Indictements Granted Against Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: Indictements Granted Against Trump
(13-05-2017 08:41 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 08:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Oh, boy. Pence the Jesustard would be president. Some fucking choice.

There really should be a way we the people should be able to remove an entire administration if it's found to illegitimate by colluding with a foreign power.

Maybe three impeachments in rapid succession?
T Rump, then Pense and then the next guy?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
25-05-2017, 08:42 AM
(13-05-2017 08:25 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/excl...ald-trump/

Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.

----------------

Buckle up space cadets! Here we go!

Lock him up! Lock him up!

This was partially debunked by Snopes.

No
25-05-2017, 08:44 AM
(21-05-2017 04:45 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 08:41 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  There really should be a way we the people should be able to remove an entire administration if it's found to illegitimate by colluding with a foreign power.

Maybe three impeachments in rapid succession?
T Rump, then Pense and then the next guy?

I believe in our system. It's working nicely to keep Trump in check. With any luck, Trump will be a kind of long-term lame duck.

No
[+] 1 user Likes neurotibotical's post
25-05-2017, 11:58 AM
(13-05-2017 08:25 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/excl...ald-trump/

Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.

----------------

Never heard of that link. Is this showing up on places like ABC NBC CNN MSNBC Washington Post?

I am sure there is dirt but I don't want us to get our hopes up or fall for fake news like Brietbart or Info Wars.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2017, 12:03 PM
I am not seeing anything on major media about this.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
25-05-2017, 12:29 PM
(25-05-2017 11:58 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  

----------------

Never heard of that link. Is this showing up on places like ABC NBC CNN MSNBC Washington Post?

I am sure there is dirt but I don't want us to get our hopes up or fall for fake news like Brietbart or Info Wars.
Patribotics is on my Twitter feed, provisionally, but I'm not sure it's trustworthy. It strikes me as a potential source of leaks / scuttlebutt that no one is quite willing to openly stand behind and don't (yet) have multiple sources, from people who know people. Sort of an early warning system. It has a patina of real journalistic sensibility about it, and I believe it has accurately predicted a couple of stories that ended up in the national media. I would take it with a grain of salt, but it's worth eyeballing.
25-05-2017, 12:49 PM
(25-05-2017 12:29 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 11:58 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Never heard of that link. Is this showing up on places like ABC NBC CNN MSNBC Washington Post?

Patribotics is on my Twitter feed, provisionally, but I'm not sure it's trustworthy. It strikes me as a potential source of leaks / scuttlebutt that no one is quite willing to openly stand behind and don't (yet) have multiple sources, from people who know people. Sort of an early warning system. It has a patina of real journalistic sensibility about it, and I believe it has accurately predicted a couple of stories that ended up in the national media. I would take it with a grain of salt, but it's worth eyeballing.

Small does not mean wrong no, but the bigger the chain with a longer history of fact checking helps. Multiple sources reporting the same thing is a huge indicator.

I simply don't want liberals falling for what Trump supporters fall for.

3 million more people than Trump's voters would agree that we all want him out but it still has to be fact based, not wish based or made up.

I am currently thinking that there are still to many GOP in congress who will keep the asshole for the win and ignore the facts. I think our only bet for exposing him is intel protecting the constitution not the person. I think we still have lots of lagit media that will dig as much as it takes.

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
25-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Here's an interesting article about the lady who came up with the story:
https://redux.slate.com/cover-stories/20...orist.html

...pretty sure snopes even rated it as false.
[+] 1 user Likes Grauwyler's post
25-05-2017, 01:33 PM
(25-05-2017 12:49 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 12:29 PM)mordant Wrote:  Patribotics is on my Twitter feed, provisionally, but I'm not sure it's trustworthy. It strikes me as a potential source of leaks / scuttlebutt that no one is quite willing to openly stand behind and don't (yet) have multiple sources, from people who know people. Sort of an early warning system. It has a patina of real journalistic sensibility about it, and I believe it has accurately predicted a couple of stories that ended up in the national media. I would take it with a grain of salt, but it's worth eyeballing.

Small does not mean wrong no, but the bigger the chain with a longer history of fact checking helps. Multiple sources reporting the same thing is a huge indicator.

I simply don't want liberals falling for what Trump supporters fall for.
I totally agree. On the other hand, a handful of multinational corporations own all the national media, which in turn undermines ITS credibility. MSNBC for instance is inexplicably hiring conservative commentators / talking heads, and I do not see the national media consistently taking effective, principled stands against Trump's perfidy, so I pay attention to Democracy Now, the Intercept, and similar -- plus select media in other countries like the Guardian, and to a much lesser extent, sources like Patribotics. I don't trust any of them fully, but over time, you do get a sense of what each outlet is best / worst at, and you start to evolve a sense of what's really happening.
25-05-2017, 01:42 PM
(25-05-2017 12:55 PM)Grauwyler Wrote:  Here's an interesting article about the lady who came up with the story:
https://redux.slate.com/cover-stories/20...orist.html

...pretty sure snopes even rated it as false.
Yeah that confirms my impression of Patribotics. It is an odd mixture of credible journalism, has had some reports confirmed, but also goes of the rails on a regular basis. It's obvious that formal notification of impeachment proceedings would be reported by multiple outlets and would be big news, not the sole scoop of a little liberal blog. My thinking is that if you ignore the obvious red meat, you can find useful clues here and there, but it's not for the faint of heart.

It's a somewhat less extreme political version of the national tabloids, one of which I noted, today, as I went through the grocery checkout, was reporting that Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin had fled the country "on their private jet" to escape imprisonment. As "shocking photo proof" it offered pictures of the two obviously and inexpertly photoshopped into a photograph of aircraft windows. Patribotics hasn't reached that level of gleeful lack of tethering to reality, lacking, as it does, the visual element.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post