"Indoctrination"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: "Indoctrination"
(24-08-2012 12:34 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 12:14 PM)Ghost Wrote:  I am so not interested in having another dictionary fight. They are ever so tedious. Please don't read any further into that than what it is. The lack of desire to expend energy waxing semantically.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
You decided to cherry-pick the definition of one dictionary to suit your argument, ignoring the other definitions of your very own source. Additionally, being faced with all the other dictionary definitions that don't match yours, you proclaim that you're not interested in the discussion anymore. It shouldn't be that hard to admit that you were wrong once in your lifetime, Ghost. Drinking Beverage

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe...80&bih=913

You go girl...

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Hey, Vosur.

Uh, huh. Yeah. If it looks like I'm disinterested in what you're saying, it's just because I'm eating my delicious bacon and eggs <mnawm mnawm mnawm>. By all means though, continue flogging your dead horse. I'm all ears.

OR, and bear with me now, you could look up tedium in that dictionary of yours and let a man bow out of a boring as fuck conversation without assuming so much.
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
24-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Boring, arrogant, disrespectful, must have the last word no matter how useless the argument....

I wonder who I'm thinking about? Consider

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
24-08-2012, 01:09 PM
(24-08-2012 12:45 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Uh, huh. Yeah. If it looks like I'm disinterested in what you're saying, it's just because I'm eating my delicious bacon and eggs <mnawm mnawm mnawm>. By all means though, continue flogging your dead horse. I'm all ears.
Thanks for the insight into your character. I can see that I won't have to waste my time on further debates with you, knowing you're either too arrogant or too ignorant to admit that you're wrong, despite being presented with evidence to the contrary of your position. Either way, there's nothing for me to gain from talking to you.

(24-08-2012 12:45 PM)Ghost Wrote:  OR, and bear with me now, you could look up tedium in that dictionary of yours and let a man bow out of a boring as fuck conversation without assuming so much.
I assume you meant to say dictionaries. Consider

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition...&q=tedious
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tedious
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tedious?s=t
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe...80&bih=913

You're welcome and good riddance.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-08-2012, 01:11 PM
(24-08-2012 12:45 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Vosur.

Uh, huh. Yeah. If it looks like I'm disinterested in what you're saying, it's just because I'm eating my delicious bacon and eggs <mnawm mnawm mnawm>. By all means though, continue flogging your dead horse. I'm all ears.

OR, and bear with me now, you could look up tedium in that dictionary of yours and let a man bow out of a boring as fuck conversation without assuming so much.

Do be so defensive. It's not a big deal, just an exercise in argumentation. Being wrong is also an opportunity to be correct!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
24-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Thomas, I don't give a fuck about anything you have to say and I dislike you as a person, so take your snide comments and go fuck yourself.
24-08-2012, 01:21 PM
"Indoctrination"
(24-08-2012 01:13 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Thomas, I don't give a fuck about anything you have to say and I dislike you as a person, so take your snide comments and go fuck yourself.

This is where my self-diagnosed Aspergers pops out and shows I'm too literal. Just how would one fuck themselves with a snide comment? I really would like to see how that's done. It might give me something sexy to do in a Friday night.

Oh, and without regard to who's wrong or right, dictionary debates are indeed boring as fuck and I would bow out too.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Vosur, Jesus Christ, dude. There's a difference between not having an argument and not caring to participate in one. I have an argument. What I don't have is the patience to sit through another 10 pages for no good reason. But you made the conversation about semantics and I want no part of it because I've been there and I've done that and it's tedious. So I bowed out. It's as simple as that. I thought (possibly foolishly that that was reasonable). But you couldn't let it drop or you couldn't accept that I just didn't want to waste my energy so you come after me with all this just admit you're wrong crap. Well I'm sorry if I don't wanna be goaded back into the conversation and I'm sorry if that pisses you off. Just barely sorry.
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
24-08-2012, 01:34 PM
(24-08-2012 01:13 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Thomas, I don't give a fuck about anything you have to say and I dislike you as a person, so take your snide comments and go fuck yourself.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
24-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias. Cherry picking may be committed unintentionally.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post