Indict FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler for Corruption

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Indict FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler for Corruption
Not usually what I'd post, and perhaps it won't do any good... But hell.

-

On April 23rd, the FCC decided to allow Internet Service Providers (ISPs) the right to charge content creators for access to an internet "fast lane". This decision will allow ISPs to favor large businesses that agree to play by their rules, let them reduce the speed and performance of websites which compete with their services, and will restrict the ability of individuals and small businesses to effectively reach consumers over the internet.

We ask President Obama to uphold his 2007, 2010, and January 2014 promises to uphold Net Neutrality by taking the following steps:

1. Overrule the April 23rd decision

2. Urge the FCC to reclassify ISPs as common carriers

3. Ask for the resignation of current FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler

4. Indict former industry lobbyist Tom Wheeler for corruption

-

Please sign the petition, here: http://wh.gov/lfBFS

If it gets a couple hundred signatures it will become visible on the main listing of petitions. Then it can be sent to news outlets and groups like Demand Progress, where it should take off.

I don't think President Obama will really listen to this petition, or any other. Even if it gets >100,000 signatures. Certainly he'll never indict Tom Wheeler; the most we could possibly hope for is his resignation. But if enough people start clamoring for this corrupt douchebag's head, maybe he'll finally take action. So give me a hand and sign it, and maybe we can get *something* done. Wink

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply