Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2012, 04:15 PM
RE: Indoor Cat VS Outdoor Cat (and anything else cat)
(24-07-2012 04:07 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 03:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The fact that people get that offended at jokes just doesn't compute with me.

I make fun of everything. I've said this on several occasions. Jokes are jokes. Nothing more.

"Well KC, but that just isn't funny... it's cruel and insensitive."

To that I say:

Say that to me when you've never said something that has offended someone else. You may have not meant for it to offended, but because of sensitivities, you offended them. On the other hand, you may very well know that your opinion or what you have to say may not be taken well by someone but you say it anyway simply because it is what you believe.

Who's wrong here?

You have the right to believe and say what you think, but do I have the right to not be offended?

I would say no. I don't think anyone has the right to not be offended.

Dom did the right thing. She didn't like what she saw, so she left. She wasn't bullied out, she just didn't want to hear the jokes.

We have the freedom to tell jokes. You have the freedom to not look at them. But you don't have the freedom to not be offended because it impedes on others freedoms.

I stand by my opinion that everything is subject to ridicule and jokes are funny. I don't view them as offensive because jokes can't be offensive. They are meant to entertain. That's my opinion, anyway. I can't tell you how many jokes I've used IRL from the "Jokes about Religion" thread. If anything, I should be boycotting that type of humor, but I just can't... because I can't take jokes seriously.

I'm also willing to bet those that got offended at the cat jokes don't blink in an action movie when someone gets shot.

I see what you're saying.

I guess it strikes a chord particularly with me because a neighbour that had cats was quite cruel to them so it makes me actually picture the shit that is not unlike the jokes you described.

Also, a person in a movie theatre who had a loved one who died in a similar fashion most definitely will cringe.

I can't stand 'horr and gore' personally.

You are right about the bully comment, my apologies. It was my offence and not you having inner bully. Maybe if you persisted and directed it particularly at someone who asked you not to, then it would've been bullying.

I'm going to post more kitty pictures now, because that's what I'm here for Big Grin

ETA I think, however, there are appropriate and inappropriate times for jokes. Just to say Smile

Here you go:

[Image: 1325233350_funny_cat_plus_fat_kid_meme_gag.jpg]

[Image: funny-cat-in-mail-box-meme.jpg]

[Image: conspiracy-cat-meme_133183078969.jpg]

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-07-2012, 04:35 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

This is me when reading this thread Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
24-07-2012, 05:44 PM
(24-07-2012 04:35 PM)Magoo Wrote:  AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

This is me when reading this thread Big Grin

Not me, I'm fucking terrified. All those cats are looking at me like "Ooh that fat one will feed me for a long time." Even the ones with their eyes closed. Don't you people realize that your cat is just waiting for you to die SO IT CAN FUCKING EAT YOU!

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-07-2012, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 06:03 PM by houseofcantor.)
(24-07-2012 05:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Don't you people realize that your cat is just waiting for you to die SO IT CAN FUCKING EAT YOU!

Why not? When he dies, Imma gonna eat him. Evil_monster

(Bob said that. I said there was drama, and he said - do it)

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-07-2012, 06:00 PM
(24-07-2012 05:52 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 05:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Don't you people realize that your cat is just waiting for you to die SO IT CAN FUCKING EAT YOU!

Why not? When he dies, Imma gonna eat him. Evil_monster

Fair enough. ... Still don't like the way they eyeball me. [Image: Cowering.gif]

Breathing - it's more art than science.
24-07-2012, 07:23 PM
I tend to agree in that it used to be okay for cats to be outside but not anymore. There are too many risks, not only for the cat but the native wildlife.
I really miss having a cat. The last time I had a cat she was a indoor Siamese cat which was given to me at six years old (her previous owner had a new baby and as she gave up giving attention to the cat it became jealous of the baby). She was an awesome cat and lived until 13 years old. She was more like a dog as she played fetch! I cried for three friggin days when she died so I decided no more pets for a while. I'll probably get another soonish Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
24-07-2012, 08:01 PM
I dont think my opinion is going to go down well..... but its my opinion.

Ok cat, because I own you and I "love" you im going to consider my needs above your own and im going to keep you indoors for the rest of your life. Im also going to have you spayed for my own reasons..... so that you dont spray and make my house stink (even though some spayed cats can still spray).... well there is no other reason, seeing as you cant get out and multiply.

Even though I am aware that the area I live in is probably not suitable for you, that there are more predators/diseases/ticks and mites here that can shorten your life expectancy, im still going to go against nature and because people wish to make money selling your kind im going to contribute to this by buying you.... even though i know the area where I am going to home you isnt a suitable area for you to live, for my own personal and (in my eyes) selfish reasons im going to buy you and keep you imprisoned for the rest of your life...... even though the chances are if I let you out you wont actually stray very far away.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
24-07-2012, 08:19 PM
(24-07-2012 08:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  I dont think my opinion is going to go down well..... but its my opinion.

Ok cat, because I own you and I "love" you im going to consider my needs above your own and im going to keep you indoors for the rest of your life. Im also going to have you spayed for my own reasons..... so that you dont spray and make my house stink (even though some spayed cats can still spray).... well there is no other reason, seeing as you cant get out and multiply.

Even though I am aware that the area I live in is probably not suitable for you, that there are more predators/diseases/ticks and mites here that can shorten your life expectancy, im still going to go against nature and because people wish to make money selling your kind im going to contribute to this by buying you.... even though i know the area where I am going to home you isnt a suitable area for you to live, for my own personal and (in my eyes) selfish reasons im going to buy you and keep you imprisoned for the rest of your life...... even though the chances are if I let you out you wont actually stray very far away.

I see where you're coming from Consider

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
24-07-2012, 10:36 PM
[Image: jesuscat-1.jpg]

I got this one from catsthatlooklikehitler.com This one is my favorite... he's really working the Mein Fuhrer look. Smile
[Image: kitler1606.jpg]

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
24-07-2012, 10:46 PM
(24-07-2012 10:36 PM)kim Wrote:  [Jesus cat photo]

I saw one of my cats do that years ago. The mother of the other two cats would come down to the dock when we were fishing. She loved to eat the corn that we used for baiting carp. This annoyed my step-dad, who promptly shoved her off the dock with his foot. She then jumped off the surface of the water! The river was up, meaning there was at least 7 feet of water between her and the ground. She landed back on the dock with not a drop of water on her. That was one of the most physically impressive things I have ever seen. Can you imagine being so fast that you can jump off of water? Maybe Jesus was the Flash.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post