Inauguration Countdown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Inauguration Countdown
(15-01-2017 12:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 08:04 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Negative. They are appointed by the president. They submit their resignation every time there is a new president. The new president can accept the resignation or keep them. Trump accepted his resignation. Maybe Trump wasn't aware that the resignation is only customary and doesn't have to be accept it?

Trump also isn't aware that a current tax audit doesn't prohibit one from making one's taxes public. Warren Buffett and other billionaires have been know to release their taxes during audits.

Especially since the IRS has gone on record and told him he could do it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2017, 05:32 PM
(15-01-2017 04:12 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 12:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Trump also isn't aware that a current tax audit doesn't prohibit one from making one's taxes public. Warren Buffett and other billionaires have been know to release their taxes during audits.

Especially since the IRS has gone on record and told him he could do it.

The audit isn't over? I thought they concluded it a bit ago.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-01-2017, 05:48 PM
(15-01-2017 05:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 04:12 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Especially since the IRS has gone on record and told him he could do it.

If I didn't have anything to hide I'd publish my tax returns so fast it'd make your head spin. Now there is an outside possibility there's nothing amiss with the taxes but it could also be that his team needs the time to cook the books and make some changes. Snark...Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-01-2017, 06:17 PM
(15-01-2017 05:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 05:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  The audit isn't over? I thought they concluded it a bit ago.

If I didn't have anything to hide I'd publish my tax returns so fast it'd make your head spin. Now there is an outside possibility there's nothing amiss with the taxes but it could also be that his team needs the time to cook the books and make some changes. Snark...Tongue

The other day he said nobody cared about his taxes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-01-2017, 06:35 PM
(15-01-2017 06:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 05:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If I didn't have anything to hide I'd publish my tax returns so fast it'd make your head spin. Now there is an outside possibility there's nothing amiss with the taxes but it could also be that his team needs the time to cook the books and make some changes. Snark...Tongue

The other day he said nobody cared about his taxes.

I don't think people actually do care as much as they say. It's not like we're all trying to make up our minds about him but can't until the taxes are out. Those who like him will still like him and those who think he's a douche still will. He therefore has absolutely nothing to gain regardless of what his taxes show.

'Murican Canadian
15-01-2017, 06:48 PM
This may sound just a bit woo-woo, but I'm actually expecting incredibly nasty weather to hit Washington next Friday. Other than the recent ice storms in the Midwest I have no logical reason for believing this, so take this with a grain of salt.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2017, 07:26 PM
(15-01-2017 06:48 PM)Astreja Wrote:  This may sound just a bit woo-woo, but I'm actually expecting incredibly nasty weather to hit Washington next Friday. Other than the recent ice storms in the Midwest I have no logical reason for believing this, so take this with a grain of salt.

Maybe we should all pray to Odin for an ice storm to hit Washington. Odin promised to kill all the Ice Giants so maybe He also creates ice storms. Praise Odin...Oh, Great Ice Giant Killer. Bowing

sorry, off topic. Unsure

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-01-2017, 09:55 AM
(15-01-2017 05:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 04:12 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Especially since the IRS has gone on record and told him he could do it.

I think it is now but when the issue of the tax forms came up, Trump said that because of the audit, he couldn't do it. The IRS said that it was fine if he released them. He promptly ignored the statement.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
16-01-2017, 10:00 AM
(16-01-2017 09:55 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I think it is now but when the issue of the tax forms came up, Trump said that because of the audit, he couldn't do it. The IRS said that it was fine if he released them. He promptly ignored the statement.

Trump lied.

Colour me shocked. Shocking
16-01-2017, 10:23 AM
(16-01-2017 09:55 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 05:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  The audit isn't over? I thought they concluded it a bit ago.

I think it is now but when the issue of the tax forms came up, Trump said that because of the audit, he couldn't do it. The IRS said that it was fine if he released them. He promptly ignored the statement.

I believe he said his lawyer advised him not to do it while under audit.

Who cares anyway? There is no law requiring a presidential candidate release tax returns. Nixon didn't (until he was already in office, but not as a candidate). Gerald Ford didn't either.

It's just another thing for people to whine about. I actually love that it bothers people so much. I hope republicans go back to never releasing tax returns just to piss liberals off.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]