Inauguration Countdown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: Inauguration Countdown
(17-01-2017 01:11 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:46 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  lol. Still waiting on that evidence that 'substantially ties' him to Russia.

Reading comprehension is your friend. I'll requote it to make it easier for you:
(16-01-2017 10:38 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  It's already been established that his inner circle - both past and present - have substantial ties to Russia. That's not in question anymore.
Paul Manafort ties to Russia
Michael Flynn ties to Russia
Rex Tillerson ties to Russia

And now it's been discovered that, despite Trump's lies to the contrary, the Trump team has been in frequent contact with counterparts in Russia. Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...27111.html

How many more examples would you like?

Once Trump releases his tax returns, we'll know how deep he personally - or business-wise - is indebted to the Russians, the Chinese and some ME Islamic dictators.

If he has nothing to hide, then he should be hiding nothing. He's no longer a private citizen; his affairs are a matter of national security.

Trumph has little to gain, and more to lose by making his tax records public -- and -- he's not required to by law....

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/09/pf/taxes...x-returns/

Not revealing his records -- ESPECIALLY if he has nothing to hide - is a good political move. By not revealing - he keeps his detractors tied up -- chasing their tails..... If he revealed his records with nothing to hide - his detractors would move on to something else to gripe about -- possibly something important......

It's a "can't lose" for Trump.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2017, 01:39 PM
(17-01-2017 01:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Not revealing his records -- ESPECIALLY if he has nothing to hide - is a good political move. By not revealing - he keeps his detractors tied up -- chasing their tails..... If he revealed his records with nothing to hide - his detractors would move on to something else to gripe about -- possibly something important......

Not sure if I agree with your assessment.

It's unlikely to go away, now that his inner circle has been discovered to have substantial ties to Russia and that he - Trump - continues to lie about whether or not they've been in touch with their Russian counterparts.

What could be more important than to confirm that Trump is a Putin stooge?

What could be more important than to confirm that Trump is not a Putin stooge?

Releasing the returns will likely answer it once and for all. The fact that he continues to lie about being unable to release them goes, again, to his character as a pathological liar and his impression that he's hiding something.

There's also the problem of leaks. By taking the initiative and publishing his records, Trump retains control of the story. Once the documents are leaked - some of them already have been, and more are likely to find their way into the hands of a reporter somewhere - Trump will be again put on the defensive and lose control of the story.

I think his tax returns and his inner circle's ties to Russia are Trump's "tape on the door" moment; the moment when it was discovered that something nefarious is going on. (Frank Wills was a security guard in the Watergate hotel who discovered that Nixon's Republican operatives had broken into Democrat offices and had put tape on the door to keep it from locking. http://articles.latimes.com/2000/sep/29/local/me-28706 )
[Image: main-qimg-190e56337116139cb1e086363dc13e..._webp=true]

Just like Watergate, this story is not going to go away.

*edited to fix link
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
17-01-2017, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 03:09 PM by dancefortwo.)
Well, back to the topic of the inauguration.

Scalpers are having a tough time selling tickets to the inauguration. Nobody wants them. Tickets are going unsold.

http://www.gq.com/story/no-one-wants-to-...auguration

The charter buses are not coming either.

".....only 200 buses have requested permits for the inauguration. For comparison, the Women's March this coming Saturday has 1,200 requests."

On Obama's inauguration day in 2009, 3000 charter busses came.

Trump.....200 charter busses.

Obama....3000 charter busses.

Rolleyes

Big Grin

Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-01-2017, 02:56 PM
DC Hotels have plenty of vacancies for inaugural weekend. Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/busi...vacancies/

More lies from the Trump camp:

"...all the dress shops are sold out in Washington. It's hard to find a great dress for this inauguration”. A lie. Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...18871.html

Elton John will be playing at the inauguration. A lie. John says, "I'm not a Republican in a million years. Why not ask Ted f***ing Nugent? Or one of those f***ing country stars? They'll do it for you." Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entert...92991.html

How can you tell when Trump is lying? His lips are moving.
[+] 5 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
17-01-2017, 04:39 PM
His petty lies don't bother me as much as what he might be forced by Putin to give up in terms of privileged information at the risk of passing over his scatological orgies to wikileaks.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
18-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Welcome to the new world

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-01-2017, 10:11 AM
(18-01-2017 09:58 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Welcome to the new world

I'll never understand why being decent to other human beings is wrong.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-01-2017, 10:18 AM
(17-01-2017 04:39 PM)tomilay Wrote:  His petty lies don't bother me as much as what he might be forced by Putin to give up in terms of privileged information at the risk of passing over his scatological orgies to wikileaks.

I don't think you understand the real concept of blackmail.....................

If you and me already know about Trump's supposed predilections --- what good is it, as blackmail to have pictures???? Odds are, they won't be as good as the bystander's imagination.

For it to be leverage -- it needs to be secret.............

It's not.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-01-2017, 10:20 AM
(17-01-2017 01:39 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 01:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Not revealing his records -- ESPECIALLY if he has nothing to hide - is a good political move. By not revealing - he keeps his detractors tied up -- chasing their tails..... If he revealed his records with nothing to hide - his detractors would move on to something else to gripe about -- possibly something important......

Not sure if I agree with your assessment.

It's unlikely to go away, now that his inner circle has been discovered to have substantial ties to Russia and that he - Trump - continues to lie about whether or not they've been in touch with their Russian counterparts.

What could be more important than to confirm that Trump is a Putin stooge?

What could be more important than to confirm that Trump is not a Putin stooge?

Releasing the returns will likely answer it once and for all. The fact that he continues to lie about being unable to release them goes, again, to his character as a pathological liar and his impression that he's hiding something.

There's also the problem of leaks. By taking the initiative and publishing his records, Trump retains control of the story. Once the documents are leaked - some of them already have been, and more are likely to find their way into the hands of a reporter somewhere - Trump will be again put on the defensive and lose control of the story.

I think his tax returns and his inner circle's ties to Russia are Trump's "tape on the door" moment; the moment when it was discovered that something nefarious is going on. (Frank Wills was a security guard in the Watergate hotel who discovered that Nixon's Republican operatives had broken into Democrat offices and had put tape on the door to keep it from locking. http://articles.latimes.com/2000/sep/29/local/me-28706 )
[Image: main-qimg-190e56337116139cb1e086363dc13e..._webp=true]

Just like Watergate, this story is not going to go away.

*edited to fix link

Trump doesn't CARE if it "goes away". He can't be forced to reveal his tax record, if he doesn't want to.

You can't even pass a law and make him, as it'd be ex post facto.....

18-01-2017, 12:37 PM
(18-01-2017 10:18 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 04:39 PM)tomilay Wrote:  His petty lies don't bother me as much as what he might be forced by Putin to give up in terms of privileged information at the risk of passing over his scatological orgies to wikileaks.

I don't think you understand the real concept of blackmail.....................

If you and me already know about Trump's supposed predilections --- what good is it, as blackmail to have pictures???? Odds are, they won't be as good as the bystander's imagination.

For it to be leverage -- it needs to be secret.............

It's not.

It's unverified. The blackmail is in releasing incontrovertible evidence of it. It's more effective if it's not so secret. It could just be verified less harmful information hinting at something else that only Trump would have no doubt about. The message being, it could get ugly pretty fast, but he has options by compromising - I think that is why they call it kompromat.

It won't be an effective blackmail politically as far as the Republican establishment goes, because there is no bottom for them. But it could turn off at least some of his voters; that in turn might force the Republican establishment to act against him.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg