Infant born pregnant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 09:29 PM
RE: Infant born pregnant
(11-02-2015 09:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 06:12 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What? Why? I think its an incredible phenomena!

This baby's father impregnated her and than doctors had to give the baby an abortion... In what way is that an incredible phenomena and not in anyway shape or form on some level, disgusting?

Reading up on it, it's apparently an extremely rare condition which impregnation of the woman makes the baby 'pregnant' as well. But, there wasn't any sexual interaction with the kid.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 10:08 PM
It is not possible for a fetus/baby at that point to be "pregnant". The hormonal systems and processes are NOT (yet) PRESENT for it to happen. It is not possible. Period, UNLESS the baby is an endocrine freak.

"When an oocyte is developing in an ovary, it is encapsulated in a spherical collection of cells known as an ovarian follicle. Just prior to ovulation the primary oocyte completes meiosis I to form the first polar body and a secondary oocyte which is arrested in metaphase of meiosis II. This secondary oocyte is then ovulated. The follicle and the ovary's wall rupture, allowing the secondary oocyte to escape. The secondary oocyte is caught by the fimbriated end and travels to the ampulla of the uterine tube where typically the sperm are met and fertilization occurs; meiosis II is promptly completed. The fertilized ovum, now a zygote, travels towards the uterus aided by activity of tubal cilia and activity of the tubal muscle. After about five days the new embryo enters the uterine cavity and on about the sixth day implants on the wall of the uterus. The release of an oocyte does not alternate between the two ovaries and seems to be random. After removal of an ovary, the remaining one produces an egg every month."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Hey I live in Arkansas! I can tell you we are not like that here thank you very much.

However This Story I'd Like to know if it is real?
12-02-2015, 06:19 AM
Another showing of gawd's perfect plans.

Sheesh, how strange.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-02-2015, 07:54 AM
(11-02-2015 09:29 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 09:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This baby's father impregnated her and than doctors had to give the baby an abortion... In what way is that an incredible phenomena and not in anyway shape or form on some level, disgusting?

Reading up on it, it's apparently an extremely rare condition which impregnation of the woman makes the baby 'pregnant' as well. But, there wasn't any sexual interaction with the kid.

No shit. I was being sarcastic about the bang being a slut

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
12-02-2015, 07:56 AM
(11-02-2015 08:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 08:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Which explains why she wasn't permitted to keep them...

China's one child policy.

Dodgy

I was under the impression that, strictly speaking, that didn't cover multiple births - one can hardly abort two of three triplets...

Actually you can. It called selective reduction

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
12-02-2015, 07:58 AM
(11-02-2015 09:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 06:12 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What? Why? I think its an incredible phenomena!

This baby's father impregnated her and than doctors had to give the baby an abortion... In what way is that an incredible phenomena and not in anyway shape or form on some level, disgusting?

Um no. Read the article. Baby was born "pregnant"

12-02-2015, 08:04 AM
That is hella weird.

At the bottom it mentions how doctors found a calcified baby in a woman, and I think that's pretty cool. I've seen several posts about stone babies on tumblr. The baby grows and dies outside of the uterus, and to protect the mother, calcium covers it to protect the mother and it hardens and then you have a stone baby and it could literally just stay there for years without you knowing.

Ohmy
12-02-2015, 08:22 AM
(12-02-2015 07:58 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 09:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This baby's father impregnated her and than doctors had to give the baby an abortion... In what way is that an incredible phenomena and not in anyway shape or form on some level, disgusting?

Um no. Read the article. Baby was born "pregnant"

Yes I understand the baby was born pregnant.
One does not get pregnant with only half the dna...
12-02-2015, 08:31 AM
(12-02-2015 08:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes I understand the baby was born pregnant.
One does not get pregnant with only half the dna...

If I'm reading it right the baby was not born pregnant; there were originally 3 and 2 did not develop but ended up incorporated into the body of the one that did. She was born with two fetuses inside her but not as the result of being impregnated. They were her siblings, not her children.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post