India Pakistan partition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: India Pakistan partition
(10-06-2015 07:04 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 06:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just wondering what people thought on this, or even if anyone really knows anything about it?

Just watching a doco because it was brought up by a guy at work and I had to admit that I knew absolutely nothing about it.

It's pretty fascinating. From the little I've learned so far a line was drawn on a bit of paper by the British as they left India (following WW2 because they were broke and couldn't afford to maintain an army and the independence movement was growing) as to separate Muslim's from Hindu's and Seek's (spelling?). Hindu's wanted a united India but Muslim's, as the minority, felt an underlining dislike of them from the Hindu's and so if India was to become a democracy they felt that their interest wouldn't be fairly represented and so wanted a state of their own.

On the surface it seems reasonable to me to have two separate states. But as I've said, I don't know much about it. It would be interesting to see India today if it remained 1 country.

Yes it is fascinating. The decline of the British empire. I think Bangladesh was once part of Pakistan and it broke away.

The border of present day Pakistan was based on religious divide. If those three had become one country, it would be the most populous in the world today.

Not Bangladesh but India because of China and huge market. Pakistan because of terrorism and raw material and beautiful places.

Bangladesh was part of Pakistan but it was hard to administer a land which is far from west Pakistan and they both had big enemy country India between them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2015, 12:29 AM
(10-06-2015 06:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just wondering what people thought on this, or even if anyone really knows anything about it?

Just watching a doco because it was brought up by a guy at work and I had to admit that I knew absolutely nothing about it.

It's pretty fascinating. From the little I've learned so far a line was drawn on a bit of paper by the British as they left India (following WW2 because they were broke and couldn't afford to maintain an army and the independence movement was growing) as to separate Muslim's from Hindu's and Seek's (spelling?). Hindu's wanted a united India but Muslim's, as the minority, felt an underlining dislike of them from the Hindu's and so if India was to become a democracy they felt that their interest wouldn't be fairly represented and so wanted a state of their own.

On the surface it seems reasonable to me to have two separate states. But as I've said, I don't know much about it. It would be interesting to see India today if it remained 1 country.

India was really a badbplace to live for Muslims. Hindus use to throw dead animals in sacred places of Muslims. Biggest problem was because of cow. Cow slaughtering was normal for Muslims but mother for Hindus.
If India was never partitioned then I am sure it would have been shithole like it is already but worse.
13-06-2015, 12:30 AM
(10-06-2015 07:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  

It was a Hindu/Muslim divide, not Sikh.

Sikhs are counted as Hindus in India. They did demand for separate nation namely "Khalistan".
13-06-2015, 12:40 AM
(11-06-2015 11:07 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 07:04 PM)tomilay Wrote:  Yes it is fascinating. The decline of the British empire. I think Bangladesh was once part of Pakistan and it broke away.

The border of present day Pakistan was based on religious divide. If those three had become one country, it would be the most populous in the world today.

East Pakistan now known as Bangladesh became its own sovereign nation when West Pakistan was committing genocide in there, a lot of refugees from East Pakistan came flodding through the border tryign to escape the west Pakistani military which eventually led to the Indo-Pak war of 1971

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_War_of_1971

scandalous Nixon sent a nuclear carrier into our territory to try to meddle in this so we had the Soviets to send in a nuclear sub to tail them Big Grin

India and Bangladesh becoming a single nation would be beneficial, one of which is the border disputes we have regarding where the exact lines exactly are, and secondly both countries have people from the other living in the other without any official citizenship or any means to comeback

and unifying with Pakistan would mean the entire region would become more stable and terrorist hiding there won't have an nuclear umbrella of a failed state shielding them which is good

What do you call terrorists?
My description of a terrorist us that one who don't want others to be different than them whether he is of his faith or not and terrorize them to do what they want with force.
Well, such type of people are on both sides of borders.
13-06-2015, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2015 12:54 AM by Ace.)
(13-06-2015 12:29 AM)faisal6309 Wrote:  

India was really a badbplace to live for Muslims. Hindus use to throw dead animals in sacred places of Muslims. Biggest problem was because of cow. Cow slaughtering was normal for Muslims but mother for Hindus.
If India was never partitioned then I am sure it would have been shithole like it is already but worse.

the state of Maharashtra and several other states in my country have passed a law banning cow slaughter for religious reasons Facepalm this is just stupid

a lot of states refuse to do this, my home state of Kerala is one of em, so beef stakes ftw Drooling
13-06-2015, 12:54 AM
(13-06-2015 12:40 AM)faisal6309 Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 11:07 AM)Ace Wrote:  East Pakistan now known as Bangladesh became its own sovereign nation when West Pakistan was committing genocide in there, a lot of refugees from East Pakistan came flodding through the border tryign to escape the west Pakistani military which eventually led to the Indo-Pak war of 1971

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_War_of_1971

scandalous Nixon sent a nuclear carrier into our territory to try to meddle in this so we had the Soviets to send in a nuclear sub to tail them Big Grin

India and Bangladesh becoming a single nation would be beneficial, one of which is the border disputes we have regarding where the exact lines exactly are, and secondly both countries have people from the other living in the other without any official citizenship or any means to comeback

and unifying with Pakistan would mean the entire region would become more stable and terrorist hiding there won't have an nuclear umbrella of a failed state shielding them which is good

What do you call terrorists?
My description of a terrorist us that one who don't want others to be different than them whether he is of his faith or not and terrorize them to do what they want with force.
Well, such type of people are on both sides of borders.

by terrorist I'm taking about folks like Bin laden who can hide there without getting caught

as for terrorists in India they are mostly conservatives Hindu's trying to frame Muslims in a bad light, one culprit was considering to tell the world about his involvement and connection to this but his fellow troublemakers killed him but the truth got out quickly
13-06-2015, 01:52 AM
(13-06-2015 12:49 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 12:29 AM)faisal6309 Wrote:  India was really a badbplace to live for Muslims. Hindus use to throw dead animals in sacred places of Muslims. Biggest problem was because of cow. Cow slaughtering was normal for Muslims but mother for Hindus.

the state of Maharashtra and several other states in my country have passed a law banning cow slaughter for religious reasons Facepalm this is just stupid

a lot of states refuse to do this, my home state of Kerala is one of em, so beef stakes ftw Drooling

That is what I was talking about. Pakistan was created for Muslims and people of other religion with total freedom. Sadly today's Pakistan is unable to protect their minorities too.

Many other sects of Hindus eat beef too. Even your old judge of supreme court say that he eats beef. These religious fanatics were cause of India's partition. Deoband is on your side. We are gald for it. TTP that we are fighting are deobandi. They are very dangerous. Even more dangerous than Wahabbis.