Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 07:42 PM by Zat.)
RE: Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)
I used to be a dog-person.

I had a Great Piranese once, pure white, she and I were very close -- until she died.

At one point I had three dogs, and all were family.

They all died - eventually.

Now we have 4 cats -- they just showed up, one after the other: starving, frightened, asking for help.

What could we do?

Now they are our children --an inexhaustable source of entertainment and affection.

Inter-species communication is a fascinating experience and we love every minute of it.

You can trust them, you can count on them, they will never betray you -- as humans often do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Zat's post
14-02-2013, 07:42 PM
We have three indoor cats, but we feed about 10-12 outdoors cats...they are semi-feral. Only one of the outdoor cats lets us pet him, another lets my wife pet her every once in a while. The mother of most of the cats is about 15-17 years old and once belonged to my grandmother, and she is STILL having litters of kittens. She is at least 15 years old, and she is pregnant right now, had a litter last summer. She also has one eye, and she is definitely an alpha female. Many of the kittens do not survive due to dogs, coyotes, and I suspect some family members have killed some of them to keep the population down. Since I've lived here I've mostly kept the dogs at bay, but many have still went missing. It's a shame, but at least they get a chance to live. They sure aren't going to starve to death with us around though. Getting them fixed is not an option, you cannot catch them. Besides, it would cost a fortune even if you could. We have three "cat houses" on our porch for them to sleep in with throw covers serving as their bed. At one point there was about 20 outside cats, and 4 indoor cats. We have resorted to giving them names based on their look. The oldest, one-eyed gal is Jack...cause, you know, one-eye, but the others have names like, Grey Baby, Grey Baby 2, Big Tail, Little Big Tail, V (V pattern on face), Hitler (We had a Kitler ), Ghost (Grey Ghost) Smile

14-02-2013, 07:48 PM
We had a fifth cat for 5 years.

We called him the 'monster'.

He had the idea of killing our other four cats and move in, being the only one.

We had to keep him in a separate building (heated in winter just for him) away from our other cats.

He was really vicious. I still have scars on my arm where he got me when I tried to touch him.

He would disappear for weeks at spring time and come back, sometime shredded almost beyond recognition.

But he always came back.

Until this fall.

One night he went out and never showed up again.

We are almost sure he got killed by coyotes.

It was a relief in a way, but we still miss him.

They grow on you.
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post
16-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Dark Light's story sounds similar to mine. We have two indoor cats, both adopted us. One cat has a fenced cat gym and run from a back window that lets her go outside without the danger outdoor cats face. Our elder cat pretty much stays inside and sleeps, when he's not giving massages. We also support a clan of feral cats. We can't get close to the ferals except for Sera. You can't pet her, but she occasionally tries to get in the house. They all know the sound of the back door opening and come running. Most of them have figured out that my grandma's dog, who winters with us, is harmless, though she will give chase if the cats run. So we keep part of the yard fenced off from the dog during the winter so they can relax there. Plus, our fencing is mostly brick wall and the cats like to hang out there and look down on her. When it rains and during hot nights, the ferals like to sleep on our cars under the carport. We started naming them by color, but then as word spread among the ferals that we had food, we noticed there were only four color patterns that dominated the group: grey with white mittens/boots and a white triangle on the chest, tiger tabbies, white with large tiger patches and tiger face masks, and yellow tabbies. Once in a while a black will show up.
16-02-2013, 06:27 AM
[Image: demotivation.us_THE-INTERNET-Is-a-lot-li...365787.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
16-02-2013, 11:09 PM
(16-02-2013 06:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: demotivation.us_THE-INTERNET-Is-a-lot-li...365787.jpg]
Hi Chas.
If you get a chance some time would it be possible to transfer my cat piece My four Cats, in TTATO, by mistake to here? ......Thanks!

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
17-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Sorry Chas, I meant The Coffee Shop. Silly me!
Thank you once again, in advance, for transference of formerly cited cat article. Big Grin [font='Comic Sans MS'] [/font]

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
17-02-2013, 08:31 PM
AW: Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)
[Image: sgwRi-780260.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
17-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Luff Tard Cat! Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
18-02-2013, 12:47 AM
[Image: be1.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post