Indictements Granted Against Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Indictements Granted Against Trump
(13-05-2017 08:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 08:47 PM)Fireball Wrote:  One can only hope. Then the 3rd in line (or whomever is eventually found to be sufficiently non-blameworthy) can run the place pro tem until new elections are held. Hobo Best news I've seen in weeks! Yes

Think that's Paul Ryan.

Got another fucking head cold, so I'm not gonna google it, but I think the order of successions was changed, and it might be Tillerson, next. Unless, of course, given recent developments turns out to also be in the same bath water as the Chump.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2017, 09:38 PM
(13-05-2017 09:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 08:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Think that's Paul Ryan.

Got another fucking head cold, so I'm not gonna google it, but I think the order of successions was changed, and it might be Tillerson, next. Unless, of course, given recent developments turns out to also be in the same bath water as the Chump.

Nope. It's still Ryan, then Hatch, then Tillerson. Looking at those names ...

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-05-2017, 09:46 PM
News reports indicate there are Grand Juries involved in all of this, one in Virginia, one in New York.

https://www.palmerreport.com/news/ny-gra...rump/2730/

The revelation comes from U.S Senator Ed Markey of Massachusetts, who conducted a television interview about the matter and then posted it to his own official Twitter account today. At around the 1:40 mark of the interview, Senator Markey first confirms what was already known: “Subpoenas have now been issued in Northern Virginia with regard to General Flynn and General Flynn’s associates.”

But then he adds the detail about the separate state level case: “a grand jury has been empaneled up in New York.” Our earlier reporting on this matter, based on sourcing first shared by Democratic insider Claude Taylor and later confirmed by Republican insider Rick Wilson, is that there are two separate federal cases underway regarding Donald Trump. One is a RICO (money laundering) case and the other is a FARA (foreign agent) case.

-----

It is too early to be sure about any of this until more details are released and confirmed. But it's looking grim at this point. I suspect tomorrow will be a very busy day for many investigative reporters.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
13-05-2017, 10:35 PM
(13-05-2017 09:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 08:25 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/excl...ald-trump/

Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.

----------------

Buckle up space cadets! Here we go!

Lock him up! Lock him up!

While I wouldn't be sad, I'm having trouble believing this. It's from basically what amounts to a blog post.

Also they would, I believe to hold a grand jury hearing....before any indictments could be issued.

I'm not saying this is "fake news" but it could be just that.

I dunno I'm cynical that anyone would actually try to stop him.

Agreed. I'll wait for judgement until mainstream news sources confirm it.

The rationale for there being an indictment but no prosecution makes no sense. If Clinton could be deposed in a civil suit, Trump can face a jury on criminal charges. The president could not be prosecuted for carrying out official acts as president, but that does not mean things like corruption would count as "official acts". It appears to me, at least, that the story has a built-in excuse for if nothing ever progresses with these "indictments".
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
13-05-2017, 10:47 PM
(13-05-2017 10:35 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 09:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While I wouldn't be sad, I'm having trouble believing this. It's from basically what amounts to a blog post.

Also they would, I believe to hold a grand jury hearing....before any indictments could be issued.

I'm not saying this is "fake news" but it could be just that.

I dunno I'm cynical that anyone would actually try to stop him.

Agreed. I'll wait for judgement until mainstream news sources confirm it.

The rationale for there being an indictment but no prosecution makes no sense. If Clinton could be deposed in a civil suit, Trump can face a jury on criminal charges. The president could not be prosecuted for carrying out official acts as president, but that does not mean things like corruption would count as "official acts". It appears to me, at least, that the story has a built-in excuse for if nothing ever progresses with these "indictments".

In much the same way, Saddam Hussein was tried for crimes he committed before becoming "President" of Iraq (IIRC). Any way one slices it, I'll be glad when the toilet gets flushed and the orange turd and his coterie of nepots swirl down the drain.

Now, a question. Supposing the Chump does go down. What kind of activity will we see from the alt-right, and will their vocal representatives crawl back under the rocks that they came out from under? That's a lot to ask, I know. Look at how his rhetoric has emboldened these pricks.
13-05-2017, 10:54 PM
(13-05-2017 08:41 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 08:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Oh, boy. Pence the Jesustard would be president. Some fucking choice.

There really should be a way we the people should be able to remove an entire administration if it's found to illegitimate by colluding with a foreign power.

There is. The "people" fucked it up in 2016.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
13-05-2017, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2017 11:46 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-05-2017 09:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  As much as I hate trump.......and OMG it's a mega hate that's off the Hate Measurement Scale....I'd like to see trump wallow in his own pig sty shit until the 2018 elections. This would give the Dems a better chance of gaining control of the Senate. If we get rid of him now the voting public, who has short term memory problems, could be lured back into voting for a bunch more religious right politicians.

^^^^^ This. The idiots who voted for him have not really even begun to get what they did. I want to see health care fail again, AFTER many more very contentious town meetings, and the budget fail also when people get what a non-budget it is, and if he goes now, the nonsense of "bringing coal back" etc etc, won't have had a chance to fail, as well as his other stupid promises, and they'll still blame the Dems. And I want more family corruption exposed. Last weekend, his son-in-law was in China, telling them they could expedite their visa applications, if they invested in his company. That's soliciting bribes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-05-2017, 06:17 AM
This from Politico.

Is it time for Trump staff to lawyer up?
Veterans of Washington's scandals say that with subpoenas coming from Congress and an FBI investigation still active, staffers would be wise to seek counsel.
By DARREN SAMUELSOHN 05/14/17 07:02 AM EDT

"It’s an axiom of Washington scandals that the cover-up tends to be worse than the crime—and it’s lower- or mid-level people who wind up getting caught in the worst legal trouble, usually for tangential offenses like perjury or obstruction of justice.

The ancillary stuff, like a forgotten meeting or a discarded document, can cause the most serious problems for staffers navigating the unfamiliar, expensive and high-stakes world of grand juries, subpoenas and congressional hearings, where the prospects of perjury or obstruction of justice charges can be filed for both unintended slip-ups or intentional attempts to cover up for a superior.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
14-05-2017, 07:43 AM
(13-05-2017 08:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 08:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Oh, boy. Pence the Jesustard would be president. Some fucking choice.
Pence is an asshole but I doubt he had any idea this shit was going on.
One gets the sense that anytime Pence gets a whiff of anything he could possibly be seen as colluding in, he starts to whistle an aimless tune and leaves the room and wanders to the furthest part of the West Wing he can. That would certainly be the Machiavellian thing to do, and I have always thought, he would not debase himself by becoming Trump's #2 if he didn't think there was a fair chance he would end up with the #1 slot.

On the other hand Pence co-chairs the sham "election fraud commission" which is just about limiting voter choice and reducing voter turnout disproportionately for liberals. Still -- that is technically legal.

One must also keep in mind that even if Trump were impeached today, it might take two or three years to complete the job, and unlike Nixon, Trump would not see the handwriting on the wall and would not resign.

If dems take back even just a Senate majority in the midterms, Trump is under the cloud of impeachment, etc., then expect the GOP to be swept out of the house and the presidency in 2020 and if Pence is president at all, it'll only be for a short time.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
14-05-2017, 08:04 AM
(13-05-2017 08:41 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  

There really should be a way we the people should be able to remove an entire administration if it's found to illegitimate by colluding with a foreign power.

It is one of those things we should learn from this fiasco and change the constitution accordingly. But here, nothing happens without a fight. Not even the most obvious sensible changes.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post