Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2012, 02:48 PM
RE: Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)
(24-07-2012 02:42 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 02:39 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Do you have any rescue groups in your area? They can try a capture, neuter/spay and release program. That and educating people not to feed them will help keeop their numbers down. If there is a program in yor area it may be worth a call.

Release to kill more birds????? are you joking? They have killed most of the pheasant and ground birds in Ohio and other states. Why release them to do more damage???

Usually a feral adult doesn't take to people and socialization is next to impossible, if you get their kittens early enough they can be socialized and adopted out. The idea is to stop the growth of the colony, get them rabies vaccinated, and in the long term to reduce the numbers to a minimum. Unfortunately you will always have poeople that just dump their pets when they are done with them so the problem never totally goes away.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2012, 03:01 PM
(24-07-2012 02:48 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 02:42 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Release to kill more birds????? are you joking? They have killed most of the pheasant and ground birds in Ohio and other states. Why release them to do more damage???

Usually a feral adult doesn't take to people and socialization is next to impossible, if you get their kittens early enough they can be socialized and adopted out. The idea is to stop the growth of the colony, get them rabies vaccinated, and in the long term to reduce the numbers to a minimum. Unfortunately you will always have poeople that just dump their pets when they are done with them so the problem never totally goes away.

Worked for Chas!

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
24-07-2012, 03:07 PM
(24-07-2012 03:01 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 02:48 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Usually a feral adult doesn't take to people and socialization is next to impossible, if you get their kittens early enough they can be socialized and adopted out. The idea is to stop the growth of the colony, get them rabies vaccinated, and in the long term to reduce the numbers to a minimum. Unfortunately you will always have poeople that just dump their pets when they are done with them so the problem never totally goes away.

Worked for Chas!

That's why Isaid usually. A shelter set up for adoption usually doesn't have the resources to spend trying to socialize them. If you have farms around you they can usually be set up as barn cats too.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
24-07-2012, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 03:37 PM by LadyJane.)
(24-07-2012 12:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  Sorry, I am withdrawing from this thread, the sick cat killing jokes bother me. They just do. I will probably dream about this shit tonight.

Nooo! Sad What a loss to the cat thread.

Geez KC, why did the bully in you come out?

(24-07-2012 02:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 12:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  Sorry, I am withdrawing from this thread, the sick cat killing jokes bother me. They just do. I will probably dream about this shit tonight.

The cat violence jokes aren't very amusing. One of my cats, a 17 year-old male, died last night after a short illness. His remains go in the pet cemetery out back today.

He was a feral that bit my hand to the bone 16 years ago, landing me in the ER for IV antibiotics. He was black and white, Othello was his name.

Sorry to hear, Chas.

My brother-in-law saved a similar kitty and years later the kitty saved him, I'm sure. He just got diagnosed with cancer last Friday and has a couple weeks left. We went to my sister's to say goodbye yesterday. (ETA, the cat has the cancer, not my BIL)

I am more convinced to keep kitty inside. Just after I posted this we found out a neighbours cat went to the ravine near by and never returned last month. Sad

Plus, I've already spent thousands on my dog last year for surgery, I think I'm good for paying vets for awhile.

Thanks for all the indoor/outdoor replies!

And yes, spay and neuter your kitties!

[Image: cat8.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
24-07-2012, 03:33 PM
(24-07-2012 03:26 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Geez KC, why did the bully in you come out?

I think it was a misfire and an over-reaction, but both are allowed 'round here. Now, moar kittehs!

[Image: funny-cat-pictures-classic-lolcat18.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2012, 03:46 PM
[Image: funny-pictures-mythbuster-cat.jpg]

Ehehehe...

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
24-07-2012, 03:49 PM
(24-07-2012 03:26 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Nooo! Sad What a loss to the cat thread.

The fact that people get that offended at jokes just doesn't compute with me.

I make fun of everything. I've said this on several occasions. Jokes are jokes. Nothing more.

