Poll: Should abusive neg reps be jumped to top indefinitely?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 7.69% 1 7.69%
No! 23.08% 3 23.08%
No sure? 0% 0 0%
Don't care! 69.23% 9 69.23%
Total 13 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Indelible slur.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: Indelible slur.
(06-06-2014 07:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nobody is forcing you to read this thread KC.

I actually do have a duty to read all that I can on the forum Drinking Beverage

[Image: 26518307.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2014, 09:21 AM
I might be misunderstanding how the system works, but basically, it sorts based on last insertion/update date of each user's rating, correct? So, if I rate someone on 1/1, it will be sorted accordingly, then, if I update the rating on 6/6, it will bump to the top (only to fall beneath any insertions/updates that happen later)?

If this is the case, I don't really see the problem. I think it's good if someone updates their rating to have it move seeing as how each rating is 1-to-1 per user and the system doesn't track history. Since it only shows the current state, if I vote first on 1/1 the later update the rep on 6/6, it will be buried based on the original 1/1 insertion date. If the user wonders why their rep changed, it will be next to impossible to tell without sorting based on update date.

Or is this about something different and I'm completely confused?
06-06-2014, 09:24 AM
(06-06-2014 09:21 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I might be misunderstanding how the system works, but basically, it sorts based on last insertion/update date of each user's rating, correct? So, if I rate someone on 1/1, it will be sorted accordingly, then, if I update the rating on 6/6, it will bump to the top (only to fall beneath any insertions/updates that happen later)?

If this is the case, I don't really see the problem. I think it's good if someone updates their rating to have it move seeing as how each rating is 1-to-1 per user and the system doesn't track history. Since it only shows the current state, if I vote first on 1/1 the later update the rep on 6/6, it will be buried based on the original 1/1 insertion date. If the user wonders why their rep changed, it will be next to impossible to tell without sorting based on update date.

Or is this about something different and I'm completely confused?

Anytime you update a rating, whether it's changing the rep number or changing the comment, it will be bumped back up to the top.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-06-2014, 09:33 AM
(06-06-2014 07:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nobody is forcing you to read this thread KC.

I actually do have a duty to read all that I can on the forum Drinking Beverage

Yea I thought about that after I made my post, but I was committed by than so...
06-06-2014, 09:37 AM
(06-06-2014 09:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I actually do have a duty to read all that I can on the forum Drinking Beverage

Yea I thought about that after I made my post, but I was committed by than so...

I do this too. No worries.

*fistbump*

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-06-2014, 10:02 AM
(06-06-2014 09:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea I thought about that after I made my post, but I was committed by than so...
*then

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
06-06-2014, 02:24 PM
(06-06-2014 10:02 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 09:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea I thought about that after I made my post, but I was committed by than so...
*then

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

No

You should use this as well vosur.

[Image: Grammar-Cat-Meme-Plays-No-Games.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
06-06-2014, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 02:39 AM by Mr Woof.)
issue, is a preferable explanation..
FORMER MEMBER>>>>resigned 7: June 2014.
True, I may be making a fool of myself but this doesn't justify the essential issue, which is one person being made a scape goat. It could spread you know and others just might take a walk in my shoes.
[font=Impact][size=large]
If it is TTA policy to allow a member to continually (well over a year) to wish a fellow members family eternal suffering etc, every day they view their personal user file, then I think there is something wrong with the administration.

I have spent nearly 3 years on this forum. In the early days there was robust debate, good humour, and very little of the blatant abuse which appears to have been popularised today.

It appears my only option in staying on is one of placid acceptance, or to continue to make a fool of myself. It is a no win situation. I do not want to effect my health by 'flogging a dead horse' to no avail.

I categorically and publically request, from whoever is in charge, that my TTA membership is terminated and never renewed.

Thank you.
06-06-2014, 05:22 PM
(06-06-2014 04:38 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I categorically and publically request, from whoever is in charge, that my TTA membership is terminated and never renewed.

You ain't getting away that easy you old coot. You can check out, but you can never leave.

#sigh
06-06-2014, 05:24 PM
(06-06-2014 04:38 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  To date the vote is 1 yes (I wonder who?) with the bulk for apathy.
Well after one year, I am still accused of whining, self pity etc.
That's OK! I rather think asserting, over a long term issue, is a preferable explanation..

True, I may be making a fool of myself but this doesn't justify the essential issue, which is one person being made a scape goat. It could spread you know and others just might take a walk in my shoes.

If it is TTA policy to allow a member to continually (well over a year) to wish a fellow members family eternal suffering etc, every day they view their personal user file, then I think there is something wrong with the administration.

I have spent nearly 3 years on this forum. In the early days there was robust debate, good humour, and very little of the blatant abuse which appears to have been popularised today.

It appears my only option in staying on is one of placid acceptance, or to continue to make a fool of myself. It is a no win situation. I do not want to effect my health by 'flogging a dead horse' to no avail.

I categorically and publically request, from whoever is in charge, that my TTA membership is terminated and never renewed.

Thank you.

Then just fucking leave.Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube