Increased earthquake activity, whats going on?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Increased earthquake activity, whats going on?
(12-05-2015 11:20 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 07:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  "I'm an atheist but are the Bible prophecies true?"

Who approves these posts? Facepalm

Obvious trolling is obvious. Drinking Beverage

I think the OP is really young, and possibly referring to his/hers mothers references to the bible.

I might be wrong, but I think its more a case of immaturity/age.

There is a difference between being young and just being a retard.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2015, 05:20 PM
(09-05-2015 09:43 PM)masterx1234 Wrote:  Hey everyone im new here and i want to ask my first question and hopefully i can get a answer. As an atheist my religious mom is going absolutely nuts about all these earthquakes happening, and i myself am worried, why is there so many earthquakes happening within this short amount of time? is something happening that we should worry about? is the bible prophecy real and are we doomed? these are all questions that have been on my mind lately, but i am an atheist and i try to think logic first but this stuff has me kinda scared. so can someone at least give me a legit reason why were seeing so much increased earthquake activity??

god is angry, we need to sacrifice a goat...quickly.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
12-05-2015, 05:24 PM
(12-05-2015 05:20 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 09:43 PM)masterx1234 Wrote:  Hey everyone im new here and i want to ask my first question and hopefully i can get a answer. As an atheist my religious mom is going absolutely nuts about all these earthquakes happening, and i myself am worried, why is there so many earthquakes happening within this short amount of time? is something happening that we should worry about? is the bible prophecy real and are we doomed? these are all questions that have been on my mind lately, but i am an atheist and i try to think logic first but this stuff has me kinda scared. so can someone at least give me a legit reason why were seeing so much increased earthquake activity??

god is angry, we need to sacrifice a goat...quickly.

Well, for the vegetarians on here--let's just sacrifice an eggplant.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-05-2015, 05:36 PM
There are several million earthquakes worldwide each year. More of them are measured because there is more seismographic equipment being planted around the world. However the frequency of large damaging earthquakes is about the same every year. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/e...qstats.php

There are "new" earthquakes appearing in places that didn't have many. These are caused by a number of things including climate change and including man caused issues such as the disposal of waste water from oil/gas fracking. This is why places like Oklahoma, Texas, and North Dakota are now experiencing earthquakes.

There are preachers all over the USA who are picking up newspapers and pointing at the headline, "4.2 earthquake in Oklahoma" and telling his congregation that this is part of an endtimes Biblical prophesy. That's absolute bullshit. If there were a god, and if we were nearing endtimes, he would simply split the earth in half and throw half of it into the sun and the other half into Alpha Centauri. He/she wouldn't be fucking around with rattling pictures on the walls.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
12-05-2015, 05:38 PM
(12-05-2015 05:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 05:20 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  god is angry, we need to sacrifice a goat...quickly.

Well, for the vegetarians on here--let's just sacrifice an eggplant.

No we have to sacrifice 2 goats to make up for the likes of you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-05-2015, 05:43 PM
(12-05-2015 05:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 05:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, for the vegetarians on here--let's just sacrifice an eggplant.

No we have to sacrifice 2 goats to make up for the likes of you.

Confused
12-05-2015, 06:28 PM
(09-05-2015 11:43 PM)pablo Wrote:  I personally think the monsters from the movie 'Tremors' are responsible.
It's just as valid as anything from the bible.

It's Jebus' "one-two punch" plan for Nepal.
He loves them.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-05-2015, 06:31 PM
I've had some health issues the last few years and people sometimes say they are going to pray for me. I ask them not to do that; I would prefer that they just go Old Testament and sacrifice a goat for me. If they are really concerned about my health, sacrificing a bull is even better.
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
12-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Re: RE: Increased earthquake activity, whats going on?
(12-05-2015 06:31 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I've had some health issues the last few years and people sometimes say they are going to pray for me. I ask them not to do that; I would prefer that they just go Old Testament and sacrifice a goat for me. If they are really concerned about my health, sacrificing a bull is even better.

If they really cared about you, they'd think of all the benefits you'd reap from the sweet, sweet aroma of burning baby.
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
12-05-2015, 08:34 PM
(12-05-2015 05:20 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  god is angry, we need to sacrifice a goat...quickly.

Been tried before. I think we should instead sacrifice God to appease the goats.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post