Indy 500

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2016, 06:56 AM
Indy 500
400,000+ people here.....finishing up tailgating....sweet.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
29-05-2016, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2016 08:56 PM by Full Circle.)
RE: Indy 500
Have fun, remember not to play out in the street, and I hope your favorite jockey wins.

I know, different strokes for different folks and my not liking to watch car races in no way reflects on those who do but they hold no interest for me, never have. And I like cars. Undecided

Submarine races on the other hand... Wink

[Image: Submarine-racing.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-05-2016, 07:34 AM
I am regularly tortured with the sights and sounds of NASCAR. Weeping I have developed an extreme distaste for all things motorsports. But, I do get the appeal of the Indy 500 - it's an event.

Have fun...godspeed and all that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-05-2016, 07:40 AM
ugh. id rather spoon with a porcupine than watch nascar.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
29-05-2016, 07:43 AM
(29-05-2016 07:40 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  ugh. id rather spoon with a porcupine than watch nascar.

So would I. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-05-2016, 03:45 PM
(29-05-2016 07:40 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  ugh. id rather spoon with a porcupine than watch nascar.

Which is why I don't go to NASCAR.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
29-05-2016, 03:48 PM
I sat down during the prayer. Evil_monster

I was in a forrest of standees.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
29-05-2016, 04:04 PM
(29-05-2016 03:48 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I sat down during the prayer. Evil_monster

What kind of prayer do they have at a NASCAR event? Is god supposed to come down and keep the drivers safe or something?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-05-2016, 04:11 PM
(29-05-2016 04:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 03:48 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I sat down during the prayer. Evil_monster

What kind of prayer do they have at a NASCAR event? Is god supposed to come down and keep the drivers safe or something?

The Indy 500 is open-wheel racing not NASCAR.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-05-2016, 04:17 PM
(29-05-2016 04:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

As Rev said...Indy is not NASCAR.

But, yeah, prayer is as big at NASCAR as it is at most other sporting events...cause god loves sports. He is, in fact, so busy answering prayers at sporting events that he can't take the time to stop disease and poverty.

But he obviously wasn't a Dale Earnhardt fan.