Indian Girl Discovered Living in Forest With Monkeys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2017, 05:52 AM
Indian Girl Discovered Living in Forest With Monkeys
Interesting story:

Time

Quote: (LUCKNOW, INDIA) - Indian police are reviewing reports of missing children to try to identify a girl who was found living in a forest with a group of monkeys.

The girl, believed to be 10 to 12 years old, was unable to speak, was wearing no clothes and was emaciated when she discovered in January and taken to a hospital in Bahraich, a town in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India.

She behaved like an animal, running on her arms and legs and eating food off the floor with her mouth, said D.K. Singh, chief medical superintendent of the government-run hospital.

After treatment, she has begun walking normally and eating with her hands.

“She is still not able to speak, but understands whatever you tell her and even smiles,” Singh said.

I'm curious to see how long she had been with the monkeys. Hopefully she has family to be reunited with.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
07-04-2017, 06:37 AM
RE: Indian Girl Discovered Living in Forest With Monkeys
:snork: I looked to make sure this was the "Weekly World News" subforum.

Smartass

The back story should be interesting indeed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
07-04-2017, 06:41 AM
(07-04-2017 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  :snork: I looked to make sure this was the "Weekly World News" subforum.

Smartass

Lol. Time magazine reported it, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, the Weekly World News was awesome. Who didn't love "Batboy"??? Evil_monster

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
07-04-2017, 06:43 AM
(07-04-2017 06:41 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  :snork: I looked to make sure this was the "Weekly World News" subforum.

Smartass

Lol. Time magazine reported it, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, the Weekly World News was awesome. Who didn't love "Batboy"??? Evil_monster
Not complaining. Batboy has saved me from going completely sane in the checkout lanes more than once. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
07-04-2017, 06:48 AM
(07-04-2017 06:43 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Not complaining. Batboy has saved me from going completely sane in the checkout lanes more than once. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, never go completely sane!
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
07-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Tragic if true. The language centers of the brain develop during infancy so she will likely never be able to communicate properly.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
07-04-2017, 02:57 PM
I love a bit of monkey news
07-04-2017, 03:51 PM
(07-04-2017 05:52 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Interesting story:

Time

Quote: (LUCKNOW, INDIA) - Indian police are reviewing reports of missing children to try to identify a girl who was found living in a forest with a group of monkeys.

The girl, believed to be 10 to 12 years old, was unable to speak, was wearing no clothes and was emaciated when she discovered in January and taken to a hospital in Bahraich, a town in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India.

She behaved like an animal, running on her arms and legs and eating food off the floor with her mouth, said D.K. Singh, chief medical superintendent of the government-run hospital.

After treatment, she has begun walking normally and eating with her hands.

“She is still not able to speak, but understands whatever you tell her and even smiles,” Singh said.

I'm curious to see how long she had been with the monkeys. Hopefully she has family to be reunited with.

It's interesting but does not pass the smell test. Especially the suggestion that she wasn't using her arms to pick food up. It's for the same reason animals don't change their morphology and innate behavior just for being in captivity. They don't suddenly try to walk on two's and eat using silverware like people. It's a variant of what is obviously a popular kind of story they like in India.

Monkeys are wild animals. Even if we make that leap of faith, how would a baby with a soft spot on the head survive such a rough environment? It would not last a day. I'll believe it if I see in a reputable peer reviewed scientific journal.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
07-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Interesting...

Confused I wonder if she was deliberately dumped.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-04-2017, 06:44 PM
And in related news, monkeys were found living among humans.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.