Incontrovertible proof God exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Incontrovertible proof God exists
From Uncommon Descent:

Moral Subjectivism - Nazis Were Doing Good and We Shouldn’t Have Stopped Them

Under moral subjectivism, good and bad are entirely subjective commodities. This means that if I think a thing is right, it is as right as is possible for moral right to exist. The principle of subjective morality authorizes an act as “morally good” if the person that performed the act believed it to be the right thing to do; that is the only framework available to moral subjectivism for an evaluation of “moral” and “immoral”. It is strictly a relationship between the actor/believer and the act.

Therefore, as long as Hitler believed his actions right, and those who carried out his orders believed similarly, then to the full extent that the principle of moral subjectivism has to authorize anything as “moral” or “good”, the holocaust was a good and moral event, and moral subjectivists must (rationally speaking) admit this. (I doubt they will, though.)

The way that moral relativists attempt to wiggle out of this is by saying that in their opinion, Hitler was behaving immorally. Unfortunately, they have no rational basis for making this statement. It is a category error, a non-sequitur under moral subjectivism, offered as if there was some means by which to pass judgement on what others consider to be right. Their principle necessarily endorses the actions of the Nazis as morally good as long as they (the Nazis) believed what they were doing was right; what anyone else thought or thinks is entirely irrelevant. The most that the principle of moral subjectivism logically allows subjectivists to say is that gassing the Jews would not be morally good for them personally to do, but that it was morally good for the Nazis to do.

Furthermore, since the principle of moral subjectivism offers no valid reason to intervene in the moral affairs of others (since it is entirely subjective and there is no objective obligation or authority to do so), and since moral relativists must admit that nothing morally wrong was occurring in the first place (in fact, only moral good was likely happening, since the Nazis believed what they were doing was right), they must hold that we should not have interfered with the Nazis.

Thus, moral subjectivism necessary means that the Nazis were doing good and we shouldn’t have stopped them.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intellige...ectivism-n azis-were-doing-good-and-we-shouldnt-have-stopped-them/

Thus, we NEED God for morality. Thus, morality, love, creativity, ethics all emanate from his divine authority.

I am so happy I was able to offer people who are a little confused about His existence some guidance, help and support.

Miss Meng takes a sip of her mineral water. Let the facts speak for themselves, shall we?

~ Miss Meng
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Incontrovertible proof God exists
You didn't even answer any questions in your first post! My life is ruined because you refuse to convert me to your religions.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
11-03-2014, 11:44 AM
My mind is blown....by the sheer retardery of this argument.

This is the epitome of all false dichotomies: essentially, you are stating the ONLY two options as being moral relativism and god-given morality. Since we oh-so clearly can't live with Hitler having been justified in his actions, therefore, god.

That is literally your argument.

How fucking stupid.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
11-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Also, I saw you assert the necessity of a god, but I must have missed the proof of the existence of a god. Can you point it out to me?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
11-03-2014, 11:48 AM
[Image: amy61f.jpg]

Hmm seems God was with the Nazis.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 13 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-03-2014, 11:48 AM
(11-03-2014 11:41 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  From Uncommon Descent:

Moral Subjectivism - Nazis Were Doing Good and We Shouldn’t Have Stopped Them STAHP RIGHT THERE!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm
[/thread]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
11-03-2014, 11:53 AM
You have merely re-raised the questions about the source of morality. You have offered a philosophical argument. Not evidence.

Go and read some Sam Harris and Daniel Dennett to broaden your understanding about sources of morality and familiarise yourself with the meaning of evidence.

I can do the same.
Theoretical internet source x, says people who speak about themselves in the 3rd person are all idiots. Therefore Miss Ming is an idiot. ... There you go, my argument is as strong as yours and has as much 'evidence'.

Monster

I take a gulp from my tea and think ... Shut the fuck up. Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 6 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
11-03-2014, 11:54 AM
(11-03-2014 11:41 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Thus, we NEED God for morality. Thus, morality, love, creativity, ethics all emanate from his divine authority.

I am so happy I was able to offer people who are a little confused about His existence some guidance, help and support.

Miss Meng takes a sip of her mineral water. Let the facts speak for themselves, shall we?

~ Miss Meng

Hi deluded Miss Thang. I see you're having some office hours with your "inbox". (wink wink)
Too bad for you, Anthropology and Logic have time again proven this bullshit to be wrong.

"Thou shalt not kill",
(unless you think you want to, for a "moral war" purpose). There is no "absolute" moral framework.

As for your evil deity,
Deuteronomy 21:18-21

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Incontrovertible proof you are an idiot troll. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Quote:Miss Meng takes a sip of her mineral water.

Did'nt you mean Kool Aide Consider

Fess up MFer, this is Drichcunt isnt it ?

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
11-03-2014, 12:01 PM
(11-03-2014 11:53 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I can do the same.
Theoretical internet source x, says people who speak about themselves in the 3rd person are all idiots.

Hey! You cut Doc deep there, Monster. Deep.

Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post