Infernal Life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2012, 08:54 AM
RE: Infernal Life.
(10-09-2012 08:26 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 07:00 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  But, see, the mentally impaired and the aboriginals who have not had the benefit of missionaries don't get their free pass to the same heaven as the elders of some Arizona congregation. All they get to is an anteroom sort of thing where the blessed missionaries will complete their education.
Wait. So you're saying they actually go to hell?
Tongue

Well, there is a Hell holding area... according to some, Catholics in particular, there is Purgatory - a sort of a stopping place where judgement is given a helping hand. It's a place for final purification of all who die in God's grace and friendship, but are still imperfectly purified.

It's also the place where, if you were too stupid or uninformed while alive to figure out that you better believe in God or else, you are given a full explanation and the choice to except or tell God to piss off.

Your life is probably not really important, what is important is who had power over your internal struggle - you or God. Your entire life is an actual fight with God for omnipotence. Well, all the power over you, anyway. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-09-2012, 11:05 PM
(10-09-2012 08:54 AM)kim Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 08:26 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  Wait. So you're saying they actually go to hell?
Tongue

Well, there is a Hell holding area... according to some, Catholics in particular, there is Purgatory - a sort of a stopping place where judgement is given a helping hand. It's a place for final purification of all who die in God's grace and friendship, but are still imperfectly purified.

It's also the place where, if you were too stupid or uninformed while alive to figure out that you better believe in God or else, you are given a full explanation and the choice to except or tell God to piss off.

Your life is probably not really important, what is important is who had power over your internal struggle - you or God. Your entire life is an actual fight with God for omnipotence. Well, all the power over you, anyway. Dodgy

Shit, kim, ain't that where we find our sorry asses. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-09-2012, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 02:17 AM by Mr Woof.)
(08-09-2012 07:00 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  But, see, the mentally impaired and the aboriginals who have not had the benefit of missionaries don't get their free pass to the same heaven as the elders of some Arizona congregation. All they get to is an anteroom sort of thing where the blessed missionaries will complete their education.
I hope the anteroom will see fit to give them a vigourous and demanding "going over" to ensure they reach Yahehs divine criteria, and gain notthing by default.Dodgy

Hey Kim, in the Dark Ages, the punters could pay for special relics and prayers for those in purgatory and thus improve their odds .....................
12-09-2012, 11:16 AM
So Woofy - in the Dark Ages - one hedged their bet to get into heaven by selling relics or purchasing them? It would be shitty to know that only thing keeping me out of heaven might be whether I bought a Saint's willy or not. Sadcryface

(11-09-2012 11:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Shit, kim, ain't that where we find our sorry asses. Wink

Fuck! - I find myself kicking my own ass, constantly! Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is Life a Right? Or Is It a Privilege? Misanthropik 42 500 22-07-2014 01:51 PM
Last Post: Stevil
  Life. Can only biologists speak about it? living thing 10 230 21-06-2014 06:35 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  A different idea on pro-life abortion Tartarus Sauce 4 202 04-04-2014 06:46 AM
Last Post: chandlerklebs
  the sanctity of life Dom 71 1,177 13-03-2014 04:25 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Critique My Philosophy of Life? Philosofer123 48 1,532 18-02-2014 08:33 PM
Last Post: Chippy
  My questioning of the question "What is the meaning of life" bemore 61 2,616 22-09-2013 03:56 PM
Last Post: Philosoraptor
  This is the purpose of human life. Luminon 75 2,066 08-08-2013 04:57 PM
Last Post: Luminon