Infected computer :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2016, 04:04 AM
Infected computer :(
I'm usually quite careful downloading things and never ever really get viruses or malware (As far as I'm aware anyway) but I stupidly tried downloading a game yesterday and I've fucked up.

I've done a Junkware Removal which removed a chunk of shit, Malwarebytes scan which removed hundreds of dangerous items (including a trojan) and my Windows Defender scan removed a Trojan too.

I think I've cleaned most of my shit up however there are a couple of folders/programmes that are seemingly impossible to remove.

Regular delete doesn't work. JRT fails to delete them. File Assassin fails to delete them. It says when I manually try and delete them that it's not possible while they are still running in another programme (the hooks are deep.)

Any tech savvy people on here that can help?

The two remaining programmes are SoftUpgrade and LenovoBrowserGuard

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2016, 04:10 AM
RE: Infected computer :(
Update: I think I've solved it. All infected files deleted yay but I didn't get my game Sad

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
30-07-2016, 05:41 AM
Three words for the future...

Backup. Backup. Backup. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
30-07-2016, 05:42 AM
I run Malwarebytes and Avast, never any problems. I also run NoScript on Firefox for ... hazardous sites. Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
30-07-2016, 07:37 PM
It ain't really a virus, but my previous computer had originally been programmed in French since I bought it from a Quebecker who was returning home. I do English and Spanish, but never got to French, but quite often that computer even after paying to have it brought into English would give me French. I was doing a course to learn Portuguese, and even afte rcommunicating with the website I couldn't get it to give me English-Portuguese, either English French or Portuguese- French. Now that computer has gone to its eternal rewards, but for some reason the new computer I bought fresh from the USA's Amazon.com tosses in French. DId it get it from the fact that some French was still hangig around on the modem? Went to youtube and got 'recharcher' which is French for something! Yesterday a website I went to in Spanish switched to French after I had been there for a few minutes. I found where I could bring it back to Spanish and a fewminutes it jumped back to French. When changed it once more time to English this time it stayed. Anybody have any good ideas?
Thanks
30-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Back up all of your important files and do a clean install of your OS. I had a keylogger that wasn't detected by any antivirus programs. I only found out about it when my email started sending out spam the day after I logged in without my keyscrambler enabled, and every time I changed my email password it happened again.

Also, just don't pirate executable files. It really really is a bad idea. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
31-07-2016, 02:18 AM
(30-07-2016 07:37 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  [...] Went to youtube and got 'recharcher' which is French for something! Yesterday a website I went to in Spanish switched to French after I had been there for a few minutes. I found where I could bring it back to Spanish and a few minutes it jumped back to French. When changed it once more time to English this time it stayed. Anybody have any good ideas?

"recharcher" means search in French. Have you set your default language to Spanish under Win 'Control Panel'? If you have, but it keeps changing, then you have a bug.

Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
31-07-2016, 05:51 AM
(30-07-2016 07:45 PM)cactus Wrote:  Also, just don't pirate executable files. It really really is a bad idea. Laugh out load
That's like telling someone to stay celibate to avoid getting STDs. I'd rather tell him how to recognize shady websites. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]