Indiana

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: Indiana
(04-04-2015 01:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wyatt Earp has two six-guns. If he fires two shots at Billy Clanton and three shots at Ike Clanton, how many shots does he have left?

Extra credit: What kind of six guns did Wyatt Earp have?

If it's a movie, he has 39 rounds left.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
04-04-2015, 02:35 PM
(04-04-2015 02:00 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 01:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wyatt Earp has two six-guns. If he fires two shots at Billy Clanton and three shots at Ike Clanton, how many shots does he have left?

If it's a movie, he has 39 rounds left.

Because it wasn't about the movie, you get half credit for an incorrect but creative answer. Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2015, 02:37 PM
(04-04-2015 02:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 02:00 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  If it's a movie, he has 39 rounds left.

Because it wasn't about the movie, you get half credit for an incorrect but creative answer. Cool

The answer is obviously "None cause da gub'mint dun took his guns"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-04-2015, 01:40 AM
(04-04-2015 12:05 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 11:57 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  And that is exactly why the religious right are fighting against abortion rights: it is the last lever they have in their fight to keep women barefoot and pregnant.

Or maybe they're disgusted by the thought of a human baby chopped into pieces and sucked out by a vacuum? Consider

Oddly enough, they have no problem at all sending young men off to foreign countries to be blown apart.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
05-04-2015, 01:45 AM
(05-04-2015 01:40 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 12:05 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Or maybe they're disgusted by the thought of a human baby chopped into pieces and sucked out by a vacuum? Consider

Oddly enough, they have no problem at all sending young men off to foreign countries to be blown apart.

[Image: george-carlin_00386516.jpg]

[Image: II6uj.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-04-2015, 02:19 AM

7 shots left.

The Clanton brothers would place this specific shootout as the famous one at the O.K. Corral. So while Wyatt and his brothers did use any number of different firearms over their lives, at least here we might narrow it down a bit. Honestly, I tried looking into this, but I'm not sure what he had. Popular myth has him tied to the .45 Colt Bluntline Special, but that appears to be more misinformation and 'big fish' story telling than anything.

If Wyatt was armed anything like his brother Virgil, then he had a Smith and Wesson Model 3 Schofield break-top revolver, most likely nickle plated.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
05-04-2015, 09:33 AM
(04-04-2015 11:36 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I can agree with pretty much all of that. Your hypothesis is probably correct. I would still call it moral decay. I still think all of these divorces, single mother households, multiple marriages with kids from multiple fathers is fucking up America. Morally, I'm not against pre-marital sex or divorce, but I pay attention to shit. I can walk in wal-mart and I'm disgusted by what I see. Druggies. Dumb fucks. Gangsters. Thieves. This country is not what it used to be. It is moral decay. It's a lack of morals all around, even if it's unrelated to religion. Honestly, I blame liberalism, but I bet you knew that.

I'm not sure I agree with you that there is a massive societal problem that is dragging us completely down (I know those were not your exact words but that is certainly the inference). But, there is no denying there is a problem.

As for the cause of the problems we have, I'm going to shock you and tell you that I agree that liberalism bears some (although not all) responsibility. We've created huge enclaves of grasshoppers in this society and they are sitting back and watching the ants get up and go to work. In the 1960s, LBJ, with what I think were good intentions, declared war on poverty. Well, it's 50 years later and the war is over; poverty won. The purpose of the the entitlement system was to help people get back on their feet. What happened was entitlements became a way of life for some people and entire communities became wards of the state. In 1970, the Supreme Court set the stage for this permanent poverty in Goldberg v. Kelly, where they ruled that welfare is basically a property right protected by the Constitution and taking it away from someone required Due Process, which was set out as requiring at least an evidentiary hearing, with lawyers and witnesses. That level of legal protection created an entire bureaucracy, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Minorities in this country are abused and taken advantage of in so many ways, it's not worth even listing them all. The most egregious abuse, though, is the promise of entitlements and welfare. And, as I see it, it works like this: we promise you housing, food and just enough money to get by and in return we will offer you crappy schools, limited employment opportunities and a police force that is not there to protect you as much as harass you, leading to high crime rates and violence. And, what a great fucking deal it is, too. And, the solution we get from the left is to keep pouring money into this fucked up system. It's madness.

Here's one that hits closer to home for me: the savings rates in this country. I'm 46. I saw something recently that the average person my age has, at this point, put away something like $170k towards their retirement. That's average. There are people who have put away zero. In 20 years, when these people want to start retiring, and can't afford to, who's fault is that going to be? I can already envision the impassioned speeches from the floor of Congress about how we are letting this generation suffer and they will all starve. And the grasshoppers are going to win again. And, people like me, who take home less money because I'm saving for retirement, are going to be asked to hand over more and more of our cash to bail these people out.

It is a problem. The idea that people are not accountable or responsible for themselves is a huge problem.

Of course, it cuts both ways. It's not just individuals. The so-called "capitalists" that the conservatives all rally around are some of the biggest leaches in our society. We funnel money to them for all sorts of things and when they fuck up, we bail them out. In 2008 we saw the largest transfer of wealth - from the middle class to the ultra rich - in the history of civilization. The Versailles Treaty didn't fuck over Germany as much as the bailouts fucked over the American middle class. Everyone focused on TARP and the 7 billion dollars we handed over. But, that was not even half of it. In fact, it was about 10% of it. The US tax payers took on 7 TRILLION dollars of liability as part of the bailouts. Enough to annihilate the US economy and turn us into a Mad Max type of society. These bastards have committed crime after crime, stealing from tax payers and local governments and ripping off their pensions. But, who do we go after? School teachers.

You want to go to this free market utopia, I wish you luck. History shows it's not going to work out the way you think it will. There are people sucking at the public teat on both sides of the spectrum. And, while there are more people on the bottom rung, the top rung is doing dramatically more damage.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
05-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Why is it important to know about Wyatt Earp? It serves no practical purpose whatsoever. I can only keep so much information available in my mind, and do I want it to be how to test for biological contaminants in water and roadway design, or do I want it to be a bunch of old west gunslingers? Add to that I'm not good with names and dates. I'm great with processes and causes. Not good with names.

I don't see a moral decline in this country. Single parents? There have always been single parents. We're just more aware now since we don't shove them in tenements and halfway houses. Besides, isn't it better for a kid to be raised by a divorced parent than in a household where the mom is a silent character who cries? Isn't it better for the kid to see their mother as an independent entity than a vassal of their father?

Teenage pregnancy is about the same as it's always been (lower, actually, except in highly religious areas where evangelicals are more likely to get pregnant and to have repeat teen abortions), since people are delaying marriage into their late twenties and thirties. Teach kids about contraceptives and teen pregnancy will drop.

As for abortion, you don't know what the fuck you're taking about. Most are done early, in fact IIRC the majority are medical abortions which are done within the first 12-14 weeks and involve taking a pill that causes the embryo to detach. This isn't a child. It's a clump of cells and meat. A grey mass that most people couldn't tell was an embryo.