Inauguration Countdown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2017, 10:30 AM
RE: Inauguration Countdown
(15-01-2017 06:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 05:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If I didn't have anything to hide I'd publish my tax returns so fast it'd make your head spin. Now there is an outside possibility there's nothing amiss with the taxes but it could also be that his team needs the time to cook the books and make some changes. Snark...Tongue

The other day he said nobody cared about his taxes.

I think we can all be quite confident that he ain't paid no taxes for decades.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2017, 10:35 AM
(16-01-2017 10:30 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 06:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  The other day he said nobody cared about his taxes.

I think we can all be quite confident that he ain't paid no taxes for decades.

Probably just on stocking up his liquor cabinet -- seeing it's collected at the retail level....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-01-2017, 10:38 AM
(15-01-2017 06:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think we can all be quite confident that he ain't paid no taxes for decades.

Makes no difference if he didn't pay any taxes. AFAIK, he's done nothing illegal in that regard, nor is he being accused of illegally avoiding taxes.

It's his ties to Russia, China and Middle Eastern Muslim dictators which might be showed by his tax returns, which is, of course, why he continues to hide them.

It's already been established that his inner circle - both past and present - have substantial ties to Russia. That's not in question anymore. What's in question is how deep his personal involvement is. Tax returns might show that.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
16-01-2017, 10:20 PM
(16-01-2017 10:23 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 09:55 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I think it is now but when the issue of the tax forms came up, Trump said that because of the audit, he couldn't do it. The IRS said that it was fine if he released them. He promptly ignored the statement.

I believe he said his lawyer advised him not to do it while under audit.

Who cares anyway? There is no law requiring a presidential candidate release tax returns. Nixon didn't (until he was already in office, but not as a candidate). Gerald Ford didn't either.

It's just another thing for people to whine about. I actually love that it bothers people so much. I hope republicans go back to never releasing tax returns just to piss liberals off.

If his lawyer advised him to do it, he should have said that. Instead, he fabricated this lie that he couldn't due to the audit. I know that they aren't required to (and frankly, all of congress, the top 5 in the line for presidential succession, and the 9 members of SCOTUS should have to as well IMO). It is more of a way to serve as a check. If they are handed the reigns of the country, they owe it to the electorate to be as transparent as possible to minimize corruption.

(16-01-2017 10:38 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  It's his ties to Russia, China and Middle Eastern Muslim dictators which might be showed by his tax returns, which is, of course, why he continues to hide them.

This is PRECISELY why he should provide them. It is potentially a huge conflict of interest. How are we able to know if we can't see them? We are about to give this guy a blank check with no way to see the bank statement.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
16-01-2017, 10:40 PM
(16-01-2017 10:38 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 06:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think we can all be quite confident that he ain't paid no taxes for decades.

Makes no difference if he didn't pay any taxes. AFAIK, he's done nothing illegal in that regard, nor is he being accused of illegally avoiding taxes.

It's his ties to Russia, China and Middle Eastern Muslim dictators which might be showed by his tax returns, which is, of course, why he continues to hide them.

It's already been established that his inner circle - both past and present - have substantial ties to Russia. That's not in question anymore. What's in question is how deep his personal involvement is. Tax returns might show that.

Exactly. Whether he paid his taxes isn't the concern, although that's pretty crappy, it's where he may have gotten money from or who he owes money too. Could be nothing, could be something very interesting.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-01-2017, 09:19 AM
I've been listening to NPR - about all the "protestors" who are going to protest the inauguration....

My conclusion ------

So much for "peaceful transfer of power"....

You don't get this many angry, stupid people in one place (and yeah - I'm counting both the pro and anti Trump camps as angry and stupid) --- without violence happening....

I don't see it a matter of if -- but -- how many people get killed over this shit......

It ain't gonna be pretty......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-01-2017, 09:46 AM
(16-01-2017 10:38 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  It's already been established that his inner circle - both past and present - have substantial ties to Russia. That's not in question anymore. What's in question is how deep his personal involvement is. Tax returns might show that.

lol. Still waiting on that evidence that 'substantially ties' him to Russia.
17-01-2017, 09:52 AM
(17-01-2017 09:46 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 10:38 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  It's already been established that his inner circle - both past and present - have substantial ties to Russia. That's not in question anymore. What's in question is how deep his personal involvement is. Tax returns might show that.

How 'bout photographic evidence?

[Image: aC2bpR2.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Even without a direct connection, which should surprise nobody, here is how Putin views Trump.

https://vimeo.com/36580939

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-01-2017, 01:11 PM
(17-01-2017 09:46 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  

Reading comprehension is your friend. I'll requote it to make it easier for you:
(16-01-2017 10:38 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  It's already been established that his inner circle - both past and present - have substantial ties to Russia. That's not in question anymore.
Paul Manafort ties to Russia
Michael Flynn ties to Russia
Rex Tillerson ties to Russia

And now it's been discovered that, despite Trump's lies to the contrary, the Trump team has been in frequent contact with counterparts in Russia. Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...27111.html

How many more examples would you like?

Once Trump releases his tax returns, we'll know how deep he personally - or business-wise - is indebted to the Russians, the Chinese and some ME Islamic dictators.

If he has nothing to hide, then he should be hiding nothing. He's no longer a private citizen; his affairs are a matter of national security.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post