Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 11:09 PM
RE: Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)
My kitties:

[Image: 168923_490071034716_6528718_n.jpg]

[Image: 163894_490073634716_5690113_n.jpg]

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
09-02-2013, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 12:34 AM by Mr Woof.)
My four cats.
First, was my wife's cat Noiro, later to become Mr Briquette. Needless to say he was black.
A friendly down to earth fellow Mr Briquette was extremely promiscuous.
As he approached middle age the caterwauling became even worse and 'fixing up' was our decision.
Fortunately for Noiro the vet felt, given his age, that neutering might drive him off his head and he was spared.
A few years later he passed on, with a gentle smile on his face.

Mr Briquette was replaced by Madam Louche, a kitten purchased form The Cat Protection Society.
An extremely haughty, snobbish cat, she didn't like me at all but had a reasonable rapport with Mrs Woof.
Madam Louche must have had a few good points though I am unable to recall any. The major events I recall re Louche were quite sad. She had bad teeth, according to the vet, and these were extracted causing a catastrophic event.
This surgery brought about a great psychological disturbance to the cat, who became depressed refusing to eat.
AS a result of this trauma Louche moved under the house ,perhaps to die, an action requiring me, steak in hand, to extract her from an undignified death and grave. A few days later, inside, she would die in my arms.

Best cat of all was Tilly, who was allegedly run over by one of my brothers in law and resided with us during Louche's latter years. A small female ginger, Tilly was full of beans and soon took over our yard and surroundings. She really ruled the roost. Unlike the other cat she really liked me, would jump up on my knee quite often, and perform amazing Voodoo contortions at my feet. Was she possessed? More likely it was a result of the running over incident.
Her affection towards me extended to biting people she saw as my foe, and this further enhanced our relationship.
Tilly, aka Madam Della Puss, a true matriarch, lived to twenty years. Sadly, this was really too long as she succumbed too slowly, to many things. We really should have had her put down far sooner.

Current cat, Fat Boy, initially Gandhi (didn't fit at all) has just become a senior (8 years) is pretty ordinary.
His main claim to fame is a belly which almost drags along the ground and almost being banned by the vet..... not Louche's vet, but a rather hard woman who felt intimidated by a freaked out feline.
Fat boy is extremely shy, frightened of the possums, and once befriended a crippled crow, L,homme Noir.
I could say a bit more about this fellow but I have probably written too much already.
Time to puss off. Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
09-02-2013, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 03:16 PM by kim.)
RE: My four cats.
You and your cat family sounds like you've had some great times. Ha - I love that Fat Boy's original name was Gandhi!! Tongue

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
09-02-2013, 01:01 AM
(24-07-2012 01:04 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  That's right folks! I am starting a KITTY CAT thread! Clap Laugh out load Cool

For starters:

[Image: cat5.jpg]

[Image: cat7.jpg]

[Image: cat2.jpg]

[Image: cat4.jpg]

[Image: cat.jpg]

[Image: cat6.jpg]

[Image: cat3.jpg]

You should now have a good idea of whether or not you should be here.

First off, I am actually more of a 'dog person'. Just sayin'.

So, this can be for anything kitty, but first I have a question and would like opinions.

What do you think about the indoor option for a cat vs the outdoor? Say a cat that has matured (so not a kitten) has been a primarily or always indoor cat, but then decides it really really wants out all the time. The owners live on a busy street or in a busy neighbourhood. They want to keep the cat in for safety and give it all the toys, treats and love ever imagined. But, the mature consenting cat wants out for adventure of its own.

What is the ethical decision? Safety over want? Or freedom over risk?

[Image: cat_proximity.png]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
09-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Hybrid cat outside few hours a day, in at night.. life lived long happy

[Image: mW3Tso9.jpg]
13-02-2013, 01:15 PM
[Image: 385185_491720164202633_1817888806_n.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
13-02-2013, 09:53 PM
[Image: kitty_zps040911c2.jpg]

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
14-02-2013, 06:15 PM
(13-02-2013 09:53 PM)aurora Wrote:  [Image: kitty_zps040911c2.jpg]
Yes! Very apt caption and a nice puss,
My cat story, my 4 cats, got mis-posted to TTATO.
Trying to transpose it;failed so far.
May also send a photo of Fat Boy when capable.
mR wOOF AKA mEOW.
14-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Love, love, love cats! Heart

[Image: cat1_zpse2474590.jpg]

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
14-02-2013, 06:21 PM
(14-02-2013 06:19 PM)aurora Wrote:  Love, love, love cats! Heart

[Image: cat1_zpse2474590.jpg]
My wife is the main cat person, though I tolerate them very well.
I really prefer dogs.