Indonesian atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 04:13 AM
Indonesian atheist
Hi everyone.

As you can see on the subject i live in Indonesia, also born and raised in Indonesia.
Some of you may know or doesn't know that Indonesia only recognize 6 religion Buddhism, Islam, Christianity(Protestant and Catholic count as different), Confucianism, and Hinduism.
So to be having no religion is an actual crime here. Also there is been some cases when atheist that speak their mind either online (facebook) or in real life have been subject to a beating by their neighbours.

That is why i'm here, so i can have a discussion to a like minded without being discriminated.

Also my introduction are also meant to be so that you guys can understand when there is something wrong with the grammar of the English im using.

So that is it guys. Looking forward to the oncoming discussion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like linolear's post
16-07-2014, 04:45 AM
RE: Indonesian atheist
Hi there, neighbour.

Yes, the beating incident was discussed here and also the case of Alexander Aan.

Maybe, when you've settled in, we can discuss more about what's happening there currently.

Welcome aboard.

16-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi there.

Indonesia had some kick-ass music back in the 60s and 70s. That's about all I know about the place.

Wait! Didn't they just have an election? How's that going? Both candidates look pretty mediocre, but at least Jokowi didn't gun down protestors back in the day...

... this is my signature!
16-07-2014, 10:35 AM
(16-07-2014 04:13 AM)linolear Wrote:  Hi everyone.

As you can see on the subject i live in Indonesia, also born and raised in Indonesia.
Some of you may know or doesn't know that Indonesia only recognize 6 religion Buddhism, Islam, Christianity(Protestant and Catholic count as different), Confucianism, and Hinduism.
So to be having no religion is an actual crime here. Also there is been some cases when atheist that speak their mind either online (facebook) or in real life have been subject to a beating by their neighbours.

That is why i'm here, so i can have a discussion to a like minded without being discriminated.

Also my introduction are also meant to be so that you guys can understand when there is something wrong with the grammar of the English im using.

Welcome to the forum Linolear! Would you like to tell us something about yourself? What were you raised as? How did you become an atheist? Do your friends and family know?

Doc
16-07-2014, 09:53 PM
(16-07-2014 09:19 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Hi there.

Indonesia had some kick-ass music back in the 60s and 70s. That's about all I know about the place.

Wait! Didn't they just have an election? How's that going? Both candidates look pretty mediocre, but at least Jokowi didn't gun down protestors back in the day...

I remain skeptical, no one man could ever change a country that is so corrupt.
Until intellegence and basic sense of morality became a requirement to became a representative in the council. Indonesia will remain underdeveloped country even though the country have a lot of potential of natural resources.

(16-07-2014 10:35 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Linolear! Would you like to tell us something about yourself? What were you raised as? How did you become an atheist? Do your friends and family know?

Doc

I was raised Protestant. I didnt remember exactly when is the turning point that i became atheist. Family and most of my friends know about this.
17-07-2014, 06:44 AM

This is one of the big reasons I fight religion so hard, believe THIS or I will beat you/kill you/ostracize you etc.....sigh Just makes me mad.

Anyway, welcome! Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
17-07-2014, 08:52 AM
(16-07-2014 09:53 PM)linolear Wrote:  I remain skeptical, no one man could ever change a country that is so corrupt.
Until intellegence and basic sense of morality became a requirement to became a representative in the council. Indonesia will remain underdeveloped country even though the country have a lot of potential of natural resources.

To be fair, most developed countries are also run by corrupt idiots...

... this is my signature!
17-07-2014, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2014 06:39 PM by RogueWarrior.)

Don't mix atheism with religion. They are completely separate things.

There are Buddhists who do not believe in god.

In any event, if you no longer believe in a god, and need to camouflage yourself against theistic idiots, then that is an alternative.

Welcome and enjoy the discussions
19-07-2014, 12:51 AM
Hello and welcome.
19-07-2014, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2014 08:29 PM by Mr Woof.)
WElcome ! Yes Enjoy!Unsure

BUT
V

V

V

......WE DON'T ALL THINK THEIST ARE IDIOTS!Facepalm