Incorruptable bodies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Incorruptable bodies
If I was a theist and someone asked me for evidence this would be the best i Had to offer. Anyway most of the saints are either mummified or covered in wax but that still does not explain the lack of decay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: Incorruptable bodies
It's easy to declare "incorruptibility" when no one is allowed to examine the bodies.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like LostLocke's post
17-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Makes the dead saints' bodies incorruptable. Let's billions of children die of malnutrition and preventable disease.

Halleluhjah! It's a miracle.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 10 users Like Paleophyte's post
17-12-2016, 08:41 PM
(17-12-2016 03:52 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Makes the dead saints' bodies incorruptable. Let's billions of children die of malnutrition and preventable disease.

I think I need to cite instances of death by disease and hunger whenever these goofy claims are made.

While your god was busy showing up on burnt toast, finding a parking space for someone, or preserving dead people, this was happening:

[Image: Children-dying-of-poverty-the-poor-28614083-500-342.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 8 users Like TheInquisition's post
17-12-2016, 08:49 PM
(17-12-2016 11:01 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  If I was a theist and someone asked me for evidence this would be the best i Had to offer. Anyway most of the saints are either mummified or covered in wax but that still does not explain the lack of decay.

That's the best you have to offer?

Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
17-12-2016, 09:15 PM
(17-12-2016 03:52 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Makes the dead saints' bodies incorruptable. Let's billions of children die of malnutrition and preventable disease.

Makes 'god' something of a dick, huh?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
17-12-2016, 09:19 PM
(17-12-2016 11:01 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  If I was a theist and someone asked me for evidence this would be the best i Had to offer. Anyway most of the saints are either mummified or covered in wax but that still does not explain the lack of decay.

That whole death cult admiration meme needs to be gone from our culture(s). Seriously. I get that we can respect the dead, but all that superstitious shit needs to be grown out of, FFS.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
17-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Photographing the Real Bodies of Incorrupt Saints
By Elizabeth Harper JUNE 30, 2015

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/pho...upt-saints

[Image: image.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
17-12-2016, 09:37 PM

Er, yeah.

I'm kinda confused. I read the thread and saw people derived the meaning of the words in your OP.

Me? Nah, this question is Right Outta Nowhere.

Just, And Here's A Topic You Didn't Expect!

Are you on drugs or drunk?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Are incorrigable.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post