Inch by inch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Inch by inch
You're nicer than I am. My family always sends me religious garbage to feed my kids, right in the ol' garbage bin it goes. My wife kinda feels bad about it because she knows they mean well, but I'd like my kids to grow up without being subjected to that before they can make up their own minds.

Good for you. Hopefully my daughter turns goes down a good path like yours!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Yay Astrophysics! Smart girl, I hope she keeps with it! I still kick myself I didn't go that route, picked aerospace engineering instead out of fear that I'd live in poverty as a scientist (well not entirely, "engineering" was supposed to be where the money was, and I guess it is for the most part, plus working for NASA or JPL is still a possibility and would be awesome), but astrophysics where my heart remains... sigh. :-) Just make sure she thoroughly researches what people do in all of those relevant professions and picks the best fit for herself (and I see from the video she's already got a good start on that).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
05-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Cool post. Thanks for sharing.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac