clinton though. She had more dignity than Trump.Consider

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
13-01-2017, 02:10 PM
(13-01-2017 12:17 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Here is a link to a countdown timer so you can check it whenever you want.

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/ina...down-clock

I know you all are suffering from the waiting like I am. It seems like forever since Trump stomped Hillary Clinton. Now you can check it when your anticipation builds up and reassure yourself that it's almost here!

Trump has big plans for his 1st day. #1 on his list is the cancellation of Obama's executive actions DACA and DAPA. He will also be asking for Kate's law to be passed and on his desk on day 1. Paul Ryan has hinted at legislation blocking funding to sanctuary cities. The wall. ACA repeal.

Tune into the #1 news channel FOX News for all day coverage.

[Image: CwU63dw.jpg]

Enjoy!
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
13-01-2017, 03:06 PM
(13-01-2017 01:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A presidential inauguration is almost as exciting as watching NASCAR...(which is just watching a bunch of cars making a left turn)

Just without beer.......

Sad

Gotta disagree with you. I find NASCAR boring as hell -- but it would be absolutely riveting compared to an inauguration. No comparison at all. If nothing else, the noise keeps you awake. Nothing could keep me awake during an inauguration.
13-01-2017, 03:11 PM
(13-01-2017 03:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Just without beer.......

Sad

Gotta disagree with you. I find NASCAR boring as hell -- but it would be absolutely riveting compared to an inauguration. No comparison at all. If nothing else, the noise keeps you awake. Nothing could keep me awake during an inauguration.

Laugh out load There's always this....

[Image: a-clockwork-orange-puremovies-620x299.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-01-2017, 03:18 PM
I won't watch it...but I never watch them. They usually start too early for me and honestly I don't care enough.

I've been around this game long enough to have learned it doesn't matter, nothing really ever changes. People have short memories and will always repeat their past mistakes. People will always trade a false sense of present security for the future.

The pendulum continues to swing.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-01-2017, 03:53 PM

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
13-01-2017, 03:53 PM

Just without beer.......

Sad

In either case, the chance of watching a high speed wreck makes an otherwise boring event just entertaining enough to pay attention to.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Here is an interesting bit:

Quote:The U.S. Army general who heads the D.C. National Guard and is an integral part of overseeing the inauguration said Friday he will be removed from command effective Jan. 20 at 12:01 p.m., just as Donald Trump is sworn in as president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pub...98d43e2e8d

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man