Indiana

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: Indiana
It would be a really good thing to put up a website that has a listing of "My god sez you're an asshole, so I refuse you service" types --- so everyone can take their business elsewhere....

Personally, I find neo-Nazis to be complete asshats, unworthy of breathing the same air as sane people ---- but, I'm not going to refuse to take their money in a business transaction..

That's just stupid.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Been really, really busy with work, the universe and everything. I've had time to quickly browse lately but not much more. I actually think I owe someone a response in another thread but not sure which one or what topic. Sorry, I'm not ignoring anyone. Just really overwhelmed. I'm actually at work right now but taking a dinner break and saw this thread and needed to respond.

First, I need to respond to this:

(29-03-2015 01:49 PM)Billy Bob Wrote:  Law has become what the rich pay for and nobody can make a significant move without paying or becoming a lawyer.

YES! Lawyers are the greatest people in our society and we should all be happy we have them. They should be paid like star athletes. Labron James' salary should be nothing compared to lawyers. Lawyers are the atheistic version of Gods.

ALL HAIL THE LAWYERS!!!!

Anyway, couple of things on this.

First in answer to the question of is it better to force someone to do business with despite their religious beliefs? Yes, it is. Absolutely. This "religious freedom" stuff is bullshit. This is not about freedom. It's about discrimination, period. This battle was fought 50 years ago, and the bigots lost. Claiming "it's against my religion" doesn't give you an excuse to be a bigot. You want to hate gays, Jews, blacks, etc. that's your right. You want to complain about them and scream "faggot", "kike", "nigger" ,that's your right too. What is not your right is to open a business to the public and exclude them.

Governor Pence can claim this is about religious freedom all he wants but that is not the truth. The truth is that this is about bigotry, period. Last night I watched the video of him trying to defend this bullshit law on "This Week". George Snuffleupagus asked him like 6 times a simple "yes" or "no" question about whether or not this law gives people the right to discriminate against gays and lesbians. Pence flat out refused to answer the question and insisted that was not the proper question. He's dead fucking wrong. That is exactly the question. That is the reason that people are calling for boycotts. And, he could have ended it all by saying "no, people can't discriminate under this law". That he refused to do so is very much an answer.

Finally, Hey Patriot

Do some basic fucking research before you throw shit onto this forum. No one refused to bake a bible cake. No one. They refused to make a bible cake with anti-gay sentiments on it but were more than happy to bake a bible cake. Same with the t-shirt. There is a difference between refusing to take a specific job because you find it offensive vs. excluding an entire class of people because you find them offense. They are not the same thing. They are not even close to the same thing. And, for the record, forcing people to do business with the whole public does not prevent them from exercising their religion. You are free to believe whatever bronze age bullshit you want. You are free to judge complete strangers by whatever fucked up, 5,000 year old standards you choose. But, open a business to the public and you serve the public. The whole public. That's the way it works.

This bullshit argument didn't work when white southerners didn't want to do business with blacks. It doesn't hold up against gays, either.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 6 users Like BnW's post
30-03-2015, 06:11 PM
I should add my opinion after the dead horse stuff, just to give the dead horse a final kick.

I think we are way beyond the time in which any political, democraticly elected body will be able to use legal measures to successfully inforce state discrimination against homosexuals and gain popular support through such a move. Social acceptance of homosexuality and gay marriage is here to stay, so deal with it.
The state of Indiana is only going to harm itself with this move since popular opinion will move against it, it`s government and it`s Cletus population.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
30-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Quote:In Colorado recently, a bakery refused to make a cake shaped like a Bible. And a t-shirt printing company owned by a lesbian couple refused to make religious shirts or shirts that had anti-gay statements because it went against their beliefs.

Could we get some evidence of that....instead of having to take your word for it. BTW, you may have guessed that your credibility is not all that high.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
30-03-2015, 07:56 PM
(30-03-2015 07:08 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:In Colorado recently, a bakery refused to make a cake shaped like a Bible. And a t-shirt printing company owned by a lesbian couple refused to make religious shirts or shirts that had anti-gay statements because it went against their beliefs.

Could we get some evidence of that....instead of having to take your word for it. BTW, you may have guessed that your credibility is not all that high.

The story is true, but that's not all the facts.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
31-03-2015, 12:18 AM
I beginning to hate the word rights but it is what we have.
I will not do this is a right. Why is not relevant.
We will not do this is not a right. Why is relevant.
Businesses are comsidered a group and must not be allowed to discriminate on the basis of etc.

One cockroach at a time.
31-03-2015, 06:13 PM
The problem is that religious freedom has expanded to include things other than just being able to practice a certain religion. Now you don't have to serve people your religion doesn't agree with. Pharmacists don't have to sell you birth control if it disagrees with their religion. Your employer doesn't have to offer you insurance that pays for birth control, etc. It's expanded well beyond its original intent.
31-03-2015, 06:16 PM
(30-03-2015 06:11 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I should add my opinion after the dead horse stuff, just to give the dead horse a final kick.

I think we are way beyond the time in which any political, democraticly elected body will be able to use legal measures to successfully inforce state discrimination against homosexuals and gain popular support through such a move. Social acceptance of homosexuality and gay marriage is here to stay, so deal with it.
The state of Indiana is only going to harm itself with this move since popular opinion will move against it, it`s government and it`s Cletus population.

They gain popular support with their base through such a move. The very same people who somehow believe that they will go to hell for serving gay people. Even though they have no doubt served other sinners and didn't know it. The better question is why the fascination with homosexuality? There are less than a handful of verses that reference it in the bible. Other sins are mentioned FAR more times than being gay. Why are they so obsessed with it?
[+] 1 user Likes BeardFist McFistBeard's post
31-03-2015, 06:20 PM
As fucked up as this is, I still find it encouraging.

Death throes all around, it's gonna get worse before it gets better, but it's happening. The very fact that they're going to these lengths, and the country's reaction to it is more evidence that religion is losing its grip.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 8 users Like evenheathen's post
01-04-2015, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 07:56 AM by Patriot10mm.)
(31-03-2015 06:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  As fucked up as this is, I still find it encouraging.

Death throes all around, it's gonna get worse before it gets better, but it's happening. The very fact that they're going to these lengths, and the country's reaction to it is more evidence that religion is losing its grip.
Is that a good thing? I used to believe it would be. Now I'm not so sure.

It seems America isn't benefiting at all from more people turning away from religion. I'm not really encountering more atheists out there. What I do see are so called religious people that don't live a godly life. They say they're believers, wear a cross around their neck, but don't follow their religion at all. Its like they believe in god only because they fear the idea of death and want to go to heaven, but do not want to live the judeo-christian way.

Is America any better with people living like this? More people might be supporting gay marriage and abortion these days but moral decay is in full force. Divorce rates, infidelity, 12 year olds sending sexual text messages and being in adult style relationships, gangster culture, drugs everywhere, sex on TV.

I had hoped that an America that started moving from religion would become more educated, our children focusing on math and science. But it seems like kids don't know anything these days. My 15 year old didn't even know who Wyatt Earp was. She'd couldn't name any major battles of the revolutionary war or civil war. School has become a place where kids hang out with there friends and build social networks. They don't really learn anything. We're falling behind other nations in our education rankings.

Where is the benefit?

Death is a debt we all must pay.