"Well KC, but that just isn't funny... it's cruel and insensitive."

To that I say:

Say that to me when you've never said something that has offended someone else. You may have not meant for it to offended, but because of sensitivities, you offended them. On the other hand, you may very well know that your opinion or what you have to say may not be taken well by someone but you say it anyway simply because it is what you believe.

Who's wrong here?

You have the right to believe and say what you think, but do I have the right to not be offended?

I would say no. I don't think anyone has the right to not be offended.

Dom did the right thing. She didn't like what she saw, so she left. She wasn't bullied out, she just didn't want to hear the jokes.

We have the freedom to tell jokes. You have the freedom to not look at them. But you don't have the freedom to not be offended because it impedes on others freedoms.

I stand by my opinion that everything is subject to ridicule and jokes are funny. I don't view them as offensive because jokes can't be offensive. They are meant to entertain. That's my opinion, anyway. I can't tell you how many jokes I've used IRL from the "Jokes about Religion" thread. If anything, I should be boycotting that type of humor, but I just can't... because I can't take jokes seriously.

I'm also willing to bet those that got offended at the cat jokes don't blink in an action movie when someone gets shot.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
24-07-2012, 03:53 PM
I can say from my own experiences..... many that make dead cat jokes have also said they've actually done it (or known some who have)... I've learned to try and ignore them and not listen to the people, but that's just me. Of course I can make jokes about other things that make others cringe and want to puke, so they've "learned" what could happen (or just me making comments that I appear serious that cause the same reaction)--so people don't do it as much around me in person.
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post
24-07-2012, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 04:13 PM by LadyJane.)
(24-07-2012 03:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 03:26 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Nooo! Sad What a loss to the cat thread.

The fact that people get that offended at jokes just doesn't compute with me.

I make fun of everything. I've said this on several occasions. Jokes are jokes. Nothing more.

"Well KC, but that just isn't funny... it's cruel and insensitive."

To that I say:

Say that to me when you've never said something that has offended someone else. You may have not meant for it to offended, but because of sensitivities, you offended them. On the other hand, you may very well know that your opinion or what you have to say may not be taken well by someone but you say it anyway simply because it is what you believe.

Who's wrong here?

You have the right to believe and say what you think, but do I have the right to not be offended?

I would say no. I don't think anyone has the right to not be offended.

Dom did the right thing. She didn't like what she saw, so she left. She wasn't bullied out, she just didn't want to hear the jokes.

We have the freedom to tell jokes. You have the freedom to not look at them. But you don't have the freedom to not be offended because it impedes on others freedoms.

I stand by my opinion that everything is subject to ridicule and jokes are funny. I don't view them as offensive because jokes can't be offensive. They are meant to entertain. That's my opinion, anyway. I can't tell you how many jokes I've used IRL from the "Jokes about Religion" thread. If anything, I should be boycotting that type of humor, but I just can't... because I can't take jokes seriously.

I'm also willing to bet those that got offended at the cat jokes don't blink in an action movie when someone gets shot.

I see what you're saying.

I guess it strikes a chord particularly with me because a neighbour that had cats was quite cruel to them so it makes me actually picture the shit that is not unlike the jokes you described.

Also, a person in a movie theatre who had a loved one who died in a similar fashion most definitely will cringe.

I can't stand 'horr and gore' personally.

You are right about the bully comment, my apologies. It was my offence and not you having inner bully. Maybe if you persisted and directed it particularly at someone who asked you not to, then it would've been bullying.

I'm going to post more kitty pictures now, because that's what I'm here for Big Grin

ETA I think, however, there are appropriate and inappropriate times for jokes. Just to say Smile
24-07-2012, 04:12 PM
One for Kim

[Image: cat9.jpg]

And a few others

[Image: cat10.jpg]

[Image: cat11.jpg]

[Image: cat12.jpg]

[Image: cat13.jpg]

[Image: cat14.jpg]