Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2012, 01:44 PM
RE: Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)
(24-07-2012 06:16 AM)bemore Wrote:  Nice.... a cat thread..... I love pussy Wink

Also a good opportunity to post one of the craziest videos I have seen in my entire life.

What was going through those birds heads????

I wanna see that fight remixed with the Kirk/Spock Q-tip battle theme!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2012, 01:59 PM
(24-07-2012 07:36 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Outdoor cats or Feral cats are a plague and should be dealt with, without any emotion involved.
http://www.ianrpubs.unl.edu/epublic/live...ec1781.pdf

No, they're just animals doing what animals do.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-07-2012, 02:00 PM
(24-07-2012 09:44 AM)elemts Wrote:  I've had this conversation with others in the past, and the simplified version (Dom's post covered things quite well) is that the world used to be cat-friendly, but now cats should be indoor-only in most locations. Really, we bread them for it, and there's more dangers outside from nature, humans (intentional and not), and who-knows-what-else out there. Just a few years ago there was a man who put out antifreeze in bowls just to kill off any animals that would come by his place (he put out food with antifreeze on it too!).

Keep in mind, I think the same for dogs too. Just because it's a dog, doesn't mean it's safe.

I have an AR. I would be able to deal with that guy.Evil_monster

24-07-2012, 02:08 PM
(24-07-2012 12:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  Sorry, I am withdrawing from this thread, the sick cat killing jokes bother me. They just do. I will probably dream about this shit tonight.

The cat violence jokes aren't very amusing. One of my cats, a 17 year-old male, died last night after a short illness. His remains go in the pet cemetery out back today.

He was a feral that bit my hand to the bone 16 years ago, landing me in the ER for IV antibiotics. He was black and white, Othello was his name.

24-07-2012, 02:09 PM
(24-07-2012 02:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have an AR. I would be able to deal with that guy.Evil_monster

I heard that a police officer stopped by to tell him that if any animal was found dead, he'd be charged with animal cruelty--or something like that (we have a few police that are VERY animal-rights like, they question people who have dogs outside on hot days [if they don't see water], and other things, yet are just normal police). So I think it was short lived at least....
24-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Kittehs makes me sleepies. They come inna my room, curl up on my bed, and leave a buncha Sleepy Kitteh Cooties lying around... *yawn*

Nap time. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-07-2012, 02:26 PM
(24-07-2012 02:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 12:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  Sorry, I am withdrawing from this thread, the sick cat killing jokes bother me. They just do. I will probably dream about this shit tonight.

The cat violence jokes aren't very amusing. One of my cats, a 17 year-old male, died last night after a short illness. His remains go in the pet cemetery out back today.

He was a feral that bit my hand to the bone 16 years ago, landing me in the ER for IV antibiotics. He was black and white, Othello was his name.

Sorry to hear about your cat, that is always a tough time.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
24-07-2012, 02:35 PM
(24-07-2012 01:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 07:36 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Outdoor cats or Feral cats are a plague and should be dealt with, without any emotion involved.
http://www.ianrpubs.unl.edu/epublic/live...ec1781.pdf

No, they're just animals doing what animals do.

No their put in a place that they were never meant to be in. They were meant to stay in doors not to kill anything that moves across their line of sight. I don't have a problem with a house cat. It's the ones that people drop off out in the woods or at the farm. If you cant afford to keep the cats turn them over to the humane society or a rescue. Feral cats have got out of control. You cant shake a stick out in the woods without finding some feral cat out in a woods. When rabies start effecting children then maybe something will be done. One day some feral cat will bite a kid and give it rabies. Only then will something be done about it.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
24-07-2012, 02:39 PM
(24-07-2012 02:35 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 01:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, they're just animals doing what animals do.

No their put in a place that they were never meant to be in. They were meant to stay in doors not to kill anything that moves across their line of sight. I don't have a problem with a house cat. It's the ones that people drop off out in the woods or at the farm. If you cant afford to keep the cats turn them over to the humane society or a rescue. Feral cats have got out of control. You cant shake a stick out in the woods without finding some feral cat out in a woods. When rabies start effecting children then maybe something will be done. One day some feral cat will bite a kid and give it rabies. Only then will something be done about it.

Do you have any rescue groups in your area? They can try a capture, neuter/spay and release program. That and educating people not to feed them will help keeop their numbers down. If there is a program in yor area it may be worth a call.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
24-07-2012, 02:42 PM
(24-07-2012 02:39 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 02:35 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  No their put in a place that they were never meant to be in. They were meant to stay in doors not to kill anything that moves across their line of sight. I don't have a problem with a house cat. It's the ones that people drop off out in the woods or at the farm. If you cant afford to keep the cats turn them over to the humane society or a rescue. Feral cats have got out of control. You cant shake a stick out in the woods without finding some feral cat out in a woods. When rabies start effecting children then maybe something will be done. One day some feral cat will bite a kid and give it rabies. Only then will something be done about it.

Do you have any rescue groups in your area? They can try a capture, neuter/spay and release program. That and educating people not to feed them will help keeop their numbers down. If there is a program in yor area it may be worth a call.

Release to kill more birds????? are you joking? They have killed most of the pheasant and ground birds in Ohio and other states. Why release them to do more damage???

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post